JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Visit places from your armchair

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1191 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

For anyone missing travelling ( or just going further then the local store ) heres a great idea for anyone who hasn't tied it .

Some times its easy to get a bit Zoomed out so I have resisted Zoom tours but last night I registered for one called Old Brooklyn ( having my actual visit of last May cancelled, due to Covid).

It was taken by  a lovely Brother and his wife remote workers at Warwick , but when he first said the tour is 2 hours but does often go over with the questions at the end , I admit to thinking that was a lot of Zoom for me !

The tour was in 2 halves the first was explaining the History , layout and places of interest in New York with photos which was fascinating , the second half was the history , lay out and just anything else he could explain about the Buildings in Brooklyn Heights - formally owned by the Bethel , the brother had been there since his youth and then for 7 years with his wife , so had so many interesting stories and had been there the day the Twin Towers were hit .

We then got to ask questions which he patiently responded to .. and 2.5 hours later I didn't know where the time had gone .

There were 255 connections from all over the world and was a most entertaining evening .

I ma next doing one on the 10 Plagues - it really beats an evening in front of the TV.

3E07E722-3945-4461-B35E-89FB7BA115B5.jpeg

We recently do two different tours of the British museum bible time artifacts. It was presented by a Korean brother in a Mandarin congregation in London. He did an excellent job.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

6 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

We recently do two different tours of the British museum bible time artifacts. It was presented by a Korean brother in a Mandarin congregation in London. He did an excellent job.

Oh lovely , I did think about doing a British Museum tour have been their loads but I think an armchair one would be nice , thank you .

15 minutes ago, Qapla said:

Perhaps this would be a good thread to put the contact links/information to the various tours :pray: 

That would be nice as I think there is a few different companies doing them the ones iv been looking at are with :

JW trips LLC they have :

The 10 plagues - an adult and a children's version

The Gift of Music 

Live Piano Concert

Old Brooklyn

NYC food Tour - I didn't fancy this but was told it was excellent 

The Promised land - Hebrew Scriptures 

Devine Victories 

Faithful Women - Beloved and blessed

These are all in English and Spanish 

www.jwtrips.com 

33 minutes ago, Stee said:

A bunch from my Congregation did the Assyrian tour.
I thought the brother taking the tour was great!

..Next week I’m watching “The 10 Plagues tour”.

Which company was the Assyrian tour with that looks excellent ?

There is another thread on zoom tours. I’ve also enjoyed many hours of fun on zoom tours. Great way to enjoy associating with the brothers. The time difference kills me, but I am quite prepared to watch anything from 6am onwards.

Edited by hatcheckgirl

Adding link

I just got an email from a French brother. He pointed me to a couple of websites which I've never heard of. This brother understands English and so he understood what these sites are about. But he writes to me in French. Here's what he said, roughly translated:

Here is something to occupy your free time confined to your home! After several months of waiting, TV Discover Bible Lands has just released its first TV report from Israel.

https://tv.discoverbiblelands.com/

Lasting 54 minutes, we are transported to Israel in its north-western part.

With aerial images and remarkable landscapes we visit: Megiddo, the Valley of Jezreel, Mount Carmel, Mount Tabor, Nazareth, etc.

We relive in these places the biblical stories of the prophet Elijah, the wicked Queen Jezebel, the battle of Barak against Sisera, and the life of Jesus in Nazareth.

For $6.99 US you can watch this episode as many times as you want for 24 hours.

You will be surprised by the quality of the images and the excellent narration with a British accent.

The artistic images used to illustrate the biblical story do not come from our publications (presumably due to reproduction rights), they use those of the Moody religious group (Bible institute located in Chicago).

Another interesting site: https://www.drinkofferingtours.com

David and his wife live in Israel and they write interesting stories about biblical sites and the country's food culture.

For an interesting excerpt, you can watch video 005A (bottom middle). Title: September giveaway. This video lasts 11 minutes 28 seconds, but it is especially from 8 minutes 38 seconds that you can see interesting excerpts from his reports and the tone of these. He also occasionally reports live (live on location) on sites: Jerusalem, Caesarea, Tel Dan, etc.

@Maria Keerie

I’m unsure which tour group was used for the Assyrian tour, as it was booked by another sister. Not sure if it’s still running though.

The brother mentioned that as of January new tours will be running with different topics..think he said Abraham tour. 

The 10 Plagues Tour, I’ve booked myself via JW trips LLC ..Can’t wait! ☺️

4 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Loved that tour!  I think I'm addicted to zoom tours, I've done so many.  But that is not a bad thing, :wink: 

Hehe not a bad thing at all! 😄

I’m so looking forward to it!

Let’s all keep each other posted when new tours come out, so we don’t miss any. 💗

6 hours ago, Sheep said:

I just got an email from a French brother. He pointed me to a couple of websites which I've never heard of. This brother understands English and so he understood what these sites are about. But he writes to me in French. Here's what he said, roughly translated:

Oh brilliant thank you , im going to watch these tomorrow - Circuit assembly today !

5 hours ago, Stee said:

@Maria Keerie

I’m unsure which tour group was used for the Assyrian tour, as it was booked by another sister. Not sure if it’s still running though.

The brother mentioned that as of January new tours will be running with different topics..think he said Abraham tour. 

The 10 Plagues Tour, I’ve booked myself via JW trips LLC ..Can’t wait! ☺️

Brilliant , im watching 10 plagues on Tuesday really can't wait.

1 hour ago, Maria Keerie said:

Oh brilliant thank you , im going to watch these tomorrow - Circuit assembly today !

Brilliant , im watching 10 plagues on Tuesday really can't wait.

Same, I’m watching it Tuesday too! 🥰

14 hours ago, 2EVES said:

https://jwbnb.com/experiences/live-virtual-safari-tour

I zoomed a safari in Kenya yesterday at 8am. 

Wonderful , im doing this 

19 hours ago, Qapla said:

Perhaps this would be a good thread to put the contact links/information to the various tours :pray: 

Yes , I will look out on here for any suggestions , iv already got 2 more booked. from suggestions on here.

1 hour ago, hatcheckgirl said:

I'm booked for 11p. what time is yours?

Psalms 51:6 "In the secret self...may you cause me to know sheer wisdom"

2 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Id love to but iv just been on the link and its greyed out in my time zone , but the link is brilliant thank you definitely going to do these .