JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1001 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Hi all,

As you know we all are members (pun intended) of a body, being in the congregation, the worldwide brotherhood of Jehovah's servants.

Thinking about this body (Romans 12), with my family, we tried to identify which part of the body are our local friends.

It was a funny thought experiment/meditation subject because we tried to focus on positive things about our friends.

Sometimes we decided we did not have enough info to associate one friend with any limb... So we need to get to know him/her more.

For instance, we have an elder would could be the "hand", he is a great asset of the congregation, he is working with the hospital committee (hand of the surgeon with a scalpel).

There is another who is an "eye", very wise, always noticing good points to improve, also he has glasses and is often smiling.

Also we discussed about ourselves, individually explaining how we view ourselves, which limb/part of the body we would be. Then compared... It was very fun and upbuilding.

I told I think I'm a "cheek" because I like to smile :D

And it helps with anything related to eating and speaking

As a servant, I serve and help the friend (distributing literature (spiritual food) for my group and helping with territories (preaching)).

:D

Which are you?

Edited by Dages

I'm a fingernail. Small, insignificant, easily removed. Sometimes I get picked on or  chewed on but I keep growing. I like to dig and I'm always scratching at something.

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

The brain.

Very complex, not too many people understand it fully. It gets involved in everything, stores a lot of infomation and always comes up with new ideas, but it physically likes to stay in one place and doesn't enjoy getting rattled.

It has the abililty to dictate the rest of the body and inform it how to move, but also realises that without the body it is nothing, seeking out mutual benfit for both parties.

Edited by EccentricM

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/what-is-the-function-of-the-human-appendix-did-it-once-have-a-purpose-that-has-since-been-lost/

"For years, the appendix was credited with very little physiological function. We now know, however, that the appendix serves an important role in the fetus and in young adults. Endocrine cells appear in the appendix of the human fetus at around the 11th week of development. These endocrine cells of the fetal appendix have been shown to produce various biogenic amines and peptide hormones, compounds that assist with various biological control (homeostatic) mechanisms. There had been little prior evidence of this or any other role of the appendix in animal research, because the appendix does not exist in domestic mammals.

"Among adult humans, the appendix is now thought to be involved primarily in immune functions...

I would like to be viewed as one trying to hold things together for smooth functioning - a ligament or tendon (I think there's around 900 of them). 

Edited by AH173

Correction

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Hmm...I'm thinking "skin". I was fascinated when I learned that it is the largest organ of the body. It's versatile and flexible. It can be smooth, yet also rough, thin, yet also tough, water absorbent, yet water-resistant. People forget it's an organ, yet it's benefits extend far and wide over the entire body. 

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)