JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Our Christian Life and Ministry - January 2020

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1633 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

There is no link.  It is not released yet.  Its just a low-res very pixelated image.

One day, the brothers are going to upload some fake publication images to the servers, and when they are posted on this forum, it will make the poster of them look very foolish for going ahead looking for pictures of unreleased publications.

I'm sorry, Nothing against the brothers who do this, I've done similar (which I now regret doing).  I'm now bored with this kind of post.  Just wait for the publication to be released.  Leave it to the faithful and discreet slave to release it at the proper time.  Then we can have a proper discussion of the actual contents, and not just speculation as to what some low quality picture means.

While I do enjoy these...I don't think it's appropriate never have...even with the link to the broadcasting that is posted each month I never watch I always wait until it's released because to me and my mind I feel like I'm "Going Ahead"...or that I'm cheating...in a way

And I don't want to do that...we have tech savvy brothers who are able to log in and get such info...

But, to each it's own....

Sometimes it's fun to get a gift wrapped present and spend a few minutes guessing what it is before you open it...

I guess our MWM bible reading schedule starts in Genesis and there is a comment in the workbook about Noah...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

11 hours ago, Jonathan77 said:

'm now bored with this kind of post.  Just wait for the publication to be released.  Leave it to the faithful and discreet slave to release it at the proper time.  Then we can have a proper discussion of the actual contents, and not just speculation as to what some low quality picture means

I thank you because one, you cleared things up. SoTwo, old smarty pants me went to our site looking for it, then began wondering why it's not there.

7 hours ago, Luezette said:

I thank you because one, you cleared things up. SoTwo, old smarty pants me went to our site looking for it, then began wondering why it's not there.

Me too.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

Well I dont agree with 77.

What about the annual meeting? Or Assembly Spoilers? Just wait for the faithful slave and follow arrangements??

So one day somebody uploads a fake blurry pic...we know its not official. A reason people enjoy this site...like to get the scoop on the AM or to share what we heard at a meeting.

I am not against following arrangements...but if somebody posts a "leaked" or posts a "tech savvy server feed" just let the guy be...say thanks or look the other way

3 hours ago, Zephyr said:

Just wait for the faithful slave and follow arrangement

Yes, absolutely! 

I mean, yes it's true that I too took a peak at that workbook, then strolled on over to our website for it, didn't/couldn't find it there, and came back here with my face smeared from eating a big slice of that humble pie. 

But it's good that happened because the slave is how Jehovah is feeding us through Jesus. 

And the way I see it is this: the Great Tribulation is close, real close. Though during a recent convention we saw the friends in a basement during the GT, that doesn't necessarily mean that all of us will be in a basement during that time. We might be out somewhere alone, who knows? But the thing is that we will be directed and cared for by Jehovah via the slave through Jesus. But what if someone comes to us and says or claims such and such? Will we jump to it because he or she says so? 

There's no indication that during the GT we will not receive instruction from, again, Jehovah via the slave through Jesus. THAT will not be affected because of the GT. So it's best, now, to follow instruction. 

I definitely know, first hand how hard it can be and is. Why? Because at times I can be a little, what? Impetuous? Yep, for sure. Such is why I went to our website for that workbook instead of just waiting. 

Jehovah is on time. Actually, he's ALWAYS on time. There's absolutely nothing that we need to know that will be late. NOTHING!!

So, yes. We wait by waiting on Jehovah to provide us "food at the proper time" by the slave through Jesus.

Edited by Luezette

We understand that some friends like spoilers and some dont. Some friends think that posting a blurry picture is jumping ahead of the organization and some dont. 

When we stop to think about it, the brothers supply spoilers all the time. We generally know the theme of the Regional Convention before we get a program, we get a program before we hear the convention, we see a movie trailer before we see the movie, we hear the final song before it is released. Lots of spoilers all the time.

Just appreciate the blurry picture as an appetizer and wait for the main course. If you aren't hungry, then don't look. 

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Not sure I agree with this rational at all.

The above blurry image is not an officially released spoiler.. its somebody exploiting a vulnerability in the system to pull out an image that is clearly not ready for public consumption seeing how blurry it is, and only served to confuse people ( ie. people going to jw.org to look for the publication )

im with 77 on this one,, wait for the official release 😎

20 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Sometimes it's fun to get a gift wrapped present and spend a few minutes guessing what it is before you open it...

I guess our MWM bible reading schedule starts in Genesis and there is a comment in the workbook about Noah...

Lol .. this situation is more like slyly pulling the wrapper slightly open to peek inside and get at look at the present before it’s been officially presented to you.

Perhaps borderline presumptuous...

2017(?) we had a letter read in August asking us to order our Yearbooks etc. Then in October we were told they wouldn’t be made anymore. It’s possible the Workbook cover could change. They might add dinosaurs or something. 😁

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

1 hour ago, carlos said:

There's nothing inappropriate when there's a link to the official servers.

