JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

How do you manage your weight?

I’m slightly overweight and I eat whatever I’d like to eat until I feel full.

But after I do that, I reduce what I eat and eat less of those fattening foods for up to 2,3 days, while also trying to 

take in necessary nutritions like fruit, nuts and vegetables.

And I use staircases or take a walk whenever I can... for up to 30 minutes a day, until I sweat to some degree.

That way, I can maintain my weight without having to stop eating what I want.

If you can eat as much as you want but don’t have to think about your shape, you’re blessed..I need that DNA.

Edited by Tryin'SoHardToBeSpiritual

Sounds like you listen to your body, and treat it healthy by not depriving yourself, and going on some fad diet or trend.

For me, I could use more exercise since stopping going to the gym at the outbreak of corona virus. This weather is nice, but I have noticed that since I have stopped working out regularly and spending more time online on here for eg., the scale has gone up a notch. 😜 Perhaps reducing my time on here, and getting in a pilates workout instead would help.😅

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

I've always found it hard to gain weight actually. I don't really exercise and sit in one place most of the time. Most exercise I get is that I dance occasionally.  I eat when I'm hungry and that's it, I don't have an eating schedule (where as many eat at specific "meal times").

I used to eat junk food, didn't really ever get "fat". Of course these days I only eat whole and organic foods, and snacks or "junk food" I'd like, I try to find healthy or organic version of, or make myself.

My cardio suffers though, if I do something like continuous jumping, jogging or just dance too vigorously too long, I'm soon winded in just a couple to a few minuets. That can only be fixed by me being more active, like going on walks, jogs or routinely exercising daily.

Edited by EccentricM

How do I mange my weight? Easy, I carry it around with me all the time.

I do limit my diet though, I avoid any foods that are labled 'natural', 'gluten free,' 'fat free', 'healthy', 'organic', low carb', 'low sodium', low calorie', 'range fed' 'light'or 'lite' .

Needless to say I carefully avoid 'organic bacon.'

Edited by Old

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

5 minutes ago, Old said:

I have no trouble managing my weight, I just carry it with me all the time.

I pack it evenly around my waist so I stay balanced...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Now that I'm working from home, I lost the little exercise I did manage to get from walking to and from the train station to my office, so I recently joined an online exercise plan, that I am actually enjoying. I've never felt comfortable at a gym, being overweight and uncoordinated, but I am loving the positivety of this program ("progress, not perfection"). I still need to address my diet, but one change at a time. 😊

19 minutes ago, Sylv said:

I still need to address my diet, but one change at a time

I started by breaking my addiction to peanut M&Ms. Then I worked on my craving for salted peanuts and my coffee habit. I'm slowly working towards a fruit and vegetable diet.

Edited by Mephibosheth
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I'm a "rather starve than exercise person!" So it's simple, overeat one day? Fast the next! Well, you can actually interpret that to mean skip breakfast, light lunch. It works for me. And it's what you eat, as well as how much.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I started by breaking my addiction to peanut M&Ms. Then I worked on my craving for salted peanuts and my coffee habit. I'm slowly working towards a fruit and vegetable diet.
I absolutely refuse to give up coffee!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...

It's always been hard for me to put on weight. I would think the biggest thing to losing weight is dieting, even moreso than working out. You can workout as much as you want, it's easy to gain those calories back fast by eating afterwards.

So you really need to find out how many calories you should be eating per day in order to lose weight. 

• 4 months later...

I watch my sugar and exercise on nearly a daily basis. I try to make it easy to follow. Sometimes I allow myself to snack; other days I don't. 
You shouldn't have to stop eating the things you like to lose weight, but you may sometimes want to analyze the calorie, starch or sugar intake of the things you like and maybe look into similar alternatives if they're too high in these, such as making your own tomato sauce if all the pre-made ones contain added sugar.
There's usually a healthier way to make most of your favourite foods.

I've also been taking advantage of my David's wii and playing wii fit, even making up workouts that revolve around abs or high intensity cardio.
Great way to track progress.

Also, @VisualizeUrParadise do you guys have an app called LIfeSum over there in Korea? 
It's a great way to keep yourself aware of your calorie intake and daily exercise.