JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Library Android Personal Study Note Marker / copy text

Dear brothers and sisters,

I had two questions regarding JW Library for Android, but between the completion of the registration process and now I have found the answers. As you may know easier ways for what I am trying to accomplish I will still add my questions here together with what I found. Curious to learn what you found..

1) When you add a personal study note it links the note to a specific place in the article, e.g. the watchtower study. A colored square appears on the left side. When you scroll through the article and then click to modify the note, you will be taken back to where the note was linked to in the article. Question: Is there a way to add the note while it does not link to a specific place in the article? This would allow me to search for the answers to e.g. the summary questions and stay at the place where those are while I draft the answer and not have to scroll back so many times..

The solution I found:

1. Highlight the complete overview question so it gets one color

2. With a single tab select the same question

3. From the appearing selection box, select the add personal study note icon.

4. A study note now appears and the colored square in front appears too

5. Now starts to select the same question but start at the second word and only highlight a few words. Then lift your finger.

6. The square in front of the question disappears, but the personal study note is still there.

7. You can now scroll to the alinea where the answer is and then modify the study note while you can still see the alinea.

I found this by accident, but perhaps you know a better way..

2) when you have color marked an alinea and see a need to copy the whole alinea to a personal study note afterwards, how can this be done without the whole alinea being left in one color, which was not the intention.

The solution I found:

1. Single tab the first word of the alinea, but do not lift your finger for 2 seconds.

2. Standard Android text selection markers appear

3. Pull these to include the required

4. From the option box select copy

5. Paste the text where you need it.

6. This process does not change the color highlights you did on that alinea.

Appreciate your help 😀

Daniel