JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

New KH design?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1017 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

New for 2021, 2022, 2023?
Or new, as in most recent way of constructing them?
Yes, that's the recent way they're constructing them. I think they started building them in 2020. The pictures are from the LDC update last September (or October?).

Sent from my RMX1971 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Karlo Esteban said:

Yes, that's the recent way they're constructing them. I think they started building them in 2020. The pictures are from the LDC update last September (or October?).

Sent from my RMX1971 using Tapatalk

I thought they'd fairly recently changed the designs of Halls... I've seen photos of them looking a bit more businesslike- glass doors in front, and so on...? 🤔

2 hours ago, Hope said:

I thought they'd fairly recently changed the designs of Halls... I've seen photos of them looking a bit more businesslike- glass doors in front, and so on...? 🤔

I heard there is going to be another option available soon.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I heard the brothers from  WHQ argue all night of how the Halls show be designed. They came up with the box design, seems eventually it failed.

No.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

58 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

I heard the brothers from  WHQ argue all night of how the Halls show be designed. They came up with the box design, seems eventually it failed.

You're funny!

The brothers didn't argue all night and the box design didn't fail..🤣

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

They came up with the box design, seems eventually it failed.

The box, flat roof design is for commercial area. There are many areas where that type of design, the decor, the materials, the construction skills and functionality of the footprint fits the area. OTOH, there are some areas that are able to use a different design that uses material and construction skills that are more available in that area.

2 hours ago, Dages said:

I know it's a gif, but what is the app used ? With all these screens ? 

I didn't use an app, I just typed in the GIF screen  ( above )" zoom meeting " ! So click on the GIF next to the smiley face on the top line.

18 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Has anyone heard of a new Kingdom Hall design?

Where have you heard about this? i'm super excited, especially that few elders friends told me that they are constructing a new Kingdom hall in the town i'm moving to!!

was it mentioned in JW.ORG ? 

9 minutes ago, Badr said:

Where have you heard about this?

I didn't say there was a new design. I asked is there was a new design..

1Sam 17:29

Edited by Tortuga

The previous "new" style was not a box or industrial.  The LDC made a strong point of making the appearance "Educational" like in a school or training center.  It made use of materials that would help prevent many of the current problems in older halls that looked like "ranch houses" (moisture. mold, etc.) With roof mounted equipment it can mitigate vandalism.  And so on, so on...

Plus the use of stronger building material allowed for longer useful life without remodeling.  It was a good use of dedicated funds.

Educational...like in Theocratic Education....🙂

If there is a newer ranch style maybe they would use steel studs instead of wood.  

Edited by jwhess