JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

El Paso, TX and Dayton, OH Mass Shootings (combined)

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1563 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

7 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

"Why did this need to be posted on a JW forum? " ^    I thought the topic was on "mass shootings/killings" this stood out to me because of the fact it's not only a "mass killing" but is also religiously connected! I did state warning gruesome! so as a moderator you could have deleted it no? sorry if it was inappropriate

•  

We could have hidden your post but as moderators we endeavor to moderate without censoring,  so I was interested in why you felt that news was important to your brothers and sisters. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Why is any of this news important starting from the topic " Mass Shootings (combined)? Mass shootings,killings, stabbings, doesn't it all just enforce the fact that these things are occurring at an alarming rate? Just google "mass killings" in the JW library app, one example below.

• “Like a Roaring Lion” (‎2 occurrences)
    • And what about the vicious crimes headlined in our newspapers—the massmurders, the rapes, the serial killings, the sexual abuse of children, to name just a few?

• w92 12/1 p. 32 - The Watchtower—1992

And the list goes on

"At least two Honolulu police officers killed in shooting, report says"

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/19/us/active-shooter-honolulu-hawaii/index.html

NOTE: This will be my very last post on this subject because as most know, that it is an everyday occurrence happening all over this corrupt world !