JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2020 Governing Body Update #4

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1404 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Excellent points! 

20200619_052605.jpg

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

4 hours ago, Mykyl said:

Some very good points. Very clear how we should be responding. Wonder when it will go live on site.

It's on jw.org and the News Alert is on JWLibrary. 

Edited by Bro Richard
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 minutes ago, Bro Richard said:

Wow. It doesn't appear that the brothers expect to resume activities as soon as we had thought. We will re-zoom instead of resume....

I’m still lost in why anyone in Jehovah’s organization thought activities were resuming lol, the writing has been on the walk in sharpie for some time lol. I guess we see what we want to see lol. Ecclesiastes 6:9

1 hour ago, Willant0103 said:

I’m still lost in why anyone in Jehovah’s organization thought activities were resuming lol, the writing has been on the walk in sharpie for some time lol. I guess we see what we want to see lol. Ecclesiastes 6:9

Point #3 in the update:  "Do not develop a casual attitude"...

I just don't want anyone to suffer and die because of this pandemic in Jehovah's organization. Everyone please heed the 3 points brought out.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

5 hours ago, Willant0103 said:

I’m still lost in why anyone in Jehovah’s organization thought activities were resuming lol,

Yep, hope we go through this difficult time safe, and resume our normal activity in the future. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

438/5000

I have the same thoughts and feelings. Unfortunately in my area some brothers have died because some relatives trusted each other.

Wise and timely advice

"You can be sure that we will prayerfully analyze each step we take and that we will meet again and preach as before little by little. And, of course, we will closely monitor the situation and re-establish certain restrictions if new outbreaks occur."

7 hours ago, Willant0103 said:

I’m still lost in why anyone in Jehovah’s organization thought activities were resuming

Some I know have "reasoned" that, since the Initial Call and RV Visit videos have continued to show "door-to-door" presentations, that our return to "normal" is imminent  - we have not had any videos showing us witnessing by means of Zoom

I think this video may help many who are "tired" - understand why we should wait on Jehovah instead of adopting the impatience of this world.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

We are back to carts here in NZ and 'safe' RV work. But that, could at any time, be revoked. Especially since our nil covid case for a few weeks has been broken by UK travelers who returned to NZ for a funeral ... left (with permission of Govt) quarantine before time without testing ... and traveled amongst the population from Auckland to Wellington ... apparently without stopping or interaction with others - which is being disputed - means our status quo could change at any time.

They were/are covid19 positive. 

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

3 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

We are back to carts here in NZ and 'safe' RV work. But that, could at any time, be revoked. Especially since our nil covid case for a few weeks has been broken by UK travelers who returned to NZ for a funeral ... left (with permission of Govt) quarantine before time without testing ... and traveled amongst the population from Auckland to Wellington ... apparently without stopping or interaction with others - which is being disputed - means our status quo could change at any time.

They were/are covid19 positive. 

We have new outbreaks in Melbourne as well, and some fear second wave ...it's so wise to follow GB's directions right now. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Yes I agree ... the elders here of course would be in constant communication with you fellas over the ditch - but what I found interesting ... is that many of those assigned to carts are elderly or vulnerable. When our elder approached us about going onto the schedule  - Tom said we are still vulnerable and would like to take more time. 

We are allowed to act 'normally' like pre-covid - but we are still keeping our visiting to couples only who live near us ... I don't trust it yet - as 'no covid19 cases' are based only on those being tested and lack of presentation to hospitals.  Caution is needed ... so agree with Brother Morris.

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."