JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Zoom, Skype Technical Q&A here:

24 minutes ago, DarinS said:

Nope ours looks different....

says something along the lines

host has offered to unmute you....

choices

unmute.....stay muted

That is the microphone consent popup (the screenshot I previously posted)

The settings to enable on the congregation Zoom account is Request permission to unmute in In Meeting (Advanced) and Request permission to unmute participants on the meeting IDs meeting options on the Meetings page (top left). Then that message will appear for participants only once.

Edited by TylerD

20 hours ago, 👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone said:

Give it time. It is there on Win 10 with Zoom 5.4.7. But it is not an icon, but rather a button on the botton. It might be they are expecting to see the familiar hand they are used to.

Here is a pic of what my screen shows.  The Participants button, the Share Screen button and now...the Raise Hand button (center right of 3 choices).

IMG_1090.JPG

I noticed the change tonight when we had our service group meeting. I was looking for the “Reaction” button and it was gone. It’s just the “Raise hand button” now. 

I like that better. Hv3 just one button to click on now. ☺️☺️☺️

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

It will depend on how many check boxes you have activated.  We don't do "chats"  The controls you show are on the host PC but we don't allow participants (my screen) to make breakout rooms.  So my control bar is much mor limited than the one you show.

I just wanted to show how changing the hand (reaction) color to black makes it hard to see. A black hand in a black box on a black screen...😉

5 hours ago, jwhess said:

Here is a pic of what my screen shows.  The Participants button, the Share Screen button and now...the Raise Hand button (center right of 3 choices).

IMG_1090.JPG

John, my "Raise Hand" is like Tony's in Post #679.

How did you get only a singular "Raise Hand" icon to appear without it being in the Reactions button popup dialog box.

IMG_1090.JPG.b0f8ab0fa74b4195fe1874ef4f490ab0.JPG
May I please ask what device this is on? Pc? Laptop? ?Mac? Surface? A tablet?
It looks very different to my layout. (Yes it was my private 'host' layout)

Old (Downunder) Tone

8 hours ago, WilliamChew said:

John, my "Raise Hand" is like Tony's in Post #679.

How did you get only a singular "Raise Hand" icon to appear without it being in the Reactions button popup dialog box.

Br. Chew, I just snapped a picture during our Midweek meeting.  I was a participant, not a host or cohost.  This is what the participants see when looking at the screen.  Br. Manfred calls it the "organizational account.  It is not my account.

8 hours ago, 👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone said:

May I please ask what device this is on? Pc? Laptop? ?Mac? Surface? A tablet?
It looks very different to my layout. (Yes it was my private 'host' layout)

emoji3073.pngOld (Downunder) Tone emoji854.png

This is a picture taken on my desktop PC running Windows 10 with the paid version of Zoom version 5.4.7

It was taken during a meeting in which I was the participant not a host or cohost.

8 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Here is my own account picture, not much different.

zoom1.JPG

Okay.Mine has still the reaction button and the organizational account on the same Win 10 PC has only the yellow hand.

I will try a little bit more . I start my privat account with the  Zoom program and the meetings with Zoom.us. Perhaps there will be a difference.

I tried to start a meeting by going to Zoom.us.

The organizational account shows the yellow hand only.

Same with my privat account (Same zoom.us side opend, same win 10 PC) = The reacction button appears.

So the difference must be in the settings.

Edited by The German

Here are the steps to just have the "raise hand" button instead of the whole "reactions" thing.  

Step 1 - open Zoom and go to "settings" (the gear icon)

Step 2 - go to the bottom of the page and open "view more settings"

Step 3 - scroll down to "meeting basics"

Step 4 - scroll down to "meeting reactions"

Step 5 - toggle the "off" button to just have the 'raise hand' feature

zoom1.JPG

zoom2.JPG

zoom3.JPG

zoom4.JPG

zoom5.JPG

This is what I have when I host a meeting - which I do often in my Zoom Chats

image.thumb.png.fdd8187b7d54c383cd7cc1610952fc1c.png

This is what I see during the meeting

image.png.4ebebd07c308b69fe35e6970aa03028d.png

Clicking on the "share screen" will generate a pop-up stating that only host and co-host can share screens

Since we tend to use the other reactions turning them off is not something I will do.

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

On 12/31/2020 at 9:58 PM, Loopy said:

I noticed the change tonight when we had our service group meeting. I was looking for the “Reaction” button and it was gone. It’s just the “Raise hand button” now. 

I like that better. Hv3 just one button to click on now. ☺️☺️☺️

Guess what? At my meeting for service it changed again. I have the reaction button back and the raise hand is bsck in there,

Eeeeeekkkk! Wish they’d make up my mind. 😁😁😁😁😁

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

1 hour ago, Loopy said:

Guess what? At my meeting for service it changed again. I have the reaction button back and the raise hand is bsck in there,

Eeeeeekkkk! Wish they’d make up my mind. 😁😁😁😁😁

Is it the same meeting ID each time? or was it a Congregation meeting one time and a meeting for Field Service the next time?

1 hour ago, Loopy said:

Well, it’s the same brother (host). I click on the URL so I dot take not of the ID and such. 🤷‍♀️

The reason I asked is, our meetings for Mid-Week Field Service, Weekend Field Service, Congregation Meetings and other Zoom meetings often have different IDs meaning they may have been launched from different copies of Zoom.  Whoever set those versions up, probably checked different boxes on each one.

Someone earlier said they wanted the "reaction" choices to be available.  Our problem with older ones and those not tech familiar is that they need the absolute simplest way to participate.  The large "hand" at the bottom helps.