JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Sending Streaming Links

6 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I appreciate your opinion and your CO's opinion and I have my opinion. If we need to do it again I will call Service.

This forum provides a good opportunity for all of us to see how many things are done around the world. Sometimes we find out it is the same way we are doing it and sometimes its being done differently. Sometimes we need to appreciate the difference and sometimes we need to examine why its different and perhaps adjust the way we are doing it. The beauty of this interchange of information is that we are sure it is motivated by love.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

7 minutes ago, Bro Richard said:

This forum provides a good opportunity for all of us to see how many things are done around the world. Sometimes we find out it is the same way we are doing it and sometimes its being done differently. Sometimes we need to appreciate the difference and sometimes we need to examine why its different and perhaps adjust the way we are doing it. The beauty of this interchange of information is that we are sure it is motivated by love.

Thank you Bro Richard. I do appreciate everybody's opinion on things. I didn't mean to sound condescending. Let's get back to talking simply about the technology.

• 2 years later...
On 5/7/2020 at 4:59 PM, jwhess said:

Viewing the meeting is by direct invitation of the elder involved.  If you email a "blanket" invite, the receiver of the email can copy it or forward it to someone the elder does nt eve know.  This is how things end up on the social media sites.  No harm may be intended but the possibilities for errors grow when we don't follow the rules that are plainly stated...❤️

I don't see the difference between the personal invite and the blanket invite. Both can be forwarded on to others.

On 5/7/2020 at 4:39 PM, The German said:

It breaks the rules. We spoke to the CO and had to change that.

The only way is: A personal invitation to every publisher. No copies.

Sorry but I am just not seeing where it says a personal invitation to every publisher.

On 10/14/2022 at 4:48 AM, Eejay said:

Are the JW Stream invites  one use only regardless of the expiry date?

No. It can be used until the expiry date.

9 minutes ago, The German said:

sfl Chapter 20 --> JWSTREAM leaves no room for discussion.

I see where it says "should be instructed not to share the program with anyone else." I get that. I don't see where its a personal invitation should be created for each publisher who needs it.

I see it says "the elders may provide publishers and interested persons with access" but it doesn't specify how.

The S-143 tells the publisher how to make use of the invitation.

Edited by Floyd

On 10/15/2022 at 8:36 AM, The German said:

please quote the complete sentence.

"A publisher or an interested person who is invited to view a program on JW Stream should be instructed not to share the program with anyone else."

I am the elder assigned to create the invitation and send it out. I have the authorization to share the program. Nowhere does it say I have to create unique invitations to every publisher I send it to. 

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

"A publisher or an interested person who is invited to view a program on JW Stream should be instructed not to share the program with anyone else."

I am the elder assigned to create the invitation and send it out. I have the authorization to share the program. Nowhere does it say I have to create unique invitations to every publisher I send it to. 

Since the program asks for the email addresses of those to whom you are sending the invitation, I just put in their emails and it sends it to them individually.  We assigned that task to the Field Service Group overseers (so each of us get about 15 publishers or about 7 families).

7 hours ago, jwhess said:

Since the program asks for the email addresses of those to whom you are sending the invitation, I just put in their emails and it sends it to them individually.  We assigned that task to the Field Service Group overseers (so each of us get about 15 publishers or about 7 families).

They also did not intend for it to be used by the entire congregation during Covid restrictions. The intent was a handful of publishers would use it and only a handful of invites would need to be sent out. What I have been seeing is some indicating that sending out one link to the entire congregation is wrong and I believe that is going beyond what it written. I also believe it to be in harmony with reasonableness.

Edited by Floyd

20 hours ago, Floyd said:

They also did not intend for it to be used by the entire congregation during Covid restrictions. The intent was a handful of publishers would use it and only a handful of invites would need to be sent out. What I have been seeing is some indicating that sending out one link to the entire congregation is wrong and I believe that is going beyond what it written. I also believe it to be in harmony with reasonableness.

My brother don't get hung up about the mechanics. Principals rather than rules. Sending it out to each publisher is more personal and you will be able to find out if they need additional assistance rather than mass mailing. Always a shepherd first.

22 hours ago, Floyd said:

Br. Floyd, back in May 2020 you said if this came up again you would call the branch.  I was curious, did you?

"If we need to do it again I will call Service." from post #25

On 10/17/2022 at 6:51 AM, Floyd said:

On the technical side of things, the individual invitations allow the systems to approximate the number of streams, is the stream fully watched, and all those individual links are connected with your congregation. Benefiting the Branch and Organization in plans for the future

By following the directions in the help section of the Invitation section, you will produce individual invitations, giving the desired results of those producing this spiritual food.

Your Brother

Dave

5 minutes ago, dljbsp said:

By following the directions in the help section of the Invitation section, you will produce individual invitations, giving the desired results of those producing this spiritual food.

The Help section says:

Fill in the name (4) of the person you want to send the invitation to.

Add the e-mail address (5) that the invitation needs to be sent to.

Click the Add button (6).

In order to add additional users to the invitation, repeat steps 4 through 6.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

17 hours ago, jlocke said:

Principals rather than rules.

That is exactly what I am saying. Don't say something shouldn't be done when there is no clear rule against it. Covid changed how we do a lot of stuff during that time. I don't see why some don't get that. When circumstances change principles should be followed. The goal was to make sure everybody in the congregation could view the assembly. That was accomplished. The other goal was to tell the friends that it should not be shared. That was accomplished as well. The spirit of the law was followed.

I made a suggestion and suddenly a lot of people are saying we did something wrong when NONE of the other elders on the body thought so AND the CO thought it was a good idea to save time and work. No I didn't call Service because nobody else on the body thought it was necessary but if somebody still has doubts please do so before telling me we did something wrong. Principles rather than rules. What we did was very reasonable. I think I need a beak from this forum. A lot of judging going on here. No reply needed.

3 hours ago, Floyd said:

What we did was very reasonable. I think I need a beak from this forum. A lot of judging going on here. No reply needed.

The road to life can get a little crowded at times, we don't push and shove but we might accidentally step on someone's toe. The important thing is for everyone to smile, apologize and keep moving. We apologize for stepping on your toes and we will see you again down the road..

19 hours ago, dljbsp said:

On the technical side of things, the individual invitations allow the systems to approximate the number of streams, is the stream fully watched, and all those individual links are connected with your congregation. Benefiting the Branch and Organization in plans for the future

That's an interesting thought, have you been able to confirm that information? It seems that if the brothers were interested in tracking the number of hits to the site that it wouldn't matter if there were multiple individual invitations generated my the Invitation Manager or a single invitation that gets replicated.

22 hours ago, Tortuga said:

The Help section says:

Fill in the name (4) of the person you want to send the invitation to.

Add the e-mail address (5) that the invitation needs to be sent to.

Click the Add button (6).

In order to add additional users to the invitation, repeat steps 4 through 6.

Maybe a picture would make it clear.

jss help.JPG

On 4/12/2020 at 11:52 PM, Qapla said:

Some suggest you actually place the email addresses in the "BCC" address line instead of the "To" line so each person gets a "personal email" and you are not sending everyone's email address to everyone on the list

Of course, it can’t be used with JW Stream (it’s built in 😃) but if someone is sending a group email (like school overseer sending meeting program) the advice above is excellent for at least 3 reasons:

• It’s more personal (already mentioned above)
  • you eliminate the risk someone will “reply to all” and everyone know that sister x can’t have her assignment because of y
  • If someone stops being a brother/sister they won’t have email list of all publishers 

🙏 Thank you! 🙏