JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

El Paso, TX and Dayton, OH Mass Shootings (combined)

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1563 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

It is sad that so many have died and been wounded in these mass attacks.

However, before we get too carried away blaming the US position on guns, let's look at the reality ...

• The US has had several mass shootings
  • Some advocate banning guns
  • Are guns the problem?
  • IED's are widely used in some countries
  • IED's ARE illegal
  • Car bombs have killed masses of people
  • Cars have been driven into masses of people to kill them
  • Should car ownership be illegal?

Let's put the blame where it belongs ... Satan is the god of this system - he loves violence. Until this system is gone, man will find a way to kill his fellow man. 

The first time man killed man there were no guns involved - maybe not any weapons 

Gen 4:8 "After that Cain said to his brother Abel: 'Let us go over into the field.' So while they were in the field, Cain assaulted his brother Abel and killed him."

While changing the US gun ownership laws may seem like it would fix the mass killings in the US - it wouldn't, any more that it has done in the places where car bombs, IED's, people driving vehicles into crowded groups of people, other weapons like machetes have been used to kill mass numbers of people.

Before this, or any other thread, gets siderailed into an anti-gun discussion - let's remember:

The ONLY solution to the problem of mass killings is The Kingdom - let's not lose sight of that please!

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

The right to bear arms is more precious to Americans than the right to life, liberty, and pursuing happiness. 

Somehow, even though easy access to guns can greatly destroy that second right, there is no powerful support to restrict access to them.  Because somehow, guns are directly related to our freedom and death- to innocents, children, little ones... anytime... is preferable to giving up "freedom".  It is grotesque.  😔

• El Paso, Texas
• Dayton, Ohio
• Southaven, Mississippi
• Gilroy, California
All four were the scenes of shootings in the last week -- events that together left at least 34 people dead and more than 50 wounded.

No politics here.. just answering why it's such a problem in the States. It's baked into our country's culture.

Edited by Hope

Friends, please remember that discussions about gun control can become very emotional and divisive. Please remember that we are part of a world wide organization and we should always show love and harmony to each other. Satan is behind all of these attacks, so please refrain from any political based discussions about gun control.

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Friends, please remember that discussions about gun control can become very emotional and divisive. Please remember that we are part of a world wide organization and we should always show love and harmony to each other. Satan is behind all of these attacks, so please refrain from any political based discussions about gun control.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

15 minutes ago, Qapla said:

Before this, or any other thread, gets siderailed into an anti-gun discussion - let's remember:

The ONLY solution to the problem of mass killings is The Kingdom - let's not lose sight of that please!

And other problems such as sickness ,pollution and other means. 

I remember there being some members from Ohio on JWTalk, hope our brothers and sisters are okay 😢

Found it difficult to believe when my wife told me the news about a second shooting after the El Paso one.

To this David said: “What have I done now? I was only asking a question!”

– 1 Samuel 17:29

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

I think we are entitled to have an opinion about guns, without bringing political discussion about it. 

Well, Jehovah has “opinion” and is telling us to abstain from guns and violence. 

As always we see nations not listening to Jehovah, and in fact they are reaping results of it. 

But thanks for the reminder... we see a lot of badness around us, and still need to stay neutral. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Some witnesses use weapons to hunt for food...

unfortunately, i always thought that should have been guns/knives main purpose. Hunting or protection from wild animals..sadly however, in the world, it seems men have turned to hunting humans so to speak... 😔

i have also noticed a rise in younger people carrying out these acts. It makes me wonder if some of it is medication or drugs mixed with dangerous emotions...

its a scary world we live in folks and until Jehovah steps in and cleanses things, its only gonna get more shocking...

Edited by cricket246

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

4 hours ago, Hope said:

The right to bear arms is more precious to Americans than the right to life, liberty, and pursuing happiness. 

Somehow, even though easy access to guns can greatly destroy that second right, there is no powerful support to restrict access to them.  Because somehow, guns are directly related to our freedom and death- to innocents, children, little ones... anytime... is preferable to giving up "freedom".  It is grotesque.  😔

• El Paso, Texas
• Dayton, Ohio
• Southaven, Mississippi
• Gilroy, California
All four were the scenes of shootings in the last week -- events that together left at least 34 people dead and more than 50 wounded.

No politics here.. just answering why it's such a problem in the States. It's baked into our country's culture.

You forgot a few. 

21 minutes ago, BenJepthah said:

Capital of Satan’s world??maybe that’s a thought best left at the wayside.

The facts speak otherwise. I hope my statement has not hurt you. We should not let patriotic feelings get the in way. I have noticed some brothers on here appeared to feel strongly about their country, which was very surprising to me at first. 

Edited by Hun

18 hours ago, Qapla said:

My daughters are in several Walmarts almost daily ... they vend products sold in Walmart.

I hope all the JW's are safe also ... things like this are terrible to hear about - and worse that they even happen.

As a side thought - isn't it interesting that there was NO mention of whatever religion, if any, the shooter had ... had he been a JW or a former JW - you can be sure that would have been included in the headlines.

It seems to me that in nearly every case like this the shooter is non religious ( which says something in itself). 

1 hour ago, cricket246 said:

Some witnesses use weapons to hunt for food...

unfortunately, i always thought that should have been guns/knives main purpose. Hunting or protection from wild animals..sadly however, in the world, it seems men have turned to hunting humans so to speak... 😔

i have also noticed a rise in younger people carrying out these acts. It makes me wonder if some of it is medication or drugs mixed with dangerous emotions...

its a scary world we live in folks and until Jehovah steps in and cleanses things, its only gonna get more shocking...

If memory serves you live in Kentucky which recently adopted a new gun law . Have you seen any difference in the last month?

10 hours ago, Fiona said:

The most stupid thing I hear is guns dont kill people, people do.
Such a childish stupid comment.

Guns don’t fire, unless some person pulls the trigger. :coffee:

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

1 hour ago, Hun said:

The facts speak otherwise. I hope my statement has not hurt you. We should not let patriotic feelings get the in way. I have noticed some brothers on here appeared to feel strongly about their country, which was very surprising to me at first. 

There must be two capitals at least: one for the KOTN, the other one for the  KOTS. 

"Absolute rubbish”

6 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I believe that is the exact point I was making when I posted my comment

A while back there were several instances of people driving vehicles into crowds of people killing and injuring people

Suicide bombs and roadside IED's are in the news often

Mass shooting happen all-to-often

All of these things are bad ... let's not get too hung up on any one of these methods Satan uses to push his agenda

The spirit of this world is increasingly geared toward selfishness. In a spiritual vacuum people  become hollow and unstable . This is the environment that produces violence of all sorts with and without the presence of weaponized tools. Weather a hatchet ( as was recently used in my area) a knife ( used in a mass stabbing event in Asia not long ago) a firearm ( in every large city on earth withvery rare exception) a rock or a fist ( in all lands each and every day). It is that vile spirit that makes a child into a killer .And we have the solution. We fill the spiritual vacuum. Once that vacuum has been filled in a Human being they can live in an arsenal and none will be harmed. 

@BenJepthah Ky would be correct lol I haven't been out of the house enough to answer that in depth, but guns have always been a major issue down here. Alot of people carry them everywhere and proudly advertise "Two things noone will take from me my Bible or my Guns." Attitudes on the other hand, wow.. People have become aggressive, short-tempered, and ill-mannered in the past year! Just going to my Dr's or the drugstore worries me anymore... I'm just waiting for someone to go berserk down here... 

Edited by cricket246

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!