JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Record weather

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 911 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I feel like my area is in a bubble, everywhere around me is contending with horrible weather when we here on the Pacific ocean have very moderate weather. Its so horrible in many places.

https://fox59.com/news/national-world/millions-endure-record-cold-without-power-at-least-16-dead/

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Record cold in Texas and record hot in the Atlantic as much 6C-8C above normal. This is due to an anomaly in the Gulf Stream that has great impacts in the weather and climate of the world.

You can read more about it in this article. https://www.severe-weather.eu/global-weather/gulf-stream-amoc-ocean-anomaly-united-states-europe-fa/

I hope everyone is ok. Those freezing nights with no electricity would be tough.

I hope you all stay well!

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

In German news I read about the -38 weather in Texas and electricity fall out, plus a few deaths! That must be so foreign to everyone there. Stay safe!

My good friend has family there and she was showing me on Zoom last night pictures of the kids going tobogganing, but in makeshift sleds from little rubber pools. ☺️

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

29 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

I left some chocolate in the car, I hope is not frozen. Tough times we all facing in the last days. 

You should never leave your loved ones in a vehicle unattended...🤣👍

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

10 hours ago, Lieblingskind said:

pictures of the kids going tobogganing, but in makeshift sleds from little rubber pools. ☺️

Plastic clothes baskets work as sleds also, that's what they were using here in Tennessee, I have an older brother in New Braunfels, Tx., I don't talk with him much, todays news said that all roads there were closed.    B Boy Ice GIF

6 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

Plastic clothes baskets work as sleds also, that's what they were using here in Tennessee, I have an older brother in New Braunfels, Tx., I don't talk with him much, todays news said that all roads there were closed.    B Boy Ice GIF

He is break dancing pretty good too.

Sad, west Texas and part of Mexico with no electric and pipes in gas. Water lines frozen and bursting in people's homes.  People actually going inside their vehicles to warm up, pumping more gasoline.  Texas runs by wind turbines, the propellers have ice on them and to heavy to turn for power. Gas line frozen.  

Ice and the below zero temperatures, difficult situation for all. I am expecting ice and snow into Friday. More snow next Mo day too.  It's crazy weather all over the world.  

1 hour ago, Allabord4Jah said:

Sad, west Texas and part of Mexico with no electric and pipes in gas. Water lines frozen and bursting in people's homes.  People actually going inside their vehicles to warm up, pumping more gasoline.  Texas runs by wind turbines, the propellers have ice on them and to heavy to turn for power. Gas line frozen.  

Ice and the below zero temperatures, difficult situation for all. I am expecting ice and snow into Friday. More snow next Mo day too.  It's crazy weather all over the world.  

Lack of preparedness. If they lack other resources than wind turbines for energy , then they have a big problem.

Well I spent Sunday night in the cold until 3am today when my son came to pick me up after he got power again. I was fine with the cold temperatures as long as I had enough covers. Don't know if my power is back on or not. A few in my group have busted pipes in their homes. Thanks to Jehovah. 

Edited by Life4u

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

2 hours ago, Allabord4Jah said:

Texas runs by wind turbines,

the news said that texas primarily used gas

Not this report, I think the anti green politicians want you to think that!

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/02/16/natural-gas-power-storm/#:~:text=Texas largely relies on natural,demand — to power the state.

Texas largely relies on natural gas for power. It wasn’t ready for the extreme cold.

Texas largely relies on natural gas — especially during times of high demand — to power the state. Experts say natural gas infrastructure, from pumping it out of the ground to the plants in city centers, was unprepared for the plunging temperatures brought by the winter storm.

Texans largely rely on natural gas for power and heat generation, especially during peak usage, experts said.

1 minute ago, Lee49 said:

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/02/16/natural-gas-power-storm/#:~:text=Texas largely relies on natural,demand — to power the state.

Texas largely relies on natural gas for power. It wasn’t ready for the extreme cold.

Texas largely relies on natural gas — especially during times of high demand — to power the state. Experts say natural gas infrastructure, from pumping it out of the ground to the plants in city centers, was unprepared for the plunging temperatures brought by the winter storm.

Texans largely rely on natural gas for power and heat generation, especially during peak usage, experts said.

Hence our outcome! 

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

9 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

I hope the Green Politicians is not from Mars.

