JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

february broadcast picgture

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1547 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

2 hours ago, careful said:

does anyone know how to find the picture that was referred to on the February broadcast of the shepherd with the lost sheep on his shoulders?

1 hour ago, AH173 said:

Someone asked the same question in this post. But I couldn't find the picture. In the sister's comment in the broadcast, she mentions that she saw scratches on the shepherd's face in the photo. But I don't see any scratches. Does anyone else see something I don't see?

This one might look like the shepherd has scratches...if you squint hard enough. :D 

It's from the Watchtower article 'Rejoicing Over the Sinner Who Repents'

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102014685

spacer.png

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

15 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

Thanks. In that case, it can't be the picture the sister in the broadcast was referring to. She seems to be speaking of something she found some time back. I'd like to do some more searching to see if I can find the one she found so precious to her. :crush:

9 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

This one might look like the shepherd has scratches...if you squint hard enough. :D 

It's from the Watchtower article 'Rejoicing Over the Sinner Who Repents'

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102014685

spacer.png

Like you said: if you squint at it the right way. The article you cite doesn't make mention of the bramble bush the sister mentioned either. I think I'd keep looking... :whistling:

Edited by Sheep

6 hours ago, campanula said:

2006845_univ_lsr_xl.thumb.jpg.0add0111ff7b5eb878583b964860584c.jpg

I'm  not sure, but maybe this one

Screenshot_20200205-230221.thumb.jpg.5397175c8828dab95a1bea143f9cb4cc.jpg

Hhmm. That's a good one. Now you've got me wondering... Where is this from? It looks like a painting rather than something from one of our publications. Please explain.

Hhmm. That's a good one. Now you've got me wondering... Where is this from? It looks like a painting rather than something from one of our publications. Please explain.

Our publications are full of paintings.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/w20061115/accept-jehovahs-discipline/

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

4 hours ago, Susan Cook said:

Which time of the broadcast was this made mention?

During the interview with the Overseer and his wife, about two-thirds of the way through.  

Theyhad lost seven loved ones in a short period of time and were overwhelmed with grief. :(

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

thank you everyone for your help In finding this picture.  I want to print it out and enlarge it like the sister in the experience did.  I will keep looking because I d ont see scratches on the face.  I think that is a detail that reallyl illustrates that Jehovah and jesus go out of their way for us when we are lost...by the way,,,,,this is why I think we SHOULD be allowed to ask any question bothering us and not expect to be rudely turned away.

8 hours ago, Thesauron said:

Do you know why this one study article from a 2006 Watchtower has pictures but the rest of the magazine doesn’t? Are there other cases where just one article in an older magazine is like this online? And is there any plan to make more of the images in older publications available?

Do you know why this one study article from a 2006 Watchtower has pictures but the rest of the magazine doesn’t? Are there other cases where just one article in an older magazine is like this online? And is there any plan to make more of the images in older publications available?

A number of our older articles have illustrations.

Here are other magazines with fully formatted articles from 2006:

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/w20060715/

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/g200606/

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/g200608/

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/g200612/

I’m sure the brother are preparing updates.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

19 hours ago, Sheep said:

See, dear brother Eric!

Now I do not need to answer your question.

I have someone who does that for me. LoL

"Absolute rubbish”

That's one of my go to pictures for comfort! I tap the little sheep on the head and tell him to get out of there! I need to get in my comfort zone!! However, I would love to see the picture the sister was speaking about! Quite touching, especially when she compared it to what Jehovah must have gone through! So touching!