JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Who We Want To Meet in the New System

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1021 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

On 6/10/2020 at 4:54 AM, Luisabola said:

I would love to meet Anne Boleyn, I love the subject of the Tudors. Imagine having a study with her!

It’s interesting because she was a supporter of William Tyndale and having access to the bible in your mother tongue. She tried to protect those that were distributing his bible. I wonder how she’ll feel knowing the bible was eventually published in hundreds of languages. 

I also wonder how well these old kings and queens will transition to paradise life...when they’re not ‘royal’ anymore. Bit of a culture shock I’d say.

I didn't know about Anne Boleyn, maybe that was one of the reasons she lost her head..... can you imagine her husband coming back and wondering which wife he would end up with... his face would be priceless 😁

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

On 6/10/2020 at 1:54 PM, Luisabola said:

I would love to meet Anne Boleyn, I love the subject of the Tudors. Imagine having a study with her!

I want to learn what life was like in tudor times. If i was friends with the Doc I would use the time machine to go back to The Tudor era.

Edited by Luigi62

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to meet Gideon! He was a outstanding judge in Israel and delivered the Israelites from their enemies. Gideon was cautious, but he courageously relied on Jehovah for support and guidance. He is a great example for us today. Of course though I want to meet every faithful and follower of Jehovah. It's funny to think about that we already know that they are our friends, even if they don't know it yet.  I can't wait to see the resurrection unfold!!!!

Honestly, there's only one personage I want to meet, well first him, then his son anyone after that is just gravy. I imagine that there may not be a lot of time for rest, and I suspect when I get there,  I'll hit the ground running considering the time frame. Maybe after the 1000 years is up, we can sit down together to have relaxation time, but up until Satan is destroyed forever, there's a lot of work to do. I just hope to keep my integrity, so I can see it and be part of it all. 

On 6/9/2020 at 5:39 PM, Mephibosheth said:

I'd like his recipe for lamb chops and lamb stew....🤣👍🏻

Don't get me started :D

On 6/9/2020 at 5:36 PM, cricket246 said:

Abel ❤️ He got to see the garden of Eden closer than most and I have questions lol ^_^

I want to know if his father had a belly button or not :D

On 6/11/2020 at 4:34 PM, Mephibosheth said:

That would take forever to talk to all those people! 

Sounds good to me....😁

I guess if we want to  talk with lots of people from the unjusts we better hurry up because we may have just 1000 yrs or less  for some of them (no guaranty whatsoever they will stay with us forever)

For some of the most looked upon characters I guess they will publish a FAQ to avoid having nothing more to do than answer all questions, some of them with no meaningful interest (like the one I posted above for Abel) :D 

Edited by jayrtom

For example

Abel's FAQ:

"For the last time, I don't know if my father had a belly button or not, I didn't look. You'll have to dye wondering"

"No, I don't know if my brother killed me with a rock or a stick. I must have been caught by surprise"

"No, I don't know how many years my father had when I was born. It's not like we were having birthdays parties and all"

"No, I don't know how many angels were protecting the entrance to the garden. It was to bright to count and I wanted to be as far away as I could"

"I don't know...."

"I don't know..."

:lol1:

On 7/8/2020 at 8:26 PM, jayrtom said:

For example

Abel's FAQ:

"No, I don't know how many angels were protecting the entrance to the garden. It was to bright to count and I wanted to be as far away as I could"

There was only 2. From when Adam and Eve walked out of eden until the flood. Right?

8 hours ago, Luigi62 said:

There was only 2. From when Adam and Eve walked out of eden until the flood. Right?

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2016282?q=how+many+cherubs&p=par#h=22

The cherubs. The example set by some of the first spirit creatures to appear to humans can teach us to endure in a difficult assignment. Jehovah God “posted at the east of the garden of Eden the cherubs and the flaming blade of a sword that was turning continuously to guard the way to the tree of life.”[2] (Gen. 3:24) 

[2] (paragraph 12) The Bible does not say how many cherubs were assigned to this task.

image.png.610a21268f3c5b94b2affe9bc58943bc.png

Edited by jayrtom

• 1 month later...

