JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What is jw2021.org ?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1744 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

In the past, we've used jw2016.org up through jw2019.org, but now we have https://www.jwevent.org/ which (from my understanding) is the new official place for conventions (can someone confirm?)

Just for fun, I tried accessing jw2020.org and jw2021.org and to my surprise, someone has purchased the 2021 domain, but I have no idea if it was us (the organization).  There is a countdown on this website that seems to be counting down to January 1st, just six months away. But why?  I even emailed bethel and the brother who wrote me back wasn't sure if it is or not.

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

I even emailed bethel and the brother who wrote me back wasn't sure if it is or not.

No man knows the day or hour...:whistling:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 hours ago, Brandon said:

There is a countdown on this website that seems to be counting down to January 1st, just six months away. But why? 

Finally someone from heaven slipped the date of Armageddon LOL :lol1:....:blues-bros

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

11 minutes ago, Nirex said:

Well I’ll warn you now don't google that domain. Just made that mistake. All results are apostate forums. 

Then I'll speculate that someone noticed that the brothers were using a new site for each year and they bought the rights to the site before the brothers did. However, the brothers aren't using a dated site anymore.  Is that correct?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

16 hours ago, Jonathan77 said:

Why do they waste their time and money.

Better for them to waste their time and money on things like this, than directly resisting us.

Hey, more money to the domain registrar. They can waste all of the money they want, if you ask me. Just don't oppose us.

On 7/13/2019 at 4:38 AM, Brandon said:

In the past, we've used jw2016.org up through jw2019.org, but now we have https://www.jwevent.org/ which (from my understanding) is the new official place for conventions (can someone confirm?)

Just for fun, I tried accessing jw2020.org and jw2021.org and to my surprise, someone has purchased the 2021 domain, but I have no idea if it was us (the organization).  There is a countdown on this website that seems to be counting down to January 1st, just six months away. But why?  I even emailed bethel and the brother who wrote me back wasn't sure if it is or not.

The graphics used for counting in that website seems to be cool..😃

“Just as you want men to do to you, do the same way to them.”

:backflip: Luke 6:31:backflip:                                               

On the Jw2021 domain issue, I was thinking apostate and/or someone thought it would be a great cash grab opportunity: they scoop up the domain in hopes the Society will pay them $ for the rights.  Whatever the situation I am sure the Brothers have things well looked after, if the system is still chugging along at that time.

On 7/12/2019 at 11:29 PM, Nirex said:

Well I’ll warn you now don't google that domain. Just made that mistake. All results are apostate forums. 

🤮

On 7/13/2019 at 3:19 AM, Jonathan77 said:

Sad, sad, sad people.  (apostates that is)

A countdown to 1 Jan 2020 on a website for 2021.  They can't even get that right!  Why do they waste their time and money.

Their own deeds accuse them. They get no rest day or night. It really couldn’t be sadder.

1 hour ago, Cheeks said:

On the Jw2021 domain issue, I was thinking apostate and/or someone thought it would be a great cash grab opportunity: they scoop up the domain in hopes the Society will pay them $ for the rights.  Whatever the situation I am sure the Brothers have things well looked after, if the system is still chugging along at that time.

I thought the same thing. They saw a pattern of us using sites in that format, grabbed one we hadn't purchased yet, and hope that when the time comes we will pay a hefty ransom.