JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Minsk Experience. (Looking for 2nd Confirmation)

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1486 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The other night my Aunt heard an experience, and forwarded it to me. I only have the one confirmation, so I'd be grateful for a second. (Not that I doubt my Aunt or her friends, but I'm a little leery about sharing experiences without making sure.)

My Aunt is friends with a sister who's parents are part of the Minsk Congregation in Belarus. About a month ago, their congregations got a letter from Bethel telling everyone to buy 60 litres of water. They thought the announcement was worldwide, like go-bags, because the Elders kept checking with everyone: "Have you bought the water yet?"

No explanation was given, just insistence that they had to stockpile drinking water.

Then, just recently, this hit the news.

https://www.intellinews.com/fresh-water-system-in-minsk-collapses-186248/?source=belarus

43 minutes ago, Victoria said:

I will try to find out if it's true.

I really don't understand how brothers could know that something would happen in a month.

Hello Victoria lovely to see you. Haven't caught up with you in a while. Much Love to you and your family.

A contamination may have already started months ago ... Jehovah  may have seen it - or if it's deliberate - he may have seen what's going on behind closed doors. I don't think the Brothers knew ... but possibly led by Holy Spirit?  Or just pure co-incidence ... we were urged to make sure our emergency kits were up to date - through an announcement from the stage - then a little while after a 7.4 earthquake hit North of NZ no damage this time but who knows what is heading our way?  In this system all options are on the table unfortunately - so the message was more than likely timely. 

I remember an experience from Brother Dan Sydlik - he talked about how the society wanted to purchase a certain building but someone offered a higher price and they got it - turned out the piles need doing ... would have cost the society more than they intended - and the funny thing is the owner fixed it all up and the brothers ended up buying a much better building. So Jehovah does see things we don't obviously - and if it fits into his will - he will certainly move things for the outworking of his spirit.

Will be interesting to see if this is substantiated. Either way though - thanks goes to Jehovah for moving his people to have foresight in being ready for anything whether he knew anything or just coincidence.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

3 hours ago, Victoria said:

don't understand how brothers could know that 

Perhaps there is a brother/sister who work for the Water district and learned about it. As soon as he/she knew, he/she informed the brothers of the situation via our internal links (elders, CO, Branch) ; the information was taken seriously by them out of concern and love for the brothers in Minsk.

3 minutes ago, Bek said:

Yes, it is true. Here are two reports in Russian on water contamination that has affected about half a million people in Minsk: 

Is the experience about the friends being told to buy water ahead of time correct?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 minute ago, Bro Richard said:

Is the experience about the friends being told to buy water ahead of time correct?

Ooops, sorry, no, I thought the brother wanted confirmation if there was water contamination in Minks. :facepalmpo2:

I have asked a brother who works as a journalist and lives in Minsk about the letter. He said he had never heard about the need to buy 60 liters, but there was a letter, which had a quote from Awake about having 5 liters of water per person as part of the go-bag. He added the letter was also supposed to be read in other parts of the world during the pandemic. 

52 minutes ago, Victoria said:

A brother in Minsk told me that they got instructions to buy not only water but food and other things. We got same advice due to pandemic. He did not hear about 60 litres either.

So I think the experience is half true.

We also got that same advice in Portugal. To buy, in a discreet way, cans of food, water and the likes. But no special quantity informed

My brothers here have said, made it clear it's not from the slave, to have extra food saved. Be prepared. Interesting. 

What's more interesting is many friends don't have much saved. Myself, I've always done it, had a full pantry. Come on over...let's cook😉

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

20 hours ago, Stormswift said:

I remember an experience from Brother Dan Sydlik - he talked about how the society wanted to purchase a certain building but someone offered a higher price and they got it - turned out the piles need doing ... would have cost the society more than they intended - and the funny thing is the owner fixed it all up and the brothers ended up buying a much better building. So Jehovah does see things we don't obviously - and if it fits into his will - he will certainly move things for the outworking of his spirit.

The official story behind this experience is in some of our publications. Try these:

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101993036#h=52

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/301975006#h=311

You spoke of Dan Sydlik as giving the experience, although it doesn't look like he was the first to mention it. I have a recording of Dan Sydlik's talk somewhere, but not in digital format. I'll see if I can get the text of his talk on this subject for you. It'll take a bit of time to find it.

Okay, let's get back on topic...

On 6/28/2020 at 9:16 PM, Stormswift said:

See the PM I sent you...

Edited by Sheep

My Neice was so excited to call me and tell me that In South Carolina the brothers are using my nephews work truck to pick up loads of fresh fruit and vegetables from the Branch that is stored at a convention center and distribute to the friends in different congregations. Made my heart rejoice!

So don’t worry! Jehovah has got this! Don’t be afraid to talk to your elders if you need help! Pray for courage! 

Let my words, like vegetables, be tender and sweet, for tomorrow these words, I may have to eat~

:uhhuh: