JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

This System Is Done - Do Not Be Afraid

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1729 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

10 hours ago, JennyM said:

we'll in 2015 during my pioneer service school, our CO said that things can change overnight.. 

This system should be over.. Im a history enthusiast and a news junkie.. Im so burden with satan's system.... (my fault) 

There are many changes.... (focus of our ministry is the rightly disposed ones )  Anyway, Carlos is right... you should hear the message from elders and CO.. 

But thanks for the info.. I hope we will hear that message from our CO in September. 

I stopped watching the news ( reduced by about 90%) and I’ve found it helps with the state of low grade irritation I suffer .  Anxiety generally reduced.  

6 minutes ago, LuvDogz said:

Same here.

It’s about 90% rubbish anyway. Anything truly significant still finds it way to me one way or another.  I feel sorry for people who continue to poison themselves with a load of propoganda and think that it isn’t affecting their minds. 

The FDS has never prepared us for the GT as they have now. At conventions, the annual meeting, on JW Broadcasting, and articles. There is a big effort in informing us of the GT prophecies and to not be in fear. It's close.

I don't think Jehovah and Jesus would be preparing us through the FDS if it were not real close. Is it months or years close? Who can say? But, I don't think we would be getting the information on it like we are, over and over, if it is a decade away. No. No sense in that. If this system goes on more than five years, I will be surprised.

3 minutes ago, BenJepthah said:

I feel sorry for people who continue to poison themselves with a load of propoganda and think that it isn’t affecting their minds. 

Remember when the news was, news. I like staying informed but, covering a Tweet all day long or having groups of commentators rehash the same thing over and over from AM to late PM is exasperating. Don't really watch but would have the news on while doing other things. Now I put on JW Broadcasting or listen to one of our books which of course, is very upbuilding.

10 minutes ago, LuvDogz said:

No sense in that.

I agree with you, however we need to remember that it would be odd if the GB only talked about Love, or only talked about Preaching. Eventually they needed to discuss the GT.

They announced several years ago there would be a 3 year theme for the Regional Conventions, now there will be several years of articles and parts drawn from those conventions. 

If this system goes on another few years we may see a 3 year convention theme on a different subject and several years of articles and parts about that subject. 

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Question:  I read somewhere that we would be protected through the GT since Jehovah is bringing it.  So, we are going to be killed also? I mean Gog of Magog will attack Jehovah's people but, will he allow them to also kill us?  I read we would be protected.  Explain.

LuvDogz, question, if Jehovah is going to take care of us through the GT how then are we not supposed to be afraid?  Some of us will die like you said, or, there are those that are infirmed will Jehovah not see to it that they will be taken care of?  Will the God of Justice not do what is right?

These are truly exciting times.  We will enjoy sharing with Noah, Daniel and David what Satan's system was like at the end.  HOWEVER, we don't want to think of the GT or even Armageddon as the end of a race...a goal.  Our goal should be to participate personally in the vindication of Jehovah's name to the greatest extent possible (our survival is irrelevant in the grand scheme) and then to remain loyal through the final test.  I'm afraid those who concentrate too hard on living through armageddon may be taken off guard within the next 1,000 years.  I may breathe easier after "A", but I won't relax my guard for a long time.

I totally agree with you.  Our aim should always be the vindication and glorification of Jehovah's name.  To the end, his son came and taught us the same.  But, our salvation is also part of HIs Vindication.   He does not minimize our wanting to live.  He has put "eternity" in the heart of man.  It would only be natural to want, to desire to live.  No one can worship in the grave.  Therefore, i questioned it.  I am fearful of not being able to worship my God Jehovah.  So, I spoke that way.

3 hours ago, cme said:

Some of us will die like you said, or, there are those that are infirmed will Jehovah not see to it that they will be taken care of?

There will be some of us that will die during the GT and I am very unwell and sometimes worry about getting my medication. But, worrying and being afraid of things that could happen, that most likely will not happen, would not being showing faith. We must view it as our deliverance is near no matter what trials we might go through. 

I think it was on JW Broadcast when a Brother quoted Mark Twain, "I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened." So, we shouldn't needlessly worry and know that Jehovah will be there to help us.

