JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Zoom, Skype Technical Q&A here:

20 minutes ago, Luigi62 said:

They say it in the circuit assembly Programs

This is the printed instruction as of 1/21/21

SONGS AND PRAYERS
9. Whether an individual stands for songs and prayers is a personal matter. There is no need to announce this aspect one way or the other.

1 minute ago, jwhess said:

SONGS AND PRAYERS
9. Whether an individual stands for songs and prayers is a personal matter. There is no need to announce this aspect one way or the other.

Where is that from?

2 hours ago, jwhess said:

SONGS AND PRAYERS

In Tijuana, heard there is a hall that many stand to sing with the mics on.

You can imagine the camera angle and the quality of singing via Zoom.

2 hours ago, Jmystro said:

You can imagine the camera angle

Unless one has a 2 camera set up for zoom. 

One set for sitting and one set for standing. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

On 1/19/2021 at 9:01 PM, TylerD said:

From the iPad side, not that I know of. If the person on the other end is using a Windows computer, then they could enable the Loudness Equalization sound enhancement. I just did a test using my iPad to Screen Share to my computer. The iPad does send low audio. The only way to hear it at a louder volume was to have Loudness Equalization enabled on my computer.

On 1/19/2021 at 10:12 PM, bigvince said:

@TylerD Where would they enable loudness optimization?

There is no longer that option on windows 10

8 hours ago, Luigi62 said:

Where is that from?

Instructions just for elders

27 minutes ago, WilliamChew said:

Loudness equalization is there on my windows 10 version 20H2 exactly as Tyler advised us in his post.

29 minutes ago, WilliamChew said:

Loudness equalization is there on my windows 10 version 20H2 exactly as Tyler advised us in his post.

Well, that's good to know :)

They removed this option, turns out it is back again. I searched for it recently and what I found out was that it was removed, but just checked and it's there again

Thanks

On 1/19/2021 at 3:44 PM, bigvince said:

It has nothing to do with the OS. I'm asking for an elderly sister who has an ipad, no laptop or computer, she's trying to share a video with her study but the volume comes out very low for the study.

I just tested this on my ipad, sharing to my iPhone. I heard the video well. Tell the sister to make sure the video is downloaded not streamed. That may be the issue.

New update moved to 1st Feb.

Will check out the blurred background feature.  We have had guidelines as to what is in our backgrounds on zoom, especially for those giving talks and meeting parts. However it is not always possible to alter things around at home, so blurring the background might prove a beneficial feature.

New update moved to 1st Feb.
Will check out the blurred background feature.  We have had guidelines as to what is in our backgrounds on zoom, especially for those giving talks and meeting parts. However it is not always possible to alter things around at home, so blurring the background might prove a beneficial feature.
Interesting feature....maybe no More "Screen Share" for the videos.

Share and play video files directly into meeting
The Video option under Advanced share options will allow you to choose a video file, which will be opened by Zoom and played in the meeting as shared content

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 9S mediante Tapatalk

It will be interesting how some of the new features actually work - and if we will receive directions which ones we should/shouldn't use for our meetings

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Question, an elderly sister in our congregation has no smart devices, computer, etc, just a very old laptop that is too old to be of use, and she does have internet. She has a landline. Her SGO has been bringing her the meetings from jwstream on a flash drive put into her tv. They went to use the call in number, but it's considered long distance and would be quite expensive for her. Have any of you run into this? Any option other than someone lending or giving her a device?

This was the case with various older brothers. The elders made them rethink. They all have now an internet contract with their telephone provider. Now they have WiFi. They bought a more or less inexpensive cell phone. They are now watching the program on the television (broadcasted from the cell phone).

Edited by The German

6 hours ago, bigvince said:

Question, an elderly sister in our congregation has no smart devices, computer, etc, just a very old laptop that is too old to be of use, and she does have internet. She has a landline. Her SGO has been bringing her the meetings from jwstream on a flash drive put into her tv. They went to use the call in number, but it's considered long distance and would be quite expensive for her. Have any of you run into this? Any option other than someone lending or giving her a device?

The number that was considered long distance, was it the Zoom dial in number? For my congregation, we stream to KHCONF.

Edited by TylerD

1 hour ago, bigvince said:

What does the account admin for the congregation need to do so that the host and cohost can unmute participants?

We have the setting Request permission to unmute participants enabled for the meetings. When the participant clicks Yes for consent to unmute their microphone when joining the meeting (asked only once per Zoom client), we can unmute the participant instantly for all meetings without the unmute pop up each time.

The settings to enable on the congregation Zoom account is Request permission to unmute in In Meeting (Advanced) and Request permission to unmute participants on the meeting ID meeting options on the Meetings page (top left).

Edited by TylerD