JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Experience relating to Sysco company - Need verification

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1423 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Dear all

I received this experience from a brother and it is already circulating around here... I wanted to know if anyone has heard this and can verify its authenticity...

Thanks

It goes something like this;

This experience is true because it was told to me by a family member of a great friend of mine. Because it is so encouraging I share it with you.
It came from Florida USA

"My sister-in-law and her husband had an LDC meeting this morning via zoom and this experience was shared.
The big company Sysco had a truck full of refrigerated food that they always delivered on cruise ships. But since they can't make these deliveries, they asked someone who worked at Sysco to call Jehovah's Witnesses to ask if they would like the food.
So they contacted our Assembly Hall in West Palm Beach so a brother contacted another brother in Miami who has a warehouse with great refrigeration. All this food was donated for free.
The brother at this morning's meeting mentioned that the food that goes to these cruise ships is always of the best quality.
This opportunity was just in time!
Many brothers and sisters there in Miami are having trouble finding and getting food, but now they have a lot.
Our loving heavenly Father Jehovah always supplies and cares for his people. "

Thank you! It seams that the story is probably true
It doesn't matter, if Sysco motives were tax write-off, in the end our brothers benefited from it :wink:

It was the cruise liner company that got the tax write off...not Sysco.... the cruise liner asked who could accept all this food because they couldn’t keep it because it would just be wasted hence someone at Sysco recommended call JWS

Although I have not heard the details of this experience from any official source - I did come across something that would tend to add validity to it ... On the job today, one of the other people working (non-JW) was telling me about his wife. She is part of a not-for-profit that was started to give food to those in need. They are getting the food by the semi-truck load for free. The trucks are food that was originally slated for theme parks in Florida. The food is already paid for, cannot be returned and the parks don't want to have to deal with it - so, they have donated it to this cause.

Since this is a verified situation that closely fits the experience in the OP - I would not doubt that the cruise industry is in the same situation as the theme park industry in that they have already paid for goods they can no longer use but are not in the position to distribute it themselves - so they give it to someone who can.

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Our local grocer had boxes and boxes of potatoes,  couple weeks ago they went for 7.00 for 50 pounds. MH got a box (oh goodie, now I have to process them!). Now they're giving boxes away. 

Could see this for a while, until it all evens out.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

• 2 weeks later...

Yes we have had them drop off food - it is not the first time - they have a warehouse down the road 

also Cheney Brothers for food

last year we also had 2 tractor trailer loads of ladders (little Giant) dropped off - some local brothers (2 friends of mine)

have a App/website that reviews tools and gives them away daily - WTI - What Tools inside

they get vendors to donate to disaster relief -  and they have taken tools to several different disasters in the recent years

(Carolinas - Puerto Rico - PanHandle Florida - Bahamas)

it was great seeing pallets of ladders in Bahamas late 2019 - early 2020 - all donated (Abaco, Freeport, Nassau)

Here is a pic of them being used in the KH/AH

another brother (Paul) in Michigan on IG as Toolpig also has gotten tools and supplies for Disaster Relief - 

In Puerto Rico DRC we had  many tools from Makita and many levels (sets) from Stabila - that he facilitated

image.jpeg