JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

This System Is Done - Do Not Be Afraid

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1729 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Dear Brother Maciej,

Thank you for taking the time to expand on your post.

Yes a lot of what we say is subjective ... warm to you might be freezing to me or vice versa.

But because we are all bible students, as you stated, when we say 'This System is Done' we are all on the same page - it's not about perception.  It's done. Religion fell decades ago - it's done ... it just has to be devastated in future events.   And because of BBTG being 'done' or really over done to the point she is black and crispy on the edges ... that means the Commercial System is done - because they rely on her for a large majority of their income. Even though the out workings of this is yet to be fully accomplished - their situation is that of quite literally sitting on the BBQ getting all dried out.

Might I say, that I didn't start this thread, so I didn't read your post through emotions. I save my emotions for wayward Moderators who are green.

You see my dear brother ... Hebrews 11:1, In my opinion is one the most poignant scriptures that deserves not only critical but also positive thinking.

Our Faith ... here and now, is based on promises in the future based on knowledge of past promises coming true.  So much so, they are REALITIES now.

We can directly link Hebrews 11:1 with this System being 'Done' - because our Faith knows it's in it's dying throes.

That all being said, you are entitled my Brother, to use your own reasoning and come up with your own conclusions - but that doesn't mean that of others are wrong.

Lovely to meet you btw ... not sure I've interacted with you before. 

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

I believe some people think more literally than others. I see it happen here on the forum. It also depends where we are spiritually and how impulsive we individually are.  As Jehovah's people we know what's coming up in the near future so semantics shouldn't be a problem, although to a literal person it might be. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

7 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

I believe some people think more literally than others. I see it happen here on the forum. It also depends where we are spiritually and how impulsive we individually are.  As Jehovah's people we know what's coming up in the near future so semantics shouldn't be a problem, although to a literal person it might be. 

Yes, Cheryl. We think differently and you are right about that. I try to make people aware of that. The higher position you have in the organisation the more weight is in your words. I personally don't think literally by any means and can understand intentions but I have been dealing with many people who cannot understand the logic. For example, we should avoid using "weak" words or words similar to "apparently", "possibly" because there are people who don't understand them and they just interpret everything as 0-1.

I wish logic was not removed from schools.

7 hours ago, Stormswift said:

Dear Brother Maciej,

Thank you for taking the time to expand on your post.

Yes a lot of what we say is subjective ... warm to you might be freezing to me or vice versa.

But because we are all bible students, as you stated, when we say 'This System is Done' we are all on the same page - it's not about perception.  It's done. Religion fell decades ago - it's done ... it just has to be devastated in future events.   And because of BBTG being 'done' or really over done to the point she is black and crispy on the edges ... that means the Commercial System is done - because they rely on her for a large majority of their income. Even though the out workings of this is yet to be fully accomplished - their situation is that of quite literally sitting on the BBQ getting all dried out.

Might I say, that I didn't start this thread, so I didn't read your post through emotions. I save my emotions for wayward Moderators who are green.

You see my dear brother ... Hebrews 11:1, In my opinion is one the most poignant scriptures that deserves not only critical but also positive thinking.

Our Faith ... here and now, is based on promises in the future based on knowledge of past promises coming true.  So much so, they are REALITIES now.

We can directly link Hebrews 11:1 with this System being 'Done' - because our Faith knows it's in it's dying throes.

That all being said, you are entitled my Brother, to use your own reasoning and come up with your own conclusions - but that doesn't mean that of others are wrong.

Lovely to meet you btw ... not sure I've interacted with you before. 

Hi Mandi,

I never said you are wrong. I think you are right. What I pointed out is that when someone who has a position says something they should not engage emotions and combine them with words that are subject to interpretation because you then don't have any influence on how people understand them. I am a perfect example. I did not say anything wrong but some brothers read my post with the heart first and they think I am a sort of spiritually weak person, etc. It is rather contrary.

A simple question - what is the purpose of this topic, especially the first post? 

The intention of this thread is probably the same as a million others like it ... we all feel we are on the precipice of change ... and it IS exciting ... and you ARE right, emotions can cloud common sense sometimes (not saying it has in this thread). I only arrived back here a few days ago so haven't caught up with 'ambience' of this thread as I normally would. Be assured though Brother, you being spiritually weak has not even crossed my mind - we are on an international site - it's normal for people to read things in a different way ... but often the underlying meaning is the same.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

On 7/12/2019 at 3:10 AM, LuvDogz said:

There will be some of us that will die during the GT and I am very unwell and sometimes worry about getting my medication. But, worrying and being afraid of things that could happen, that most likely will not happen, would not being showing faith. We must view it as our deliverance is near no matter what trials we might go through. 

I think it was on JW Broadcast when a Brother quoted Mark Twain, "I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened." So, we shouldn't needlessly worry and know that Jehovah will be there to help us.

True.. Just recently, Jehovah the God of all comfort, comforted me by means of His congregation. 