I was thinking about just this morning, and thought about meeting Adam's children, especially Abel. Why? Because surely he and his siblings saw things happening that shouldn't have happened had their parents obeyed Jehovah. And as I understand it or maybe understood it, the tree of life continued to stand until after the flood? So surely Adam's children had questions or opinions. I wonder too if Abel and his siblings might've inwardly lost respect for their parents? 

Either way, it must've been very hard on the children and their children and so forth.

8 hours ago, Luezette said:

I was thinking about just this morning, and thought about meeting Adam's children, especially Abel. Why? Because surely he and his siblings saw things happening that shouldn't have happened had their parents obeyed Jehovah. And as I understand it or maybe understood it, the tree of life continued to stand until after the flood? So surely Adam's children had questions or opinions. I wonder too if Abel and his siblings might've inwardly lost respect for their parents? 

Either way, it must've been very hard on the children and their children and so forth.

That’s a lovely thought. Adam and Eve must have had loads of children. It would be so nice to study with them and see their take on their mum and dads actions. They must have loved their parents but I wonder too if they lost respect as they realised the gravity of what they did. Very interesting studies we would have with them. 

Would be interesting to speak to the last of the Christians who were faithful after the 1st Century, and asking them about how the Great Apostasy began, the individuals, Elders in their congregations, the climate and behaviour of the early congregations as a whole after the last of the apostles died, and how it lead eventually to the Council of Nicaea after 200 years.

Edited by EccentricM

2 hours ago, countrykaren said:

I absolutely can’t wait to see my Nanna and grandad that will be my best joy in the whole world I’m crying just writing this

Aww for sure our dead loved ones will be amazing to see again. I can’t wait for you to see them too! Not long now! Imagine all the things you can tell them.

• 2 weeks later...

There are two sisters I really want to meet. One lived in my current territory, so many people I met in the ministry loved her and spoke of her so fondly it made me wish I had known her. The other had her experience in the WT magazine. She was a teenager and I read about her when I was coming in the truth. I was 19. She was dying of cancer and the assembly was coming up and she was very upset she couldn’t go. She longed to attend, she died not long afterward.  I think of her each time we have an assembly. In my heart I always take her with me and one day I’d like to tell her that. 

Oh so many, but on the top of my head, definitely David, and yes Goliath (hmm, I'm sure Goliath will probably talk to me and us with his head hung low since he bragged so much, lol). 

Also, Joseph since he was sold, and then lied on by Potiphar's wife, jailed, and then Jehovah blessed him. Also, by watching the video ("Not Alone") and seeing how Joseph held no grudges against his brothers. 

This taught me and is still teaching me that no matter what it is I've gone through, is going through and will go through Jehovah is VERY AWARE!! 

My job is simply to serve Jehovah faithfully! Period.

Oh wait I forgot. I would like to meet and speak with the "vast mixed company" that came out of Egypt with Moses by Jehovah's hand. 

Oh my, what thoughts must have went through their heads as they journeyed on. 

And also the Israelites who saw Pharaoh and company getting closer to them, then witnessing Jehovah, through Moses, parting the Red Sea thus saving his people. Oh the thoughts and feelings they must've experienced! And what conversations we all would have with them!! Oh my!! 

I can forget David, I want to meet Bathsheba, is she still married, might she be interested a different older man? and then I wajke up and all is wanderful.*  

* Actually that is joke I want to meet Abigail. 

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

• 3 weeks later...

Jacob. I would like to ask him why he didn't take his beloved wife Rachel's body to the cave at Machpelah.

Jacob left bethel with Rachel alive on a 30 miles journey to Hebron but then Rachel died and she was buried North of Jerusalem in Benjamin's territory near zelzah, so Jacob was less than 30 miles away from Machpelah.

Even if custom or the heat dictated a quick burial then I would like to ask why Jacob did not go back for her. 

The Jews say Rachel's grave is just outside Bethlehem and there is a place marked as such but the Bible clearly says it's near zelzah, North of Jerusalem.

Leah was buried in Machpelah.

I feel sure Rachel may be asking Jacob some pointed questions when resurrected 😳😉

Edited by Darren G