JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

73,200 missing in Mexico??

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1266 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

David, please provide a description of what the link is about and why you want to discuss it.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I can't read the article, I've used up my free articles for the month already. But it's a sad topic and unfortunately rather common in Mexico for people to be kidnapped and not come back. In fact, we saw it happening one day in our territory and there was nothing we could do. We never knew the outcome or who they were. 

On 10/7/2020 at 9:15 PM, Mephibosheth said:

David, please provide a description of what the link is about and why you want to discuss it.

it appears to be about a very high number of Mexicans who are missing! surely such a thing is worth sharing 

Edited by Brandon

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

appears to be about a very high number of Mexicans who are missing! surely such a thing is worth sharing 

Edited 3 hours ago by Brandon (see edit history)

Brandon .. play nice in this sandbox we call JWTalk... descriptors on links are just like labels on the tin cans in your cupboard... just makes life easier for all.... 💕

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

On 10/7/2020 at 6:15 PM, Mephibosheth said:

David, here is good reminder about why we ask for more details when someone posts just a link. Thank you for your cooperation.

https://jwtalk.net/topic/46716-helpful-reminders-for-jwtalk/

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

53 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I have no idea what descriptor is. i even looked it up in the dictionary and I have no idea what you mean. and I’m not being mean, I just come across that way sometimes.

OK, discriptions, then.  

Or, you spelled it wrong. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=discriptor&oq=discriptor&aqs=chrome..69i57.12345j0j7&client=ms-android-verizon&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

de·scrip·tor

/dəˈskriptər/

Learn to pronounce

noun

LINGUISTICS

a word or expression used to describe or identify something.

COMPUTING

a piece of stored data that indicates how other data is stored.

Regardless of understanding the exact meaning of the word, the intent was clear.  We ask members to post more than just a link.  While we are a social media site, we strive to be more than Facebook. Anyone on Facebook can share a link to a website without context or comment 

We simply would like to see more.  We want to see a conversation develop? Don't want to share a synopsis or a paragraph or two? Fine. Then tell us why you are sharing whatever link you are sharing.  What is the point? Why should I click and read? What conversation are you trying to start by sharing that link? 

Leave the hit and run style of sharing just a link with no substance to Facebook. 

Please note when I say 'you" I don't mean Brandon specifically. This is for all members to understand we want a little more substance than they may find on other social media platforms. 

On 10/8/2020 at 6:45 AM, Mephibosheth said:

Brother, the Description have to be added. I would appreciate it and everyone will appreciate it on adding the description for a link posted, however why it should be discussed is their own wish, if someone want to discuss that, they can join... I think the link will give the answer why it should be discussed.

And it is upto them who want to discuss it...

I think brother who posted it should add a description, so it can be easier for others to get an overview and initiate a discussion.

Thank you

“Just as you want men to do to you, do the same way to them.”

:backflip: Luke 6:31:backflip: