JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Research Guide button on the Menu

Hello my brothers and sisters!

Dilemma alert!

Do all of you have the new Research Guide button on your menu? I noticed the Always Rejoice Sat Morn Part 2, and in the demonstration for how research can be done, it was there. On the screen (Jw Library), it shows a “research library” button. I don’t have that button on any of my apple products or on my Hp laptop!  

Can someone please help.?  It’s an awesome way to transition into your research without getting out of Jw library so who wouldn’t want access to it!

Thanks to all

The difference between try and triumph is that little "umph"

On 8/5/2020 at 2:53 PM, MCTDonna said:

you have to download the Research Guide first.

the button only shows when the verse has a reference available.

hope this helps

Hi - I’ve already downloaded the RG 2019, where do I download it other than in a pdf reader? I followed the exact demonstration on the video and it was no where to be found! Thanks

Voni in NC

23 hours ago, carlos said:

guidebutton.jpg.e6903111a229a9807dc87136f2d03643.jpg

It doesn't appear on all verses, just those that have entries in the Research Guide. In this case, it's Exodus 14:13.

Hi Carlos! I followed the instructions in the video step by step, it didn’t populate for me on any device! 

Voni in NC

The difference between try and triumph is that little "umph"

4 hours ago, outwalkin said:

How would you do that?

Sr. Carole, go to the Study Bible in your JW Library app.  At the top of the screen (page) you will see an icon that is the "cloud" download icon that I show in the first picture.

Click on this icon and a box will open.  If you have any media already downloaded, they will show as either Audio or Video files.  Above that area is the word CHECK.

When you click the check button the top half of the screen will shown how many files are waiting to download.  Click on them and they will start downloading.

Media1.JPG

Media2.jpg

Okay I see this now. But what are these files as I have none downloaded. Can you give an example.

They are the audio Bible, as well as video releases attached to the Study Notes. If they are not downloaded, they will stream when possible.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Okay I see this now. But what are these files as I have none downloaded. Can you give an example.

When you see the video in the study notes about walking down the road to Jerusalem or where ever, this is the file that plays that video.  When we found out that the audio file plays from a specific point (not just the whold chapter) these are the files involved.

Edited by jwhess

So how much space do these files use as I would just stream them until now.

The audio files for the whole audio Bible in English are 1.5 GB. The video files are 54 MB.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

54 minutes ago, outwalkin said:

So how much space do these files use as I would just stream them until now.

To stream every time you must be in the range of the internet access every time.  For those outside the normal range or have poor internet or want to use them at the door-to-door ministry in the rural areas, streaming does not work consistently.

17 minutes ago, jwhess said:

To stream every time you must be in the range of the internet access every time.  For those outside the normal range or have poor internet or want to use them at the door-to-door ministry in the rural areas, streaming does not work consistently.

To test your setup, go to Luke 10:30 and look at the Study Notes on the right side study pane.  It should show the video about the road to Jericoh.  Click on the "play" arrow and see how it responds....👍

EDIT: you should have audio and video in the research.

Edited by jwhess

19 hours ago, walkr2 said:

Hi - I’ve already downloaded the RG 2019, where do I download it other than in a pdf reader? I followed the exact demonstration on the video and it was no where to be found! Thanks

Voni, you need to download the research guide inside JW Library, the same as you download the publications for the meetings.

I prepared a step-by-step video for you: