JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Construct a Sentence with the last word of the previous sentence.

Nelly Kim

Phones are an extension of one's self?  ☹️

Spoiler

https://youtu.be/-FaO76c2pmo?t=215

Connected but alone (TED talk) by  Sherry Turkle)

This is a recent shot of my daughter and her friends being together while not being together and we even text at funerals. I studied this : we remove ourselves from our grief or from our reverie and we go into our phones. Why does this matter it matters to me because I think we're setting ourselves up for trouble. Trouble certainly in how we relate to each other but also trouble in how we relate to ourselves in our capacity for self-reflection.

53 minutes ago, happiness IS said:

Phones are an extension of one's self?  ☹️

Reveal hidden contents

https://youtu.be/-FaO76c2pmo?t=215

Connected but alone (TED talk) by  Sherry Turkle)

This is a recent shot of my daughter and her friends being together while not being together and we even text at funerals. I studied this : we remove ourselves from our grief or from our reverie and we go into our phones. Why does this matter it matters to me because I think we're setting ourselves up for trouble. Trouble certainly in how we relate to each other but also trouble in how we relate to ourselves in our capacity for self-reflection.

🤣🤣🤣

Self pity is not a pleasant trait.

Day after day, we pressed on as we endeavor to reach goal of fully pleasing Jehovah.

Spoiler

*** sn song 108 Praise Jehovah for His Kingdom ***

Hail Jesus, O you faithful sheep,

Who loyally follow day after day

and all his commandments keep.

Edited by happiness IS

Left early in the day and got home very late.

(Did I miss something? I thought the "last" word to be used was "Jehovah" - then a non-sequitur post starting with "Keep:" ... not sure why the colon. Then Amos was quoted and the next person used the last word in Amos - so I just went with that)

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Late at night, he climbed out of the window and sat on the roof to look at the stars

Spoiler

image.png.b615e9227a2b9d73d436c89ecbdc5470.png

(Sorry I must have confused Sister Deborah with the spoiler. Blurred me, didn't even noticed the slip up)

THIS IS NOT PART OF THE GAME

Edited by happiness IS

oops!  My fault @Qapla.........I used the last word of the song 108.  Sorry for confusion.  Anyway, the rest of my day was ok.  LOL

9 hours ago, Qapla said:

Left early in the day and got home very late.

(Did I miss something? I thought the "last" word to be used was "Jehovah" - then a non-sequitur post starting with "Keep:" ... not sure why the colon. Then Amos was quoted and the next person used the last word in Amos - so I just went with that)

#2168)

sn song 108 Praise Jehovah for His Kingdom ***

Hail Jesus, O you faithful sheep,

Who loyally follow day after day

and all his commandments keep.

Stars, musicians and other celebrities' are often notorious for their abuse of alcohol and drugs.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Drugs being prescribed by physicians are widely influenced by pharmaceutical companies who give free gifts such as meals and samples to doctors.

Spoiler

It’s no secret that pharmaceutical companies spend plenty of money on doctors and scientists—upwards of over a billion dollars annually in the U.S. This money can range from offering doctors free pens and dinners to paying them to give talks at sponsored conferences and events.

https://gizmodo.com/big-pharma-money-really-does-influence-what-doctors-pre-1840563909 (2019)