JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Providing the Holy Bible in every language

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1600 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Jehovah's Witnesses want to provide access to the Bible in 1,000 languages. Here to talk about their mission are Devon Greene and Walter Crigler.

https://www.wlox.com/video/2019/12/31/providing-holy-bible-every-language/?fbclid=IwAR15aZhxvc-HYIb1DJfkErhWpsQIJxnas5ImgItPszc73BVYNA9P0MNtdHk 

I like the juxtaposition of these two brothers giving an interview on a set decorated for Christmas.

I love Brother Crigler's closing comment, when asked what our goal is:  "1006, and we're just gonna keep goin'."  :D 

Thanks for sharing, Brother Shawn! ❤️

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

EXCELLENT!(:P)

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

That expression, "the language of their heart" really expresses the degree of love that these skilled brothers are showing by their efforts to increase the number of languages in which the Bible can be printed. This project will also encourage an increase of the number of people who will learn to read as well.

I remember reading how Brother Jackson and his wife made a great effort to learn the Tuvalu language in order to teach the truth when they served as pioneers among the natives on Tuvalu, an island near Australia. The notes he wrote every night for many years to learn the language eventually became that language's first dictionary, and the government actually printed many copies of it to distribute to the natives to encourage literacy.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/pc/r1/lp-e/1200276879/3/0

No doubt, if it is Jehovah's will, more language skills will be encouraged through this theocratic effort to translate the inspired scriptures and other life-saving literature into the "language of the heart" of many more people!

1 hour ago, pholmes38 said:

Is that video somehow downloadable? 

I was able to download the 33 .ts files (1MB each; 5-6 second pieces) that make up this video. Haven’t had success in combining them, however. They’re the same type of files used in DVDs, but much smaller. The only issues I see with combining them, is the audio slowly going out of sync. They don’t seem to have many markers to keep them in sync as one file.

I can make them available, if someone else wants to work with them.

It may be more practical to just do a screen recording of the video.

Edited by digital_dreamer

“It’s not how much we know that pleases Jehovah, but how we feel about what we know and how we have allowed that knowledge to increase our love for Jehovah.”

12 hours ago, pholmes38 said:

Using the screenpresso app for windows 10 and doing a screen region capture, here is the link for the video. 

This is my first time doing this here it is. Enjoy.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1l2mnqG-j3_oqq-ocg889Bhti9yTVi3BQ/view?usp=sharing

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

13 hours ago, pholmes38 said:

Here you go:  Providing the Holy Bible in every language

To download, click the More options menu at the top right.  

I also uploaded it here in this message to JWTalk.

2 hours ago, AH173 said:

Using the screenpresso app for windows 10 and doing a screen region capture, here is the link for the video. 

This is my first time doing this here it is. Enjoy.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1l2mnqG-j3_oqq-ocg889Bhti9yTVi3BQ/view?usp=sharing

• Good job on the other video. However, my video cropped out the crawl on the bottom of the video. I didn''t want baby Jesus being stolen to offend someone's conscience. LOL