Proper Attitude Toward Persecution.

Christians also appreciate the prize awaiting those who endure. Concerning this reward, Jesus declared: “Happy are those who have been persecuted for righteousness’ sake, since the kingdom of the heavens belongs to them.” (Mt 5:10) Knowledge of the resurrection hope coupled with knowledge of the One who is the Source of that provision strengthens them. It fortifies them to be loyal to God even if threatened by death at the hands of violent persecutors. As a result of their faith in what Jesus’ death accomplished, they have been emancipated from the fear of such a violent death. (Heb 2:14, 15) The Christian’s mental attitude is important if he is to maintain faithfulness under the pressure of opposition. “Keep this mental attitude in you that was also in Christ Jesus, who . . . became obedient as far as death, yes, death on a torture stake.” (Php 2:5-8) “For the joy that was set before [Jesus] he endured a torture stake, despising shame.”—Heb 12:2; see also 2Co 12:10; 2Th 1:4; 1Pe 2:21-23.

The Christian’s attitude toward the persecutors themselves is also an important factor. Loving one’s enemies and blessing those opposed enables a person to endure. (Mt 5:44; Ro 12:14; 1Co 4:12, 13) This too the Christian knows: Anyone forsaking home and relatives for the sake of the Kingdom of heaven is promised a hundredfold more, but “with persecutions” also. (Mr 10:29, 30) It is true that not everyone who hears the good news of the Kingdom will endure the heat of persecution, and some may attempt to sidestep the issues to avoid trouble. (Mt 13:21; Ga 6:12) But it is better to rely on Jehovah’s strength, praying as David did for deliverance from the persecutors, knowing he will not leave his servants in the lurch. Then one will be able to say with the apostle: “We are coming off completely victorious through him that loved us.”—Ps 7:1; 2Co 4:9, 10; Ro 8:35-37. Persecution it-2 pp. 608-611Heading: Proper Attitude Toward Persecution

“I Will Zealously Defend My Holy Name” —Pure Worship Survives Attack

Pure Worship of Jehovah, Restored At Last (Also known as the Ezekial Book)

Jehovah as a people will survive the GT, but some may lose our lives or undergo intense persecution.

What Is the Great Tribulation: The Bible's answer

Online "Bible Teachings"

God will protect his worshippers from destruction. As a group, Jehovah's worshippers will always be on Earth.

Stay Faithful Through The "Great Tribulation"

WT Oct 2019

On 7/11/2019 at 4:27 PM, cme said:

Question:  I read somewhere that we would be protected through the GT since Jehovah is bringing it.  So, we are going to be killed also? I mean Gog of Magog will attack Jehovah's people but, will he allow them to also kill us?  I read we would be protected.  Explain.

We don't know what will happen. Jehovah will protect his people as a group, as he does now. But the Bible doesn't promise he will protect every one of us individually from any harm. Maybe he will do, but we don't know. 

But even in the case that some of us die, as it happens in this system, we know it will only be a short sleep until the new world. In the end, we have nothing to lose. As long as we trust in Jehovah and keep our loyalty, we have nothing to lose.

I reviewed the 2018 annual meeting and Bro. Morris said that the GT will start with the cry of Peace and Security, at some point Babylon will be destroyed, there will be a time of relative peace so the annointed will be going to heaven  but, when the nations make a coalition and come against Jehovah's people then towards the end of the GT Jehovah will intervene and defend His people.  The annointed will have had their sealing before the GT but, in the first phase they will all go to heaven to partake in the Great War of Jehovah.  The attack of Gog of Magog will be towards the end of the GT.

We will all experience the GT but, still preaching.  Its towards the end of the GT that Gog of Magog will take note that we are still here as a religion.  They will attempt to attack but, Jehovah and the 144,000 will intervene.

I guess that due to the severity of the GT some of us will not be able to handle it.  Ex:, aged, infirmed etc. and will die in the process of the GT.

1 hour ago, cme said:

We will all experience the GT but, still preaching.  Its towards the end of the GT that Gog of Magog will take note that we are still here as a religion.  They will attempt to attack but, Jehovah and the 144,000 will intervene.

