JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Vallow, Daybell "What happened to the children?"

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1502 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I am watching this episode of Dateline NBC. 

It’s about the missing children from Idaho. A family member is saying the mother, who is being looked at as a main suspect, was saying that they were preparing for the end of times and that they were of the 144,000 and coming for the remaining. 

pretty crazy

ITS on NBC RIGHT NOW

Edited by Shawnster

We've been following the case since late last year.  Is the Dateline program the same one that was aired originally a few months ago?  The one we watched was before Lori Vallow was arrested.

Here is  link for those who aren't aware of the news story:

https://abc13.com/lori-vallow-chad-daybell-children-missing-kids/6142521/

I don't know...I didn't see any prior investigative show. I have followed the news tho.

Lots of interesting details...like how the new hubby's wife died suspiciously, first husband shot, kids missing, and how new hubby's beliefs about the end and zombies taking over the kids bodies...just really crazy stuff.

Both in jail now. Apparently their beliefs is the end or the second coming was going got be this July 22.

So yes...both trial date is in July LOL

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A story ive been following since the beginning of the year is one of a Idaho mother named Lori Vallow, her kids have been missing for a while. She has been taken into custody for a while, but unfortunately... the remains of her two children were found in her new husbands back yard yesterday. Chad Daybell was arrested. 

4 minutes ago, Bro Richard said:

Ok. Why did I need to know this?

Maybe you're just not the type to follow news stories like this one. I have for the entire year. So it meant something to me when I saw this break yesterday and I wanted to share. And this is the News and Current Events sub.

Edited by AllThingsNew!

I’ve been watching this one too. The whole thing is just sketchy, insane, and sad.

They’re referred to as the doomsday couple. Apparently she believed or believes she’s part of the 144,000.

https://www.thecut.com/2020/06/doomsday-couple-chad-daybell-lori-vallow-what-to-know.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, AllThingsNew! said:

Maybe you're just not the type to follow news stories like this one. I have for the entire year. So it meant something to me when I saw this break yesterday and I wanted to share. And this is the News and Current Events sub.

Finally! 

It's a relief, sad as it sounds, that the remains were discovered.  Now justice can proceed. 

The police knew where to dig.  It was only a matter of time before they had all their evidence together. 

Let's see what the two have to say now. Wonder how quickly they turn on each other. 

Dateline did this story two or three times. Very unusual as no arrests had been made. Chad Daybell and Lori Vallow appear to be the worst of the worst. They flaunted themselves on TV in so many ways. I am glad there is no burning hell, but if....:(

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

9 minutes ago, sunshine said:

So are they saying the murderers or the poor victims were Jehovahs Witnesses?

NO!

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

5 hours ago, sunshine said:

So are they saying the murderers or the poor victims were Jehovahs Witnesses?

No. 

The two suspects belong to a cult that broke away from the Mormon church. This cult believes 144,000 select ones will be saved on judgement day which is July 27 this year. 

The two suspects call themselves translated beings and believe they are part of that 144,000

23 hours ago, BenJepthah said:

I wonder if their basis for date if the End of the World is the same as the interpretation of the Mayan Calendar which claims  the world will end June 21st ? The summer solstice. 

I thought the end according to the Mayan calendar already came and went a few years ago. Are they at it again?

This is why it’s a bad idea to put a date on the end. :coffee:

Horrible couple. How do these kooks find each other?

Edited by Pjdriver

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

32 minutes ago, Pjdriver said:

I thought the end according to the Mayan calendar already came and went a few years ago. Are they at it again?

This is why it’s a bad idea to put a date on the end. :coffee:

Horrible couple. How do these kooks find each other?

I thought it did too. 🤷‍♀️

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”