JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Our Christian Life and Ministry - January 2020

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1633 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Looks like our Treasures & Gems section will be on the flood account in Genesis. Makes sense as we start Gen Chapt 1 next year.

Now if you could see the next page, and see if the Treasures are from the nwtsty notes, or are they WT references...? I'm hoping the nwtsty study notes are done...

Just Older

I don't think this has been posted yet...

https://www.jw.org/en/library/jw-meeting-workbook/january-2020-mwb/

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Interesting changes to the midweek meeting and looking forward to Introduction to Genesis.

I always thought that the two questions in the Spiritual Gems will be combined. This will help the timings more efficient.
I would always ask the 2 questions at the same time as not all the ones answering really gave much thought to which particular question they were answering.
So if you were waiting for the second question, someone was likely to answer your point 2 or 3 comments in...

Just Older

2 hours ago, YukitoMatsuzuki said:

I always thought that the two questions in the Spiritual Gems will be combined. This will help the timings more efficient.

So many brothers and sister have always put their hand up and answer both questions, "What has this week’s Bible reading taught you about Jehovah?" and "What other spiritual gems have you discovered in this week’s Bible reading?" and the speaker has only asked the first Question. So with that in mind i like this change of combining them. That maybe why the brothers combined the questions.

I think it's safe to say that all the cover image for the workbook this year are coming from 'THE LESSONS FROM THE BIBLE' book.

Jan Cover on page 12-13 (Section 2)

Feb Cover on page 22-23 (Section 3)

Mar Cover on page 32 (Lesson 11)

202020000_univ_lsr_lg.jpg

202020040_univ_lsr_xl.jpg

202020080_univ_lsr_xl.jpg

Edited by Luigi62

22 hours ago, YukitoMatsuzuki said:

I'm beginning to wonder what will happen if we run out of articles to cover for the Apply Yourself to Teaching brochure. We started it in January 2019, so after 12 months, now at Study 13 for January 2020. We will finish it by August 2020 for Study 20.

Will have to wait and see 

9 hours ago, jwhess said:

It is the abbreviation for our midweek "Meeting Work Book"...:sunshine:

Like KM used to be used for "Kingdom Ministry"...

Ohhh. Duh. I missed something again. 

Knock knock.

"Who's there"?

"Luezette from duhsville."

Anyway, thank you.