JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

When it's all over...

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1631 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

5 hours ago, GodlyDevotion said:

Who says being anointed is the coolest thing in history? 

Being anointed is not cool at all.... apostle paul was beheaded, stephen was stoned to death, apostle john was imprisoned..... paul said "I am poured out like a drink offering." 

Its not walk in the park.... 

anointed today forget about what they wanted in life instead they primarily served Jehovah and his people.  theodore jaracz  possession was only in a suitcase. 

Bro Russell has lived in a minimum income if you compare today..

Bro Sanderon couldnt even buy plane ticket from russia to US after the case was lost.. They just headed for the airport but of course someone called and bought tickets for them. 

Edited by JennyM

20 hours ago, jwhess said:

I don't think I will care because it is the "morning after" Armageddon.  It doesn't get any better than that.

😊 Br John, I hope that we both meet sometime after that. Because while it will certainly be one of the best times in our lives (especially so far), oh man, we won't have seen anything yet. Jehovah's full rule, blessings and direction for all eternity. We will truly say that we hadn't seen anything yet. And I'll be able to say, "Told you". 😉

22 hours ago, cme said:

I will be looking for the nearest liquor store in a police car.   :)

I approve of your priorities. I'll probably still be working in a Liquor store... (have been in my current Liquor/Off-Licence Job since December 95).

9 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

Stop at McDonald's and have a good meal.

McDonald's will provide a good meal???? Truly the paradise will be a time of great wonders. 😉

5 hours ago, Dages said:

I guess being anointed is nice when you're in heaven, immortal and knowing, getting ready for the Armageddon Battle :D 

Flexing and stretching to give Satan a nice right hook to make him fly through some galaxies.

Matter of perspective I guess. They're currently having to learn from Jehovah in displaying great patience and self-control. Think about it, they're second only to Jehovah and Jesus in Power and Authority yet they still have to hear and restrain themselves while Satan and his followers hurl all sorts of insults at Jehovah and his people, while they see terrible things happening on Earth, while they are now perfect but see Jehovah's human servants sinning every day and now they can understand just how hurtful/offensive that is to Jehovah, and for many of them while they see their families and loved one's still suffering in this system of things.

Obviously they learn from Jehovah to focus on the wonderful things that he's doing through his people to glorify his name and to save yet more people so I do believe they are happy in the presence of the happy God, but its not all plain sailing. Apologies for :offtopic: but just wanted to reply to @Dages comment.

10 hours ago, JennyM said:

Being anointed is not cool at all.... a

Though I want nothing more than to live forever on a paradise earth, I still find those with a heavenly hope a wonderful blessing!!!

Imagine: being able to see Jehovah, Jesus, the angels, Bro. Knorr, Bro. Franz, etc, face to face, to be able to talk with them. To share in making us perfect, and etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, and all the et ceteras to time indefinite.To physically share in vindicating Jehovah's sovereignty at Armageddon with Jesus and his angels, etc. 

Oh what blessings!!!

Edited by Luezette

21 minutes ago, Luezette said:

Though I want nothing more than to live forever on a paradise earth, I still find those with a heavenly hope a wonderful blessing!!!

Imagine: being able to see Jehovah, Jesus, the angels, Bro. Knorr, Bro. Franz, etc, face to face, to be able to talk with them. To share in making us perfect, and etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, and all the et ceteras to time indefinite.To physically share in vindicating Jehovah's sovereignty at Armageddon with Jesus and his angels, etc. 

Oh what blessings!!!

yes. I agree.. When youre in heaven.. thats gonna be awesome.. No need to cook food in a regular basis. 

I hope after billion of years, we can see Jehovah face to face... 

Edited by JennyM

On 10/6/2019 at 2:27 PM, New World Explorer said:

I will check if I have "wi-fi" reception and log in to jw.talk ...starting the topic with experiences

"Tell us your story- How did you make it through GT? " :D

Hope this happens

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

11 hours ago, JennyM said:

Being anointed is not cool at all.... apostle paul was beheaded, stephen was stoned to death, apostle john was imprisoned..... paul said "I am poured out like a drink offering." 

anointed today forget about what they wanted in life instead they primarily served Jehovah and his people.  theodore jaracz  possession was only in a suitcase. 

Bro Sanderon couldnt even buy plane ticket from russia to US after the case was lost.. They just headed for the airport but of course someone called and bought tickets for them. 

But they were all happy. And we will all leave with a suitcase or less through the GT. It just doesn't sound appealing because your hope is for the earth - where we were created to enjoy life. The Anointed hope has been changed - their minds are on the unseen things like ours, but in a different realm that's all.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

On 10/29/2019 at 10:11 PM, JennyM said:

Being anointed is really not fun in this system of things. They are a direct target for Satan the Devil. (Rev. 12:17)

However, they rejoice over their hope and strive their best to serve Jehovah fully, despite challenging circumstances. :)

• 2 weeks later...
I'm going to need more then McDonalds when all is said and done.  After waiting for so many years, Tequila is down my alley.  I will look for an open liquor store and an abandoned police car and drive myself to it.  I plan to celebrate. 
Oh dear, remember Noah and his vineyard episode!

Sent from my WAS-LX2 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Ludwika said:

I imagine after the storm... the silence. No traffic, no aeroplanes overhead, just calm, and deep, deep gratitude. After that... Well! A new assignment!

Reminds me of the 1951 movie "The Day the Earth Stood Still" with Michael Rennie.  The aliens made all devices (planes, cars, etc) stop at the same time.

When I realise the GT is over I will fall to my knees and thank Jehovah for having made his will happen on Earth, and for sparing me. It is probably going to take a while before I will be able to do anything else. To be honest I struggle being confident about making it, even though I am working hard on my spirituality. 

Edited by Norbro

On 10/29/2019 at 8:44 AM, cme said:

I'm going to need more then McDonalds when all is said and done.  After waiting for so many years, Tequila is down my alley.  I will look for an open liquor store and an abandoned police car and drive myself to it.  I plan to celebrate. 

Just don’t drink too much or you won’t be in the new system long :lol:

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

new assignment  such as building and teaching  

Don't know that I'll be much good on the building side! Teaching, yes. Hopefully someone will build a house for me!

Don't know that I'll be much good on the building side! Teaching, yes. Hopefully someone will build a house for me!

Taking offers now.