JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Firm Under Opposition

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 907 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

It’s in the book Jehovah’s Witnesses Proclaimers of God’s Kingdom, page 665.

It was taken in Wewelsburg concentration camp during the Nazi regime.

"For God is the one who for the sake of his good pleasure energizes you, giving you both the desire and the power to act." Phil 2:13

Yes it was a concentration camp during the Nazi regime as you can just about make out the Purple Triangle on their clothes. 
I watched a program the other day about the Concentration camps and Jehovahs Witnesses were mentioned as one of the groups Hitler wanted to exterminate! 
Well! That clearly didn’t happen....

Edited by Jothob

It was my understanding that these pictures were taken after the war as a remembrance of the survivors and what they went through.  It was like a reunion of survivors.

Note some are wearing neckties and so on.
jv665.thumb.JPG.87cfcadd613513a0b7cc03cc8130c667.JPG

Yea, no doubt these types of pictures were not taken by the nazis themselves. We have those as well, but mainly in the form of single ID pictures.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Thank you. Yes that looks like the event. But interesting the picture in the book has a dog in the front but is missing the guard. My husband was curious about who that guard might be but I don’t think the time of this fits his thinking. Thanks all for helping me find it. Naomi 

In Germany, a special commemoration  for a special group of victims of the concentration camps is held every year in Baden-Württemberg.

This commemoration is not organized by us and is therefore particularly interesting.

This time (Wednesday, January 27th, 2021) it was Jehovah's Witnesses. You can watch the commemoration (only in German) here and download it with some devices:

https://ltbw-stream.babiel.com/wahlperiode16/2021/Gedenkstunde_OpferNS_20210127/20210127_Gedenken_OpferNS_1.mp4

I don't speak German and I only recognized a few words but it was a joy to hear Br. Erich Frost's song that was later converted into our kingdom song.  The hand painted pictures of the concentration camp added much to the visuals.  Thank you for sharing this program.

*** mwb17 April p. 6 Kingdom Songs Inspire Courage ***
WATCH THE VIDEO A SONG THAT INSPIRED LABORERS, AND THEN ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS:
• What circumstances led Brother Frost to compose a song?
• How did the song inspire the brothers in the Sachsenhausen concentration camp?
• In what daily circumstances could Kingdom songs strengthen you?
• Which Kingdom songs would you like to memorize?

Edited by jwhess

• 1 year later...