JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Looking for cloth masks

Hey family, I'm looking for cloth or material masks that are reusable. Specifically something with paradise images or animals similar to the ones on ministryideaz. I love their masks but they only last 20 washes, so not great for daily use. Where have y'all bought reusable masks if you have? I have disposable masks but would prefer reusable.

Most cloth masks that say they are reusable can only be reused up to 10 or 20 times. Antibacterial cotton masks are coated with a layer of an antimicrobial element that will fade away with each wash, and eventually will wash out completely. However, I have ordered a couple of masks from PEGlala, who say in an email:

Our face masks are not coated. The bamboo viscose fabric itself has inherent antimicrobial properties and does not fade away with each wash. Therefore, they should last you for a very very very long time, unless the mask is damaged physically out of shape.

It looks like my order has been slowed down in shipment, maybe because of Xmas holidays, maybe because I'm in Canada. But tracking tells me it's on its way. I'll find out if the masks are good after I get them.

Either way, these masks are just plain; no paradise images or animals. But I was attracted to these because the ear loops are adjustable, and could possibly be a better fit around the face.

Home-made masks are reusable, but not very good at protecting. That came from a Canadian doctor, although my memory is not certain of the details at the moment. He said they give a false sense of security. And, you can only reuse them a certain number of times before they're even more useless.

Edited by Sheep

35 minutes ago, Sheep said:

I was attracted to these because the ear loops are adjustable, and could possibly be a better fit around the face.

You will have to let me know how you like them once you receive them - maybe during one of the Zoom Chats

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~