I talked to my brother earlier, he's in New Braunfels, Tx. ( 33 miles from San Antonio )  where the news reported that all roads were closed there, well, he drove to Home Depot and back home today  (he's 82 and  works part time there ) and his electric is still on, he was telling me the same story as the anti greenies blaming the wind/turbine, he has a mind of his own, probably why he never listened to the truth, he even studied years ago, got divorced then remarried and started going to church, as soon as I mentioned the green power he said your breaking up can't hardly hear you, gotta go, ok buy!   Call Me Phone GIF by Rooster Teeth

Doesn't warwick useclean energy sources for the most part? I know they r more prepared than most of the state governments, but still,  I hope they are all faring okay in New York. 

Edited by cricket246

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

7 hours ago, Allabord4Jah said:

This on daily mail Feb 17, 2021

Why has the world's winter gone crazy? From snow in Greece to 70% of America under ice and record drifts in Russia, the Northern Hemisphere is turning white

It’s occurring due to the deep and wide jet stream trough from the Arctic that extends down to the Gulf of Mexico, we are experiencing a destabilized climate system at play here in the Arctic.

7103A23D-3E66-40A7-A1C9-6F5A25F2C3DD.jpeg.1a9541047d5d71faa153b47a651e5794.jpeg

Just got this idea. Are there any loews or home depots by you?  If they are opened or some similar store, can you get kerosene heaters? Can you buy 2 or 3 containers of kerosene and keep it in your house not near any flammable materials, get one of those oil pours (without oil on it) to use to pour kerosene in, make sure you have a wick for it (some come with it others do not) get in a part of your house, crack open a window from the top for ventilation.  Am just saying becausec30 yrs ago I lived in a cabin, and I had no heat, so I got a kerosene heater. It was the sqaure kind at home depot for (back then) 99.00 dollars.  I bought 2/5gallon containers, and stuck them in a area of my cabin where no other flammable things were.  I pulled out the jacket for the kerosene in the bathroom of my cabin, and filled the kerosene container.  It burnt for 72 hours.  I didn't get sick from the fumes, cause I ventilated.  I did this every winter for 7 yrs.

Maybe you brothers can help other friends on how to be safe using a kerosene heater in TX and Mexico.  It may be weeks before those windmills work.  In the meantime you'd have heat.  Help the sisters, our elderly, your families.  If you have a cooking grill outside use that to cook your meals. Better then starving! 

Walmart sells various kinds, I preferred the square ones but that was 30 yrs ago. I think they cost more now, but you should have one or two.  They come in handy! 

Apt dwellers would have a hard time, they sell smaller ones.  But you have to be cautious, keep the cat, dog, monkeys, any critter away.  

34 minutes ago, Allabord4Jah said:

Just got this idea. Are there any loews or home depots by you?  If they are opened or some similar store, can you get kerosene heaters? Can you buy 2 or 3 containers of kerosene and keep it in your house not near any flammable materials, get one of those oil pours (without oil on it) to use to pour kerosene in, make sure you have a wick for it (some come with it others do not) get in a part of your house, crack open a window from the top for ventilation.  Am just saying becausec30 yrs ago I lived in a cabin, and I had no heat, so I got a kerosene heater. It was the sqaure kind at home depot for (back then) 99.00 dollars.  I bought 2/5gallon containers, and stuck them in a area of my cabin where no other flammable things were.  I pulled out the jacket for the kerosene in the bathroom of my cabin, and filled the kerosene container.  It burnt for 72 hours.  I didn't get sick from the fumes, cause I ventilated.  I did this every winter for 7 yrs.

Maybe you brothers can help other friends on how to be safe using a kerosene heater in TX and Mexico.  It may be weeks before those windmills work.  In the meantime you'd have heat.  Help the sisters, our elderly, your families.  If you have a cooking grill outside use that to cook your meals. Better then starving! 

Walmart sells various kinds, I preferred the square ones but that was 30 yrs ago. I think they cost more now, but you should have one or two.  They come in handy! 

Apt dwellers would have a hard time, they sell smaller ones.  But you have to be cautious, keep the cat, dog, monkeys, any critter away.  

This is what I had but it wasn't white:

image.thumb.png.a4c7488f11f87423aa9f5455f54de76b.png