JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Question about JW Library

Hi everyone 🙋🏽‍♀️... Recently, I’ve had trouble downloading/updating my JW publications in the app. Has anyone else experienced that? I’m not able to get the August WT Study Magazine not the latest My Christian Living Workbook. 🤷🏽‍♀️ I don’t want to delete the JW app and re-download because I’ll lose all my personal notes, tags, etc. Can anyone help?

Hi sister Denise, welcome to JW Talk :welcome:

You might try to backup your data using the 'Personal Study' feature and click on the cloud icon, this should save your notes in case you need to re-install.  Also check support  https://www.jw.org/en/online-help/jw-library/

I notice you are from Saint Louis, I took my family to the International Convention last year and we really were treated in a wonderful way,   so it was a special reminder when I saw your location.

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

Many friends have found that if they delete a publication they had downloaded and then download it again, it seems to refresh the connection and the new publications show up.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

All 3 suggestions are very good.  I personally had great success with Br. Richard's note about deleting a pub and the retrying the download.  If not, then closing the app, re-opening the app and then try downloading again.

I would delete something common like the "Teach Us" book or a newer magazine.  Don't delete an older program or something you cannot reload later.

• 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, Qapla said:

If you are running Windows on the laptop - the JWL is available for free in the Microsoft Store

1 hour ago, My little flower said:

Bro richard  I meant to ask is it possible to install jw library app on an hp laptop? If so how?

Thanks in advance.

Only if you have windows 10