JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Our Christian Life and Ministry - January 2020

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1633 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

2 hours ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

The topic starter did nothing wrong. He's new and is simply trying to contribute something to the community.

Quite frankly, these condemnatory and judgmental comments from the over-sensitive net witness members are precisely NOT the kind of unchristian behavior we want on JWTalk. Keep that 'my spirituality is bigger than yours' garbage over on Facebook.

People come here looking for something different, and they glance at this publicly visible topic and go 'yup, they turn on each other there too'. 

I’m glad you said this as I too thought some comments have been a bit harsh! 😔 

There are pictures of publications like the Bible Teach and the Good News brochure in the sample presentations. I guess we could be going back to having the "monthly literature offers."

As for the front cover illustrations, from 2016-2018, we used real-life pictures of us witnessing, and then in 2019, it changed to pictures showing our Christian life. It seems in 2020 we are going to have times from the Scripture's illustrations, like the current 2019 Study Watchtower.

I will mention ... I know a local Brother who is a commuting Bethelite. He is very key in the Branches computer/IT/WEB/communication department. He also serves as a reg pio and a sub CO. His son in serving at Bethel. In fact, until recently, his son was this Brother's Overseer (talk about humble) - the son has since been reassigned to Warwick where he is serving with the GB and Helpers.

Anyway, a little while back when we were doing something together he showed me a new app they were working on for smart phones they could use to talk to each other from-and-to anywhere in the world ... they could have a "group" chat open while also having more than one "private" chats at the same time ... mind you, these chats were "voice" - not text. Really neat. He even called a Brother in Mexico to demonstrate it to me.

I mentioned to him about some being able to d/l things like the Monthly Broadcast, images, etc before they are "official. He assured me that the Branch is fully aware of it and, that if it was a problem, they would have closed access a long time ago. He then assured me that, if I wanted to listen to the Broadcast before it hit the website ... enjoy it!

Since this is one of the Brothers that helped to establish jw.org (in ways you cannot imagine) - I took him at his word.

It is true. Nobody, even at the branch or the RTO, not to mention the HQ, raises even an eyebrow if someone wants to look at pictures or illustrations, or even watch an mp4 or listen to an MP3 before it’s on the website. Go ahead! As for closing access, it is very easy, but the brothers prefer it this way.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2019 at 1:17 PM, Dismal_Bliss said:

People come here looking for something different

I thought this was in the nterchange of Encouragement & Worldwide Brotherhood section. I wanted to get a little encouragement while my machines work. Lol 😎

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

11 hours ago, Margaret said:

Yes, it looks like the first full week in January we might start  Genesis

The last time we started with Genesis was January 2014 and it took 6 years to cover the bible, I wonder if it will take 6 years this time. We may not consider Revelation again until the end of 2025.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

The last time we started with Genesis was January 2014 and it took 6 years to cover the bible, I wonder if it will take 6 years this time. We may not consider Revelation again until the end of 2025.

We have slowed down our weekly coverage with this new format 

9 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

We have slowed down our weekly coverage with this new format 

The revised MWM started in January 2016, so 4 out of 6 years were in the new format. If it takes 7 years (I like that number better) to do the entire bible then we'll do Revelation the end of 2026 (I hope there isn't any correlation between considering Revelation and having it fulfilled at the same time). Either way, it appear we will still be toward the beginning of the bible in the MWM when we start the new CBS book.  

The Pure Worship book is only 22 chapters and if it took a year to consider it, we would still be finished before consider Ezekiel in the MWM.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

14 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I think it will be longer because we went from Matthew to revelation in 1 year back in 2013 and went from Matthew 1- acts 20 in 2018 and acts 21- rev 22 the 2019 so maybe double the time

37 minutes ago, cricket246 said:

Don’t we start a study of Revelation this year?

Yes, and we will probably study it again in 6 or 7 years. Hopefully we have a new Revelation book by then and it's a book of history instead of prophecy. 

"Revelation: Heres What Happened"

Yep. Looks like our weekly bible reading starts in Nov. So if I read and understand the above posts correctly, in Jan 2020 we should start back in Genesis.
I did find interesting in the pic, the references point to WT articles, not our 1988 (re) book.

Just Older

2 hours ago, TonyWenz said:

Yep. Looks like our weekly bible reading starts in Nov. So if I read and understand the above posts correctly, in Jan 2020 we should start back in Genesis.

If you use the WT library on dvd, since this year's (2019) schedule was released late last year, its been known that we finish Revelation at the end of December, and logically we would start Genesis in January 

Edited by pholmes38

7 hours ago, TonyWenz said:

I did find interesting in the pic, the references point to WT articles, not our 1988 (re) book.

Actually, re book was revised once in 2006, and so some of our points in the meeting workbook do references to the revised Revelation Climax. e.g.

Re 4:4, 6—What do the 24 elders and the 4 living creatures represent? (re 76-77 ¶8; 80 ¶19)

Of course, not everything in the revised book is up to date, such as the “two witnesses” in Rev. 11, as it's understanding was clarified in 2014.

17 hours ago, YukitoMatsuzuki said:

Of course, not everything in the revised book is up to date, such as the “two witnesses” in Rev. 11, as it's understanding was clarified in 2014.

What’s different? The part about the cleansing of the temple?

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.