JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Who We Want To Meet in the New System

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 997 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

On 6/10/2020 at 5:22 AM, Wren said:

Well i've had it with relatives...so at least for today, someone I'm not related to. I don't want to wait in the Noah queue, so maybe one of his sons.

Abraham, Terah, Sarah - I'd like to know more about daily life in Ur

Might be a Fastpass option for really spiritual people 😇

• 1 month later...
On 6/8/2020 at 8:45 PM, Emily Mucklow said:

talk about who and why you want to meet in the bible or in family.

Noah's mother. I want to find out if he had a toy boat when he was a kid..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 hours ago, Luigi62 said:

Was the ark noah built the first "boat"?

Probably not. If we assume that people made boats or rafts to fish and travel then Noah didn't build the first floating structure, however the bible calls it an ark.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 4 months later...

Abraham Lincoln : The book Lincoln: The Biography of a Writer is one of my favourites. It helped me to enhance my love for the Bible. I would love to sit at his feet and listen to the stories he tells so well. 

Mahatma Gandhi : Just finished reading his biography. I would like him to help me be a better version of myself, in a flash in a twinkling of an eye.

1 Cor 15 : 52

Edited by Mclove

Shem.

Lived before and after the flood. Find out if he was indeed Melchizedek. See what he thought of Nimrod and the Tower of Babel they built to be taller than any flood waters Jehovah might send again (even though he made a promise not to) and to actually attack the heavens! Get the lowdown on the nephilim. How was life on the ark for all that time? Did methuselah have much to say about Adam or Enoch? Did you meet Isaac? How did life before and after the flood compare?

So many questions. He’s probably best to avoid me at all costs!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I cant wait to see Giovanni again.. He died on Thursday... A handsome and smart little boy... My sisters 6yrs old Bible student... Although his parents weren't interested.. He loved Jehovah very much.. The last question he asked during his study was about an account in Ezekiel.. Can you imagine a 6yrs old boy choosing to read the book of Ezekiel in his personal Bible reading? I know Giovanni will come back.. It's a promise from Jehovah..

• 2 weeks later...

I can´t wait to meet David, Joseph, Abigail and Hannah...there were details in their lives I can identify with, and I´d love to talk with them about it....also Ruth, because I think she would be a very loyal friend :crush:

Also Evy, a very beloved sister and friend of mine - she died of cancer in 2016.

My grandma, my cousin who died in 2011 (at the age of 37).

I´d also like to meet

• Whitney Houston and ask her to sing something for me
  • Louis de Fynes in order to thank him for all that nonsense that made me laugh
  • Marie Fredriksson because my whole youth was influenced by her music
  • Charlie Chaplin - he died 1 day before I was born...I find that interesting :laugh:
  • David Prowse - just because I´m curious to meet him. :D

Edited by coony77

Chrissy :wave:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/10/2021 at 9:41 PM, DavidMc said:

My mother. She so wanted to live to see the end of this old world. She’ll be wanting to know how her three boys and their families got on after she died. Can’t wait to tell her all about it.

I want to see your lovely dear mother Rosilla as well. She could also see the family of a sister in our congregation that she first Witnessed to when she was in the Maternity ward having your sister. This other woman became our sister in the congregation and the daughter she was having at the same time as your Mother, I believe is the sister in our congregation married to one of our eldesr with 3 children grown up in the Truth now as well.

Anniestoreystaff.thumb.jpg.9b9e76635d66225c69b4871ba8f2df6b.jpg

Here is a photograph of my great grandmother Annie Ellen Hartley nee Hargreaves - the young lady stood up in the middle. She started in 'service' (as a servant) in the kitchens of Sir Thomas Storey who was Lord Mayor of the city of Lancaster UK. She worked up until she was his head cook and she had to organize large gatherings for state meals in the city and every year she was asked to organize a dinner for all the senior citizens in the city - 900 people. She would organize the menservants in Sir T's household to prepare a big fire-pit in a town square and then roast hogs and an oxen to feed them all. Sir Thomas Storey was a kind employer - devout Quaker - compared to most factory/mine and mansion owners, so was very interested in welfare of the city citizens. She and her sister - Aunt Maud - helped him (he was a widower, so no wife as support) with many philanthropic ventures that he was able to fund.

She helped set up sports teams in the city that still exist today and the mechanics institute and schools that her own children were among the first to attend. Her training, at his home meant that she was brilliant at organizing big parties and events in our large family in the past. These parties and her cooking  were legendary, so it would be great to be part of one of her big parties in the resurrection.

She lived and died years before I was born, so I only know her from my late Gran and Great Aunts & Uncles talking about her and all she did.

Edited by retroHelen

On 4/20/2021 at 10:15 AM, coony77 said:

I can´t wait to meet David, Joseph, Abigail and Hannah...there were details in their lives I can identify with, and I´d love to talk with them about it....also Ruth, because I think she would be a very loyal friend :crush:

Also Evy, a very beloved sister and friend of mine - she died of cancer in 2016.

My grandma, my cousin who died in 2011 (at the age of 37).

I´d also like to meet

• Whitney Houston and ask her to sing something for me
  • Louis de Fynes in order to thank him for all that nonsense that made me laugh
  • Marie Fredriksson because my whole youth was influenced by her music
  • Charlie Chaplin - he died 1 day before I was born...I find that interesting :laugh:
  • David Prowse - just because I´m curious to meet him. :D

The line forms on the left.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.