JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Our Christian Life and Ministry - APRIL 2020 (PICTURES)

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1560 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

39 minutes ago, Luigi62 said:

All ready!? I haven’t even gotten the January MWB.

The time schedule for literatures seems to have been a lot delayed. By this month, we should have gotten February mwb, Watchtower (Study) and No.1 2020 Awake. None has released yet. Same is true for the prints.

5 hours ago, YukitoMatsuzuki said:

The time schedule for literatures seems to have been a lot delayed. By this month, we should have gotten February mwb, Watchtower (Study) and No.1 2020 Awake. None has released yet. Same is true for the prints.

Indeed, same is true for the Watchtower Library update. 

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

The cover image is allowing the same pattern. The MWB cover images are all out of "Lessons You Can Learn From the Bible" 

Jan Cover on pages 12-13 (Section 2)

Feb Cover on pages 22-23 (Section 3)

Mar Cover on page 32 (Lesson 11)

Apr Cover on Pages 204-205 (Lesson 87)

Edited by Luigi62

On 11/27/2019 at 5:34 AM, Luigi62 said:

First pic is the April cover and the second pic is from the lessons from the bible book. Jesus has a cup in one pic but no cup in the other pic.

202020120_univ_lsr_xl.jpg

1102016097_univ_lsr_xl.jpg

The lamp is also moved 😕

It looks like it was not a question of deciding to take out the cup, just that there were 2 versions a the time (like most of the times there are) one was chosen at the first time and now the other one, by mistake or intentionally...

The lamp is also moved
It looks like it was not a question of deciding to take out the cup, just that there were 2 versions a the time (like most of the times there are) one was chosen at the first time and now the other one, by mistake or intentionally...

The original is a video:

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/VODMinistryTools/docid-502016800_1_VIDEO

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

2 hours ago, jayrtom said:

The lamp is also moved 😕

The light beaming on the wall is incorrect on the cover photo.

The light beaming on the wall is incorrect on the cover photo.

Beaming is correct. It just comes from a slightly different angle. Pay attention to the placing of the windows. The artists are well versed in these things.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

1 minute ago, Thesauron said:

Well, the video is used as ground or the images. The models might differ slightly.

In the memorial video and the picture the same people are drawn.  But from the memorial video picture to the April cover picture the “models” have changed completely.

1 minute ago, Thesauron said:

Beaming is correct. It just comes from a slightly different angle. Pay attention to the placing of the windows. The artists are well versed in these things.

The light on the wall in both pictures is exactly the same, it’s clearly light from the lamp not the moon or sun.

The light on the wall in both pictures is exactly the same, it’s clearly light from the lamp not the moon or sun.

It is light from the lamp, but the angle is now the same as the windows. Instead of being frontal, it is now slightly from the side. So the lamp had to be moved, otherwise the perspective becomes slightly skewed.
4 minutes ago, Luigi62 said:

In the memorial video and the picture the same people are drawn.  But from the memorial video picture to the April cover picture the “models” have changed completely.

We are not talking about the models, though? The set is the same. Angle differs a bit.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

5 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

It is light from the lamp, but the angle is now the same as the windows. Instead of being frontal, it is now slightly from the side. So the lamp had to be moved, otherwise the perspective becomes slightly skewed.

The lamp being moved doesn’t make sense. (April cover)

The lamp being moved doesn’t make sense. (April cover)

It had to be. Perhaps an artist can explain it better. It has to do with the angle. It doesn’t make sense, really, to view the lamp from the front but the windows from the side. So it had to be adjusted.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”