JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2020 Governing Body Update #4

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1398 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 hour ago, runner92 said:

I’m following all guidelines, and I appreciate all the direction. At the same time, it’s all just really depressing to me. I’m tired of being in the house, not doing much. It’s just a hard pill to swallow. 

I don't just stay home all the time. I would be tired of being in the house too. I don't know about where you live, but here they are cautiously restarting things. But for some time the government has been recommending we go out for a walk, so long as we observe the physical distancing rules. I go for a hefty walk every day, if not to get some exercise, just to get out of the house! And according to the government's recommendation, I always wear a mask. Can you go for a walk where you are?

On the other hand, the opportunities during the pandemic are to show love, share joy, cultivate peace, develop patience, extend kindness, demonstrate goodness, have faith, maintain mildness, practice self-control. For these things show we are Gods people..Galatianish 5:22-23

Edited by Bro Richard
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

5 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

Yes I agree ... the elders here of course would be in constant communication with you fellas over the ditch - but what I found interesting ... is that many of those assigned to carts are elderly or vulnerable. When our elder approached us about going onto the schedule  - Tom said we are still vulnerable and would like to take more time. 

We are allowed to act 'normally' like pre-covid - but we are still keeping our visiting to couples only who live near us ... I don't trust it yet - as 'no covid19 cases' are based only on those being tested and lack of presentation to hospitals.  Caution is needed ... so agree with Brother Morris.

And you can agree with me too sis. If so, I agree.

6 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

Tom said we are still vulnerable and would like to take more time. 

I am glad to see your very mature and discerning attitude. 

I was in a similar position where one elder suggested if I may help "very elderly couple- with long history of medical problems, " taking them to our house to view Zoom meetings as they do not have electronics to connect.

I replied: My wife works in Age Care Facility - high risk. (we had outbreaks in several facilities)

I work in high risk areas (my company does some Covid-19 related services as part of many services)  ...and I am not willing to expose them to high risk environment, sorry can't do it, not right now - my answer.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

11 minutes ago, Sheep said:

I don't just stay home all the time. I would be tired of being in the house too. I don't know about where you live, but here they are cautiously restarting things. But for some time the government has been recommending we go out for a walk, so long as we observe the physical distancing rules. I go for a hefty walk every day, if not to get some exercise, just to get out of the house! And according to the government's recommendation, I always wear a mask. Can you go for a walk where you are?

I ride my bike. But its just the shut down of regular life. I'm scared to function outside half the time. I had to take the trash to the dump and their requiring payments again. I don't want people breathing on me or around me, and it made me so mad that the man didn't have a mask on, even though I did. I don't know if I'll mentally be able to live like this for long. 

2 hours ago, runner92 said:

I don't know if I'll mentally be able to live like this for long. 

This is definitely a test that we don't feel prepared for however we do have the example of Joseph, who was doing great one day and in jail the next. Unexpected tests befall us all but the answer is the same for us as it was for Joseph. Rely on Jehovah. 

Edited by Bro Richard
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

14 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

I am glad to see your very mature and discerning attitude. 

I was in a similar position where one elder suggested if I may help "very elderly couple- with long history of medical problems, " taking them to our house to view Zoom meetings as they do not have electronics to connect.

I replied: My wife works in Age Care Facility - high risk. (we had outbreaks in several facilities)

I work in high risk areas (my company does some Covid-19 related services as part of many services)  ...and I am not willing to expose them to high risk environment, sorry can't do it, not right now - my answer.

Yes, so this shows that even direction to 'resume' things does not cover all circumstances and potentials ... in line with Brother Morris we cannot take a casual attitude until there is a vaccine ... lives DO matter ... not based on what the general consensus is for our area, but on how quickly it changes.

Honestly - my initial response to Tom saying that - as I heard him speaking to the elder on this matter, I thought aww Tom I want to return to the carts ... it was only after I reasoned on it and realized that for once, Tom was right!! haha - not really he's right very often ... and he's right to be cautious and today Brother Morris confirmed Tom's decision ... so very proud of that man.

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

22 minutes ago, runner92 said:

I ride my bike. But its just the shut down of regular life. I'm scared to function outside half the time. I had to take the trash to the dump and their requiring payments again. I don't want people breathing on me or around me, and it made me so mad that the man didn't have a mask on, even though I did. I don't know if I'll mentally be able to live like this for long. 

Sister Gabby ... my father once said to me and i hold to his saying because he wasn't a witness, so he had really thought this out ... He said: "Amanda, it's not a true sacrifice unless it hurts" --- and I've thought on that ... it's easy to give when it's easy to give ... it's easy to be a friend when it's easy to be a friend, and it's easy to worship Jehovah when it's easy to worship Jehovah.  But when it's hard, when we are giving up things we love, if we are scared about what may happen, and fearful (courage is only there in the face of fear) and even if that thing is freedom  as so many of our brothers and sisters are doing to the point of being in prison ... are we still prepared to carry on pure worship? Or is it too hard? Is it too painful? We don't invite or relish painful situations ... but Jehovah can and does help us to project ourselves into the new system as we are encouraged to do in one of the morning worships. Focus on doing what you love without interuptions or without risk in the New System - our home is there waiting for us ...you can endure sweetheart ... perhaps not on your own strength, but always on Jehovah's. xxx

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

3 hours ago, runner92 said:

I’m following all guidelines, and I appreciate all the direction. At the same time, it’s all just really depressing to me. I’m tired of being in the house, not doing much. It’s just a hard pill to swallow. 

The new world will be here before you know it! And then you can sleep in the forest 😊

1 hour ago, Stormswift said:

We are back to carts here in NZ and 'safe' RV work. But that, could at any time, be revoked.

I was thinking that you all may be the first in public ministry due to you all stopping the spread of the virus. When did you all get the word?

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

A week ago - but it is with caution and the only public ministry are the carts ... and RV's we discern are okay with us calling and aren't vulnerable.

I have to say even though this has been okayed by those with authority - I'm not yet comfortable with it ... due to our vulnerability and perception of others who may be vulnerable. Just holding back a few weeks to see where everything goes.  We can only do our very best each one according to our circumstances, ay?

Edited by Stormswift

3 hours ago, AH173 said:

I was thinking that you all may be the first in public ministry due to you all stopping the spread of the virus. When did you all get the word?

The decision came on 11 June through our Branch. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Here is Australia, the Government has increased unemployment payments, since everything's shut down.

The churches are also shut down, so the priests and clergy staff are all on this payment. The Church has 'politely' directed them to tithe a percentage of that payment back to the Church.

I'm hearing that churches around the world are madly trying to get exceptions to the Quarantine Rules.

Meanwhile, over here: We're putting up the Regional Conventions as free downloads to everyone who wants it; talks to be given directly by the GB and helpers.

Funny thing, but every other religion on earth believes that God is wherever the collection plate is.