13 hours ago, Stormswift said:

This is something that we all should be aware off, when presenting our views on this wonderful international forum :givehug:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

3 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

Right . Obviously the system is not literally done.

Consider this:

Employee is sick of his job, approaches his boss - saying I am done, I quit... but the contract requires him to stay at least another 7 days, before he actually does not have to show up to work.

Being "done" illustrates definite action is some cases pending for  a while ...but it's irreversible...it's sealed ...same with this system.

Does this make sense ...? scratching my head LOL :shutup:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

5 hours ago, tarcamion said:

higher position you have in the organisation the more weight is in your words

5 hours ago, tarcamion said:

What I pointed out is that when someone who has a position says something they should not engage emotions and combine them with words that are subject to interpretation

Jesus, the highest authority on the Earth, spoke in hyperbole and metaphor. Luke 10:18 At that he said to them: “I see Satan already fallen like lightning from heaven."

We can follow Jesus example. 

Let's also remember that brother who is in a position of authority was speaking to a room full of elders. Mature men in the Congregation. He was not giving a public talk, he was not speaking to a group people in general, and he definitely was not thinking his words were going to be dissected on social media.  We shouldnt hold this brother to some self imposed higher standard. 

No, we can only hold ourselves to the higher standard.  We need to be better than the world on social media. We need to not hold our brothers under such a microscope that we look for clues and hints in every word said so as to miss the point.  We need to stop acting like (even if we deny we act like) there is a direct line like some red alert phone from Jesus in heaven to those taking the lead on Earth.  As has been said in talks and broadcasts, there is no hole in the ceiling at Warwick.  In other words, every decision made, every direction given, and every word uttered us not a direct quote from Jesus lips to the FDS ears. 

7 hours ago, tarcamion said:

Hi Mandi,

I never said you are wrong. I think you are right. What I pointed out is that when someone who has a position says something they should not engage emotions and combine them with words that are subject to interpretation because you then don't have any influence on how people understand them. I am a perfect example. I did not say anything wrong but some brothers read my post with the heart first and they think I am a sort of spiritually weak person, etc. It is rather contrary.

A simple question - what is the purpose of this topic, especially the first post? 

Jehovah is a God of comfort, a God of love and he created our emotions. Its logical that we use emotions when we communicate. Jehovah also reminds us to use our hearts and appeal to someone's heart. Emotions are part of our makeup and we cant and shouldn't ignore them.

What is the point of this topic? 

It's a verbal hug of encouragement that we will all survive the current stress of this system if we stick together and rely on Jehovah. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I tend to dislike too the comments that appeal to emotions only and not to logic. 

But this topic had a very specific goal. Its point is not how close or how far the end is, but rather that we should not be afraid of whatever is to come. IMO that a really useful approach.

3 hours ago, carlos said:

I tend to dislike too the comments that appeal to emotions only and not to logic. 

There has to be a balance between the two. I tend to dislike comments that are cold and logical without warmth and love.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 3 weeks later...

An interesting thought that a trustworthy brother brought to my attention one day - His understanding was that once we made it into the Great tribulation it wasn't about survival, it was about being faithful and maintaining our integrity. That if we did so, Jehovah would protect us and we would walk into the new system. Is it possible that once we make it into the GT, if we stay faithful, Jehovah will protect us like he did with the Israelites when they crossed the red sea?

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

Yes that is my take on information as well Sister Natasha, but it's conditional protection ... as long as we remain Loyal, courageous and show intense love to our brothers and sisters which is the whole point of the last series of Conventions.

Edited by Stormswift

Natasha mentioned the protection that the Israelites had when they crossed the Red Sea. We were discussing at our mid-week meeting that many of us take medications that are necessary for us to live. We must rely on Jehovah to either provide the meds, or keep us going without them. And then, the other alternative is the resurrection if we should die. Either way, Jehovah knows how to protect his people. We don't need to fret about suppositions. In fact needless worry distracts us from concentrating on the things we can control. Our WT this week surely encouraged, no ordered, us to study more effectively so we can serve Jehovah more fully. It also stressed how the Faithful Slave has condensed our material that we need to take in. There was even mention to be selective about how much we concentrate on. Not all of us are capable of taking everything in. The comment was made that we need to study deeper, knowing that we can't do it all.

On 8/4/2019 at 4:15 PM, cricket246 said:

That if we did so, Jehovah would protect us and we would walk into the new system. Is it possible that once we make it into the GT, if we stay faithful, Jehovah will protect us like he did with the Israelites when they crossed the red sea?

Personally, I believe you're right. In past periods of divine judgments (Sodom and Gomorrah, Red Sea, Flood, Jerusalem 70CE, etc), how many righteous people died during the destruction? Zero.

However, the prophecies in Revelation regarding the GT do not specifically say that ALL individual Christians will be spared, only as a group. Jehovah's people as a group will be shielded from destruction, but does that mean individuals might fall? We'll have to wait and see. Historically, the answer is no but part of being faithful and discreet is not jumping ahead of what's written, right? 😁