JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

This System Is Done - Do Not Be Afraid

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1729 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 hour ago, ZDR said:

Personally, I believe you're right. In past periods of divine judgments (Sodom and Gomorrah, Red Sea, Flood, Jerusalem 70CE, etc), how many righteous people died during the destruction? Zero.

During the destruction....   

What about during the Great Tribulation leading up to the destruction?  For those escaping Jerusalem and fleeing to the mountains, how many passed away due to advanced age or incurable illness?  It's one thing to have confidence the righteous will not be destroyed by Jehovah, and quite another to be prepared that Jehovah will not give us divine protection to spare us from normal aging and disease during the Great Tribulation.

17 hours ago, Shawnster said:

What about during the Great Tribulation leading up to the destruction?  For those escaping Jerusalem and fleeing to the mountains, how many passed away due to advanced age or incurable illness?  It's one thing to have confidence the righteous will not be destroyed by Jehovah, and quite another to be prepared that Jehovah will not give us divine protection to spare us from normal aging and disease during the Great Tribulation.

Besides, what would be the point of keeping integrity if we were sure that nothing can literally happen to us?

If the enemy threatens to kill you but you have the certainty that they won't be able to hurt you in any way, what test of integrity is that?

1 hour ago, carlos said:

Besides, what would be the point of keeping integrity if we were sure that nothing can literally happen to us?

If the enemy threatens to kill you but you have the certainty that they won't be able to hurt you in any way, what test of integrity is that?

Doesn't matter either way ... we can be confident Jehovah has our back if we stay under his wings. Death/Resurrection is an instant from the viewpoint of the person who has died. 

We have conquered death before death even gets us! (IF it does). 

Our job is not crossing that demarcation line Jehovah has set ... like Korah Dathan and Abiram ... we have to move away from the tents of wicked men who are working hard to subvert our faith.  Don't those Dramas replay in your mind over and over again? Jehovah has certainly prepared our hearts. 

Just thinking ... at work ... when we do an inscription on a headstone ... there's a saying ... it's not the beginning or end date that's important, its the dash between those dates that are important, it's what we do with that dash ... that we are remembered for. This is more profound in this time of the dash - what is our dash telling Jehovah? - I so want him to be pleased with my efforts ... as does everyone ... thank you all for being such amazing examples of faith for someone like me to follow.

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

We don't know what will happen. Jehovah will protect his people as a group, as he does now. But the Bible doesn't promise he will protect every one of us individually from any harm. Maybe he will do, but we don't know. 

But even in the case that some of us die, as it happens in this system, we know it will only be a short sleep until the new world. In the end, we have nothing to lose. As long as we trust in Jehovah and keep our loyalty, we have nothing to lose.
How annoying to get that far and miss out on being able to actually witness it all happen!! I want to see it!

Sent from my WAS-LX2 using Tapatalk

On 8/7/2019 at 4:39 AM, carlos said:

A very funny one I imagine! Kind of like trying to test the integrity of a Warner Brothers Cartoon.