JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Copy of an Image from Watchtower library

This isn't the most technical way since I don't know the program all that well. But you could screenshot it and then crop the screenshot in paint to just the image you want.

Edited by Nirex

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

I’m not sure what you mean when you right click on an image there’s no option to save, because for me that feature has always existed in WOL and I’ve been using it extensively to show pictures at our meetings. You can even right click on a video or a music file to save them.

iajwt.wolprcca1.jpg.134e867821f303624c1df3d2b0e01dcc.jpg

Using the WOL I can right-click and get the dropdown box that is shown above and just save the picture

However, if you are using a Windows PC and that does not work for you - you can use the Windows Snipping Tool

image.png.b5b541c378b20f5a882ed88ab7f03d2f.png

It is a very easy app to use and it comes with Windows

This will allow you to grab what you want and save it as an image to your PC

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

6 hours ago, Hinata said:

’m not sure what you mean when you right click on an image there’s no option to save, because for me that feature has always existed in WOL and I’ve been using it extensively to show pictures at our meetings. You can even right click on a video or a music file to save them.

I guess Wil refers to the Watchtower Library on DVD, not the online version. :)

I can think of two solutions:

- Use the online version wol.jw.org and save the image from there.

- Capture the image from screen. In Windows 10 just press Ctrl-SHIFT-S, select the picture, copy and then paste it where you want.

If it is the WTL from DVD, you can do as  John mentioned, use the snipping tool.  Just click on the "thumbnail" picture in the article to make it larger, select the snipping tool (I keep a copy on the taskbar), select "new" and surround the picture with the selection box and choose the "save" icon at the top.  It will be saved as a Jpg file ready to use.

If you want to enhance the picture, Windows has a photo app (program) that will allow that.  If you want to resize or mark the photo, use the Windows Paint program.

Obviously, if you have the WTL you have Windows and all the programs or apps come free with Windows.

4 hours ago, carlos said:

I guess Wil refers to the Watchtower Library on DVD, not the online version

But he specifically said “from the online library”:

13 hours ago, 7wonders said:

Is there a way to copy pictures from the online library to display at meeting to drive a point home?

@7wonders are you referring to wol.jw.org or WT library for windows (which you either install from DVD or from an installer that you must first download from jw.org)?