JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Matcha green tea powder

Several months ago I stopped drinking coffee and started drinking matcha green tea made from powder. Occasionally I'll add it to my yogurt, although the green color isn't always appealing in the morning..:eek:

My wife likes Matcha Lemonade and one of these days I may try a Matcha Mojito..

Does anyone have any recipes or suggestions for Matcha Green Tea Powder?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I have matcha but it tastes so bad I cant drink it so I opt for putting it in capsules😃 it's very good for you.

In yogurt? Eeew, not good either.

I'll be interested in what others come up with.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

4 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

I have matcha but it tastes so bad I cant drink it so I opt for putting it in capsules😃 it's very good for you.

I like the hot tea and it doesn't taste bad to me in a yogurt.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I normally turn it into a tea cappuccino, and I am totally loving the effects of staying awake with 50% lower caffeine. I break out with acne from drinking coffee, but matcha doesn't seem to affect me at all, so am quite happy.

There are some interesting youtube videos on how to prepare it in a dessert. Also great in smoothies, but my go-to is a quick cup of soya milk, green matcha tea cappuccino with other hints of other flavours to boost it a little bit. 😍

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

I've never drank coffee but I do enjoy tea and, sadly, soft drinks.  I must admit I've gotten a little lax since Covid.   Still, I'm drinking less caffeine than I used to.  I absolutely love AriZona Green Tea, with Ginseng, Decaf-Zero .  No caffeine and natural sweetened with honey.  

Arizona Green Tea, with Ginseng, Decaf-Zero

I can’t stand coffee. Tried it twice without success. 🤢

Tried that matcha powder too...🤢 

I enjoy tea immensely especially now that cooler/colder weather is arriving here. Caffeine in the morning, but definitely no caffeine after 12 noon or so.

Been off regular soda now for almost 2 years. 

Now I drink what is called Zevia made with stevia and no high fructose type stuff if I need a soda. 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

5 minutes ago, Loopy said:

I can’t stand coffee. Tried it twice without success. 🤢

If you don't like coffee, chances are that it was made too strong. New coffee drinkers have to be initiated slowly.  I wish I could make you one of my coffees. People like how I make it, lots of milk and sugar, so the coffee is soft and sweet.

Thanks.

I think I even tried one of those flavored coffees ( a long, long time ago ☺️) couldn’t do that either. 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

4 hours ago, M.J. said:

If you don't like coffee, chances are that it was made too strong. New coffee drinkers have to be initiated slowly.  I wish I could make you one of my coffees. People like how I make it, lots of milk and sugar, so the coffee is soft and sweet.

Have you had an opportunity to tour a coffee plantation? We toured some on the Big Island of Hawaii, we had fresh Kona coffee and Pea-berry coffee, my favorites!

(This isn't helping my decision to quit coffee...:lol1:)

3 minutes ago, Mephibosheth said:

Have you had an opportunity to tour a coffee plantation? We toured some on the Big Island of Hawaii, we had fresh Kona coffee and Pea-berry coffee, my favorites!

(This isn't helping my decision to quit coffee...:lol1:)

No I haven't toured. I'm not by any means an expert on coffee. But I seem to have a knack for mixing it well because several people have told me they like how I prepare it. Perhaps its thanks to my grandmother who taught me how to fix her coffee.

11 minutes ago, M.J. said:

No I haven't toured. I'm not by any means an expert on coffee. But I seem to have a knack for mixing it well because several people have told me they like how I prepare it. Perhaps its thanks to my grandmother who taught me how to fix her coffee.

Have you had Turkish or Greek coffee?

I use to work with a Turkish woman who liked to make coffee for me. A couple of years ago a Greek brother that I know was in the area for SKE and he made Greek coffee every morning. I loved it..

15 minutes ago, Mephibosheth said:

Have you had Turkish or Greek coffee?

I use to work with a Turkish woman who liked to make coffee for me. A couple of years ago a Greek brother that I know was in the area for SKE and he made Greek coffee every morning. I loved it..

No, I don't think I have.  I'm sorry to disappoint,  but actually not an adventurous eater/drinker. Once I find what I like, I eat the same item on the menu every single time.  -_-

• 2 years later...
On 9/8/2020 at 8:15 AM, bagwell1987 said:

I don't do anything fancy to make my Matcha Latte. I use 1/2tsp of powdered matcha, one scoop of collogen protein powder and 2tsp of my sugar/stevia blend. I mix the dry ingredients in my coffee cup then add hot water from my Keurig while stirring with a spoon. Then I add 2tsp of heavy cream. Thats it..