JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

El Paso, TX and Dayton, OH Mass Shootings (combined)

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1564 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Multiple people have been killed and others wounded in a mass shooting at a Walmart in El Paso, Texas on Saturday. One suspect is in custody and police said there is no longer an imminent threat to the city.

The El Paso police said they received reports of an active shooter about 10 a.m. local time at the Walmart at Cielo Vista Mall.

https://time.com/5643110/el-paso-texas-mall-shooting/d7b3bbf97653a49c0bc7962ecbc0e36b.jpg

Just Older

Edited by Shawnster

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I shop at Walmart at least once every 2 weeks, and am in and am out.  This is so horrible, like above, I hope none of our friends were shot or killed by this person who was taken alive by the police.  So many innocent people, children, even a baby, oh my, there is so much more worse then this coming towards all of us and not just us, our neighbors who are not Jehovah's Witnesses, they too, are there shopping like the rest of us, their lives matter too.   You can't go no where, this world is terribly influence by prejudice and a person's nationality you become a target of despicable hatred and the one behind the scenes invisibly influencing these killers is none other then Satan and his cohorts, whether they are spirit or fleshly, like this 21 year old who became Judge, Prosecuting Attorney, and Jury!   All around the globe, we are (JW'S) are having a our International and Regional conventions, LOVE NEVER FAILS, you people who don't hate us, please go to that convention that you got an invitation too.  You will see people of every nationality, race, color, makes no difference to Jehovah and Jesus, what the color of your skin is.  Jehovah doesn't care if your dirt poor, or rich like owning diamond mines!  We have no borders in our hearts and minds, because this is what the scriptures teach us, it's in your version of whatever Bible you have in your home!  

My daughters are in several Walmarts almost daily ... they vend products sold in Walmart.

I hope all the JW's are safe also ... things like this are terrible to hear about - and worse that they even happen.

As a side thought - isn't it interesting that there was NO mention of whatever religion, if any, the shooter had ... had he been a JW or a former JW - you can be sure that would have been included in the headlines.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I found police force in USA very pleasant, I feel sorry for them to deal with situations like that 

Like Jenny said ...how long Jehovah? 

Just saw saw breaking news ....at least 20 dead. 

Edited by New World Explorer

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

9 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I dread the day that we have an active shooter situation at or near a Regional Convention...

Br. Richard, there might be one or several copy cats out there.  Law Enforcement have not caught the person of interest in Washington State, that torched one of the kingdom halls up there, and tried to torch a few others.  We can only pray that we don't have a scenario like the one in Texas, but in this sick and demented world we live in, one never knows.  I just hope that you, your family and friends in California, and in all states, don't have to duck or hide somewhere in a Walmart or whatever stores near you.   With Satan anything is possible since he has a SHORT period of time to do anyone of us in. 

I know its satans system and that only jehovah can fix it but when will the US learn to ban guns?? Sorry but I do not understand their way of thinking. The most stupid thing I hear is guns dont kill people, people do.
Such a childish stupid comment. Makes me so mad that life is so cheap there.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Doug said:

Nowadays they sell bullet proof backpacks to school children.

It may have begun as a novelty, but now it may be considered prudent.

USA has huge gun related problem (second shooting just occurred, this time I think 9 dead)

To say that America has gun problem is no longer personal decision, it’s a fact,  as this becomes so obvious to onlookers. 

Only The Kingdom will take those guns away, and destroy the wicked who use them against innocent people. 

How many more shootings we have to see before the end? Sad indeed. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

To allow possession of guns in the hands of common people is the most stupid idea that government could approve ...

Many struggle with emotional syndrome that is not easily detectable by medical professionals, and yet they are allowed to buy guns 

Why? It’s beyond me. 

In contrast Jehovah teaches us “not to learn war anymore” 

2 different standards, and we clearly see which one works. 

2 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

That's just unbelievable!! I'm sitting here with my mouth open.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

20 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

That's just unbelievable!! I'm sitting here with my mouth open.

Copy that...

I was fairly well surprised when I found that, I couldnt even read it very much, its sickening...

It will be a good day when guns and other weapons made to kill man are erased off this planet.  'Learn war no more'.....sounds good to me--