JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What are your best apps (Android, Apple) that you recommend to others? 

To start with, I like Living Earth

Time zones , weather, alarm, against beautiful earth/moving globe background, shows active storms etc..etc.. (paid app)

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

5 minutes ago, Beggar for the Spirit said:

Greg, how accurate is the temperature and forecasts?

It seems to be very accurate, comes from CustomWeather, clouds are directly from satellite, tropical storms as well

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Not sure if this game is on Android, but 1 of the best games I have seen for Apple is:  Osmos

It is a beautiful game, with soothing sound affects and headphones are encouraged. The game makes you feel like you are in the cosmos and you are trying to counter the effects of gravity, black holes, etc. This is a good game If you enjoy space, physics, beauty. :)

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

1 hour ago, Beggar for the Spirit said:

Not sure if this game is on Android, but 1 of the best games I have seen for Apple is:  Osmos

It is a beautiful game, with soothing sound affects and headphones are encouraged. The game makes you feel like you are in the cosmos and you are trying to counter the effects of gravity, black holes, etc. This is a good game If you enjoy space, physics, beauty. :)

Looks good...is it offline as well? Can you play it without internet once is downloaded?

2 hours ago, Bek said:

I find Google's free app called "keep" very useful. It is for taking written, drawn and audio notes. Plus, you can use it as a to-do, shopping and other kinds of lists. You can also set unlimited reminders and sync it with your gmail account. 

I use this all the time. I even have a packing list (with check boxes) for my upcoming trip to the IC in Utrect. 

10 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

Looks good...is it offline as well? Can you play it without internet once is downloaded?

Yes, the app Osmos is offline, no internet involved. But a warning: You can get lost in space and time, quite addicting :)

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

• SCRIVENER ($15-20) - Good Note-taking App

“The biggest software advance for writers since the word processor.” —Michael Marshall Smith, bestselling author.  Typewriter. Ring-binder. Scrapbook. Scrivener combines all the writing tools you need ...compose your text in any order, in sections as large or small as you like. Got a great idea but don’t know where it fits? Write when inspiration strikes and find its place later. Grow your manuscript organically, idea by idea..  All text sections in Scrivener are fully integrated with its outlining tools

SOME FEATURES

• Write in any order and reorganize later

• Write a synopsis for any text section and see it in the outline

• Expand, collapse and drill down into sections of your project

• Rearrange sections as index cards on the corkboard (iPad only)

• Project-wide search

• Track ideas using labels and status

• Apply custom icons to your sections

• Import research material such as image, PDF and media flies

• View research files or other sections right alongside your writing (iPad only)

• Every section has its own notes area for jotting down ideas

• Supports multi-tasking split screen mode (supported devices only)

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

2 hours ago, Arumuga Raja said:

"Stopwatch" this app was transparent timer clock. This is so helpful to give a talk. Link is here 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.jentsch.floatingstopwatch

I have been using that app for awhile and I love it.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

5 hours ago, Arumuga Raja said:

"Stopwatch" this app was transparent timer clock. This is so helpful to give a talk. Link is here 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.jentsch.floatingstopwatch

Can't find it on Apps Store (Apple)