JW.org servers have two areas: a private and a public one. Anything that is put in the public area is public, even if that publication hasn't been officially released yet. That would be as the elders putting a document on the bulletin board then telling the congregation not to read it until the next week. That doesn't make sense, if you put it there it's because you want it read by all.

The principle of "faithful in the least, faithful in the most" doesn't apply here either because the Slave has never given instructions not to post links to publications, so nobody is being unfaithful. If someone feels it's not ok to download a publication until it's been officially released, that's great, but no one is authorized to make a rule about that for others. 

Ok this being said if somebody would please post here the links and instructions on how to access the public servers

cheers!

On 8/22/2019 at 12:38 AM, Jonathan77 said:

There is no link.  It is not released yet.  Its just a low-res very pixelated image.

One day, the brothers are going to upload some fake publication images to the servers, and when they are posted on this forum, it will make the poster of them look very foolish for going ahead looking for pictures of unreleased publications.

I'm sorry, Nothing against the brothers who do this, I've done similar (which I now regret doing).  I'm now bored with this kind of post.  Just wait for the publication to be released.  Leave it to the faithful and discreet slave to release it at the proper time.  Then we can have a proper discussion of the actual contents, and not just speculation as to what some low quality picture means.

So I guess there technically is a link to this... just not one that has been widely released...or else the OP would not have been able too pull the image

Ive noticed that this is the 2nd time in as many weeks where people will just post images with no explanation at all and it seems to just cause confusion... not sure the point of doing it this way 

If one is to do this at all..maybe post the image with the ‘public link’ along with a quick note or description ( ie. this image is to go along with a public talk and is only available to Brothers who give public talks, or this image belongs to a publication that hasn’t been officially released yet etc. Etc )

Edited by Susan Cook

Typos

34 minutes ago, Susan Cook said:

If one is to do this at all..maybe post the image with the ‘public link’ along with a quick note or description ( ie. this image is to go along with a public talk and is only available to Brothers who give public talks, or this image belongs to a publication that hasn’t been officially released yet etc. Etc )

That is a good reminder that will help avoid confusion. We also suggest that "Spoiler " be added to the title when appropriate.

Edited by Tortuga

1 hour ago, Susan Cook said:

Ok this being said if somebody would please post here the links and instructions on how to access the public servers

There is no exploit nor vulnerability nor anything strange. Just knowing the numbers of the months.

If you go to JW.org > Publications > Meeting Workbooks, right-click on the small picture of the latest workbook which is November, its URL is this:

https://assetsnffrgf-a.akamaihd.net/assets/a/mwb/E/201911/wpub/mwb_E_201911_lg.jpg

if you do the same with the October workbook, the link is:

https://assetsnffrgf-a.akamaihd.net/assets/a/mwb/E/201910/wpub/mwb_E_201910_lg.jpg

And for September:

https://assetsnffrgf-a.akamaihd.net/assets/a/mwb/E/201910/wpub/mwb_E_201910_lg.jpg

Let's put them together. Do you notice a pattern? 

https://assetsnffrgf-a.akamaihd.net/assets/a/mwb/E/201911/wpub/mwb_E_201911_lg.jpg   November
https://assetsnffrgf-a.akamaihd.net/assets/a/mwb/E/201910/wpub/mwb_E_201910_lg.jpg   October
https://assetsnffrgf-a.akamaihd.net/assets/a/mwb/E/201909/wpub/mwb_E_201909_lg.jpg   September

The filename is simply the year and the month of the workbook! So you can change those and link to any cover of any workbook past or future. For example, the cover for March 2017 would be:

https://assetsnffrgf-a.akamaihd.net/assets/a/mwb/E/201703/wpub/mwb_E_201703_lg.jpg

And that of January 2020:

http://assetsnffrgf-a.akamaihd.net/assets/a/mwb/E/202001/wpub/mwb_E_202001_lg.jpg

If the brothers have stored the file, it will show. If they haven't, it will say wrong link. That's all the science required. :)

The reason why the image looks blurry is that it's not designed to be displayed at that size. It's just a small thumbnail such as those that appear at JW.org > Publications > Meeting Workbooks.

Edited by carlos

1 hour ago, Susan Cook said:

Lol .. this situation is more like slyly pulling the wrapper slightly open to peek inside and get at look at the present before it’s been officially presented to you.

I agree.  This isn't a matter of being "faithful in least."  This isn't being disobedient or running ahead of the Organization.  This is just sneaking spoilers.  Peeking at your presents before they are given to you.  Would such an act get you in trouble with your spouse/parent/loved one who is giving the present?  Yeah...  I still chafe over my wife's anger/disappointment because I got nosy and found out in advance what surprise she had for me.   And that was probably over 10 years ago.

But she didn't divorce me.  We still went on the trip.  Let's not make a judicial case out of it.   Like Carlos said,  we shouldn't beat anyone up for doing this.  It's not a hanging offense.