JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2019 Service Year Report of Jehovah’s Witnesses Worldwide

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1562 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

It is time to start discussing over the 2019 Service Year Report of Jehovah’s Witnesses Worldwide.

Most likely it will be there:

https://www.jw.org/download/?output=html&pub=syr19&fileformat=PDF%2CEPUB%2CJWPUB%2CRTF%2CTXT%2CBRL%2CBES&alllangs=0&langwritten=E&txtCMSLang=E&isBible=0

When do we get it?

Will Brasilia reach 900,000 publishers? And what about Mexico?

When will Cuba reach 100,000 publishers? And when Malawi?

Will Nigeria reach 400,000 publishers?

And when we will be 9,000,000?

I’m wondering if we will get it once everyone has had the 5 minute talk from Apply Yourself ... this week.

Edited by ChrisC

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

If you are curious to know it, I can confirm you that in August the peak was 402541
Wauw that's great!
It's so good to see how Jehovah's organisation is growing.
In the Netherlands we had a peak number of baptisms as of the beginning of August. The highest number in many years. I thought 613.. But I dont remember the exact number

I heard of some that the number of regular pioneers was announced, but somehow I missed it..
Does anyone knows it?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ELE-L29 met Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2019 at 3:41 PM, Norbro said:

I can't remember the exact number, but I think it is high enough that there is a good chance of reaching 9 million worldwide in 2020 😃

• GLOBAL NEWS

2019 Service Year Report Includes Largest Baptismal Figure in 20 Years

• Number of Lands Reporting: 240

• Worldwide Memorial Attendance: 20,919,041

• Peak Number of Publishers: 8,683,117

• Total Number Baptized: 303,866

5 hours ago, jwmanubcn said:
  • GLOBAL NEWS

2019 Service Year Report Includes Largest Baptismal Figure in 20 Years

• Number of Lands Reporting: 240

• Worldwide Memorial Attendance: 20,919,041

• Peak Number of Publishers: 8,683,117

• Total Number Baptized: 303,866

Let's try to get a 10% increase in baptisms and hit that 9 mil mark! 😄

Edited by Norbro

22 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Well, that would require no deaths, no disfellowshipping, no publishers going inactive and so on (only pluses and no minuses, nice thought)....❤️

Not quite, there is a headroom of about 17,300. I don't know how that compares to the numbers of the categories you mention, though (and it's probably not something to focus too much on anway) 🙂

6 hours ago, Norbro said:

Not quite, there is a headroom of about 17,300. I don't know how that compares to the numbers of the categories you mention, though (and it's probably not something to focus too much on anway) 🙂

My calculations a couple of years ago (made by comparing the number baptized to number publishers each year) showed a loss of over 100,000 - 150,000 per year.  At a rate of 300,000 baptized, we should grow about a million every 3 years or so.  With a lower baptism rate of 250,000 we should grow about a million every 4 years.

In 2015 (the 2016 report). we had 8, 220,105 peak publishers. Four years later we have 8,683.117 publisher.  Our organization grew by 460,000 publishers but we baptized a million.  Where did the other 500,000 go?

This ration has held true (approximately) for decades...sorry...😕

1 hour ago, Dages said:

About 80k death per year... According to my calculation. So the rest are DF... 

All of our calculations are guesses but thanks for the reasoning.  I had a circuit Overseer tell me in one of my training programs that the number of DF publishers was about 100,000 per year.  So our guesses of 150,000 - 80,000 = 70,000 DF is somewhat close (maybe...?)

23 hours ago, Dages said:

I did the math again, as the mortality rate is 8,33/1000, for 8,6m JW, that's a little bit more than 70k death per year, so that would be 80k DF

Wow, that's a lot of DFs 😞 I was sad to see a DF'ed reg pioneer sister from my old congregation on the front page of the biggest national newspaper here in Norway. It was just a few weeks ago. Hearts are being tested and filtered out these days...we all need to work on our spirituality constantly and ensure we are not just going through the motions.

On 12/16/2019 at 2:50 AM, jwhess said:

My calculations a couple of years ago (made by comparing the number baptized to number publishers each year) showed a loss of over 100,000 - 150,000 per year.  At a rate of 300,000 baptized, we should grow about a million every 3 years or so.  With a lower baptism rate of 250,000 we should grow about a million every 4 years.

In 2015 (the 2016 report). we had 8, 220,105 peak publishers. Four years later we have 8,683.117 publisher.  Our organization grew by 460,000 publishers but we baptized a million.  Where did the other 500,000 go?

This ration has held true (approximately) for decades...sorry...😕

But it can be faster also in future. Think of Isaiah 60:22.

22 hours ago, Norbro said:

I was sad to see a DF'ed reg pioneer sister from my old congregation on the front page of the biggest national newspaper here in Norway

If you don't mind me asking, is she now a government official, a news-maker, or is it a case of her being in the news for the "wrong" reason?

6 hours ago, Chuka said:

If you don't mind me asking, is she now a government official, a news-maker, or is it a case of her being in the news for the "wrong" reason?

Sorry, I should have been more clear. It was a long article about her how growing up in the organisation has "ruined her life", basically. No higher education etc. She had found a boyfriend.

Sad to say it but I wasn't all that surprised, really. She had told off my daughter (who is a couple of years older, also in her twenties) after my daughter had said it could give the wrong impression that the pioneer and some of her friends planned to go out on town partying on New Year's Eve. Apparently my daughter was "rude" for "criticising" others. They weren't celebrating NYE, the pioneer said...but what would it look like? They did go out to party. I expect she has been reproved numerous times. My wife and I were also surprised at the cold shoulder we got when we met her out and about. We have health problems which mean we can't attend the meetings physically as often as we want to, and she treated us like we were bad associations.

2 hours ago, careful said:

Its concerning to me that we spend so much time and attention bringing people in to the organization but at the same time, we have such a huge amount of people being disfellowshipped.

It is a matter of concern. Most of those get DF comes back. We always need to keep ourselves in check sis.

3 hours ago, careful said:

Its concerning to me that we spend so much time and attention bringing people in to the organization but at the same time, we have such a huge amount of people being disfellowshipped.

What more do you think can be done to encourage ones that are in the Truth to either remain loyal or show genuine repentance in the case of wrongdoing?