I guess that due to the severity of the GT some of us will not be able to handle it.  Ex:, aged, infirmed etc. and will die in the process of the GT.

Even without the severity, there is still life in this system.  Illness, old age.  Unless Jehovah steps in and protects these people in a way that he does not now, time and unforseen occurrences will still happen even during the GT.  

5 hours ago, Shawnster said:

Even without the severity, there is still life in this system.  Illness, old age.  Unless Jehovah steps in and protects these people in a way that he does not now, time and unforseen occurrences will still happen even during the GT.  

Big word that 'unless' ... exciting times ahead.  It's like someone misspelled Uncle Les.

images.jpeg.jpg

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

7 hours ago, cme said:

I reviewed the 2018 annual meeting and Bro. Morris said that the GT will start with the cry of peace and security, at some point Babylon will be destroyed, there will be a time of relative peace so the annointed will be going to heaven  but, when the nations make a coalition and come against Jehovah's people then towards the end of the GT Jehovah will intervene and defend His people.  The annointed will have had their sealing before the GT but, in the first phase they will all go to heaven to partake in the Great War of Jehovah.  The attack of Gog of Magog will be towards the end of the GT.

Actually, the cry of peace and security signals that Jehovah’s day is about to begin. The GT or Jehovah’s day will start with the destruction of false religion :)

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

What does it actually mean that "the system is over"? It does not convey any new information, does not have any meaning but only plays on peoples' emotions. It is just talking for the sake of talking. I can say that about a person: this person is dead (because eventually will die).

Someone said - we don't know who said that, in what context, was it official or someone's personal opinion. I don't like when information is subject to interpretation, in fact, it is a form of manipulation.

I respectfully disagree, it's quite a profound statement ... many phrases we use when we break them down don't actually marry with what we would term correct English, but together they do mean something.

To me the words: "The System is Done" is quite different to "The System is Over" -

It's kind of like saying the Steak is done, but they keep cooking it - this system has been 'done' for a while now it's getting burnt.

Is it over? Nope - not until Jehovah says it is over.

I like your analogy about death too, because we use the opposite reason - A person is dead, but they aren't done ... they are still alive as far as our God is concerned.

Aren't words interesting?

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

1 minute ago, Stormswift said:

I respectfully disagree, it's quite a profound statement ... many phrases we use when we break them down don't actually marry with what we would term correct English, but together they do mean something.

To me the words: "The System is Done" is quite different to "The System is Over" -

It's kind of like saying the Steak is done, but they keep cooking it - this system has been 'done' for a while now it's getting burnt.

Is it over? Nope - not until Jehovah says it is over.

I agree with you and your explanation and I am sorry for my mistake about the word "done". I don't have any doubts there is no hope for this world and it is on a steep slope now. But the word "Done" denotes a finished aspect. So if someone says that I would naturally ask why they think so or on what grounds.

Let me explain why I think that we should you precise expressions. Jesus's teachings were precise. Jesus never played on peoples' emotions but was giving precise information. We should strive to imitate that attitude. Any information that is subject to interpretation actually dilutes the Bible. It does not matter who says what - a CO, an elder or even a member of GB may have things wrong. The Bible is more important than anything else printed by us. I like when people take responsibility for their words. If they say general statements it is not taking responsibility.

I can say that today is warm. It is a true statement for some but others may say it is false, depending on where they live and how they perceive the temperature. So for example, here in Scotland, you would say that 18*C is warm, while in Italy they would rather say it is cold. Satan used that method to deceive Eve. He said: God knows that in the very day you eat from it, your eyes will be opened and you will be like God, knowing good and bad. Technically he was right. But a short question "WHY" would explain a lot and could have saved their lives.

Please, do not read my posts through emotions. I am trying to show you the importance of critical thinking. This is the right way to study the Bible - ask questions, check - be "more noble".

So if someone makes a statement they should be ready to support it with further information.

Here is an example: A few years back a brother said at the convention that that this could be possibly our last convention. After the programme, I heard from many brothers that we will not meet again as this is our last convention. This is how people hear. They listen selectively and hence we need to be precise, especially when making such important statements.