JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

This System Is Done - Do Not Be Afraid

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1729 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

12 minutes ago, Nirex said:

So it's over as in right now or as in over soon/coming?

It's very soon. We could be in the throws of the GT in months, a year or two. Of course, we cannot give dates but, its basically on top of us. We don't have to be afraid of the GT, it is Jehovah who brings it through the UN turning on religion worldwide. Jehovah will care for us throughout it and we will receive a resurrection if Gog and Magog end our life, illness, or unforeseen circumstance.

25 minutes ago, Nirex said:

So it's over as in right now or as in over soon/coming?

Regina, you might like to read this article again. 

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2015523

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

5 minutes ago, Nirex said:

I was just confused since the term over or done usually denotes something just ended. Unless used sarcastically or as a figure of speech.

It can be used as a figure of speech to denote that something is failing without a chance to recover or the end is in progress though not completed. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Just now, LuvDogz said:

The writing is on the wall.

That is another bible based expression that means the outcome has been predetermined. 

Not even the GB will know when the final sealing is. They will only know that the final sealing occurred because the GT has started.

Amid these dire circumstances, John received an exciting prophetic vision. In it, angels are told to hold back the destructive winds of the great tribulation until the final sealing of a group of slaves. (Rev. 7:1-3) That group is made up of 144,000 who will rule with Jesus in heaven. (Luke 12:32; Rev. 7:4) WT (Study) 2019 9/19 Pg. 26 Par. 2

In the case of the final sealing, the FDS would only know that it has happened due to the start of the GT.

Edited by LuvDogz

24 minutes ago, carlos said:

If the Slave had such an announcement to make, be sure you wouldn't hear it from an internet forum. You would hear it from your elders at the meeting.

That's true. It wouldn't be through me typing away here about something my aunt said her son said that the CO said at Elder School.

I was just conveying how they are readying us for a system that is virtually over and we should not be in fear of the GT and what might happen to us. Some of the friends do have some fears because we have never heard the FDS readying us as they have the last few years and the KotN has been named. (That was a big one.)

7 hours ago, Nirex said:

I was just confused since the term over or done usually denotes something just ended. Unless used sarcastically or as a figure of speech.

You might be interested in this. ^_^

Jude 14, 15. The seventh one in line from Adam, Eʹnoch, also prophesied about them when he said: “Look! Jehovah came with his holy myriads to execute judgment against all, and to convict all the ungodly concerning all their ungodly deeds that they did in an ungodly way, and concerning all the shocking things that ungodly sinners spoke against him.”

No. 1 2017 pp. 11-12

Enoch spoke in the past tense, as if God had already done what the prophecy describes. That is a pattern that many prophecies thereafter followed. The idea is this: The prophet is speaking of something that is so certain to occur that it may be described as if it has already happened!—Isaiah 46:10.

We need to be balanced. No doubt the end of this system of things could be minutes, hours or months away. We really should not be overly focused on this.

If we just focus on our own spirituality and our relationship with Jehovah, it will all come in due time.

Don't get me wrong, I am in anticipation with this as anyone else. I remind myself though, that it will happen in Jehovah's due time. If we watch the pot of water boil, it seems like it is forever. If we go about our spiritual responsibilities it will be here before we know it and we can be proud of what we have been doing in the mean time.

Not trying to be a joy killer, and I hope I am not. Let's just all keep a spiritual prospective on this.

The article that Turtle Richard referred to is excellent. https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2015523 Read it again, if you haven't already... I remember studying this article, it is even more exciting now than it was 4 years ago.

We live in awesomely exciting times, we long for Jehovah's name to be sanctified. Just balance is necessary. And trust me, patience is not my strong suit.

COME ON NEW SYSTEM!!! (tu)

14 minutes ago, Gary910 said:

If we just focus on our own spirituality and our relationship with Jehovah, it will all come in due time.

To illustrate:

If you tell a doctor that you have anxiety, pain and fatigue, you might be surprised if the doctor tells you to eat healthy, get plenty of rest and exercise. You may wonder how that advice will help your anxiety, pain and fatigue. However you follow the doctors advice and one day you feel better and realize the doctor understood more about how your body works than you did.

Jehovah tells us what to do to prepare for the GThttps://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/202018289 All we have to do is follow directions.

10 hours ago, LuvDogz said:

When my cousin was at Elder School last week, they reinforced the message that this system is over, and we should not be afraid.

I know this has been made clear, but it's upbuilding to hear it again.

we'll in 2015 during my pioneer service school, our CO said that things can change overnight.. 

This system should be over.. Im a history enthusiast and a news junkie.. Im so burden with satan's system.... (my fault) 

There are many changes.... (focus of our ministry is the rightly disposed ones )  Anyway, Carlos is right... you should hear the message from elders and CO.. 

But thanks for the info.. I hope we will hear that message from our CO in September. 

What I have noticed is the illustrations of Armageddon, the ones who are pictured show no fear, just thankfulness. No fear. Happiness. 

I just feel if we move along, keep close to Jehovah, his organization, and his people, we will be okay. Period. This way or that way. Fear mobilizes us. We do not want to be, mobilized, but, moving along with Jehovah’s organization. 

We will be happier then we could have imagined. To see Jehovah’s  name vindicated, and ones going through terrible time rescued. And, in a classy way I think. It is Jehovah, Jesus, the 144,000, and, even angels involved. What could go wrong? 

As to when. Patience is a fruitage of the spirit, and, our spirituality depends on the extent that we have developed the fruitages of the spirit.  So, patience, friends, patience. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

16 hours ago, Nirex said:

In sports such a term or a similar phrase of speech is used when one team is so far ahead of the other that there is no way the other team can recover before the end of the game.

Colloquially we use the phrase "stick a fork in him, he's done" whenever someone has messed up so badly (or gotten so far behind) that they won't be able to recover.  

Other phrases include "It's all over but the crying."  

So, like Richard said, the phrase is a figure of speech or metaphoric.   The literal end of the system is not going to be announced at any meeting, especially at an elder's school.  Not literally.  Such an event will be too swift, too sudden.  

As everyone has said, it's a metaphor used to encourage all of us how close to the literal end we are.  The decision has been made.  The ark is being loaded.  We could almost even say it's starting to rain.

15 hours ago, scholar JW said:

According to one CO it is only minutes away!

scholar JW emeritus

Right, this is another metaphor.  Because you literally said that 15 hours ago and the CO probably said that days or months earlier.  Minutes.  I've also heard final seconds.  Obviously those weren't literal.

15 hours ago, Nirex said:

If they're using terms like that though, does that mean they've probably received the final sealing?

There may have been no anointed ones at that elders's school.  Most of the CO's and elders today are of the Other Sheep.  

Edited by Shawnster

In times past we have used the comparison of Jehovah's time of 1000 years equaling a day.  Then somebody starts calculating downward until you get to the part where someone says that a minute in God's time is almost a year in our time keeping.  So then the expression "minutes" becomes "years" in reality.  And yes, a year is really the "last part of the last part" of a 1000 year day.  It is sometimes an expression that can be missed, misapplied or misunderstood when used as an illustration from the platform in a talk.