JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

How to Beat Pandemic Fatigue

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1262 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Has living under the threat of COVID-19 begun to wear you down? If so, you are not alone. For months, people around the globe have had to adapt to living under the threat of this pandemic.

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=501100011&srcid=share

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Good points in this article. I took note of this one:

“I’ve kept almost the same routine that I had before the pandemic. I’ve replaced some of my normal activities with exercise, but I still get up at the same time in the morning. My routine takes my mind off of the pandemic and helps me to concentrate more on my family and friends.”

Well, I do everything in there, except the italicized part. That means resisting the temptation to sleep in! Oh, if only it was that easy for this sleepy body! :snoring:

33 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Well, I do everything in there, except the italicized part. That means resisting the temptation to sleep in! Oh, if only it was that easy for this sleepy body! :snoring:

Get a cat. Mine wakes me up at 5:45 every morning.🤣

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

6 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Get a cat. Mine wakes me up at 5:45 every morning.🤣

We use to have a cat that would bang on our closed bedroom door, waking us up whenever it pleased,  I solved the issue by putting up a baby gate in front of the door blocking it from doing so!

By the looks of it I need to start a new topic called How to Beat Cat Fatigue!

(Okay okay, my wife's cat likes to "lightly touch the blinds" half to one hour before her feeding time at 7 AM. If this doesn't help, there's always the next step of coming to breath on my wife's nose. I am in the clear for the latter as I feed her at 7 PM. 😅)

(She's on a diet and will get food only twice a day.)

(My wife's cat, I mean.)

Edited by LoneWanderer

To this David said: “What have I done now? I was only asking a question!”

– 1 Samuel 17:29

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2020 at 5:18 PM, Sheep said:

Yes I liked that point. I have tried to keep my routine as best as I can. I do ministry on the same days, I haven't succumbed to the temptation to take up overtime at work and I have the same rest days. Hopefully when everything goes back to relative normality it will be easier to slot back into my pioneer routine again.

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."