JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Another free movie like photo drama of creation for the public?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1001 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Wouldn’t it be great if the slaved used the new audio visual studio to be built to create a new drama/film like the photo drama of creation for the public? Perhaps a film on why God allows suffering.
I’m not sure if that would happen though because movie theaters would want to get paid and they probably would want more that what the slave would offer. 

Who knows. It would be great, though.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

Isn't that what all our films and video dramas already are?  They are free and available to the entire public across the globe. 

The Photo Drama of Creation featured more than just creation in it's content. It was really the story of the Bible at least from creation to Christ. An updated version could be cool.  

Of course, we are going to start having dramas about Jesus. That was mentioned at last year's Annual Meeting.  Those will be awesome. 

The Photo Drama was unique for it's time. 

Movie Theaters is so 2019 ... even feature releases are being released on streaming services along with or in lieu of showing in theaters

Our movies ARE released for streaming, for free on JW.org and Roku

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

1 hour ago, Shawnster said:

Isn't that what all our films and video dramas already are?  They are free and available to the entire public across the globe. 

The Photo Drama of Creation featured more than just creation in it's content. It was really the story of the Bible at least from creation to Christ. An updated version could be cool.  

Of course, we are going to start having dramas about Jesus. That was mentioned at last year's Annual Meeting.  Those will be awesome. 

The Photo Drama was unique for it's time. 

Yeah, I thought the same but was just thinking that if they were available to see at the theaters more people would see it vs on our website.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

Yeah, I thought the same but was just thinking that if they were available to see at the theaters more people would see it vs on our website.

Less people would, Ii think. More people in my part of the world, will stream films to the comfort of their own favourite chair.

Of course, there might be societies where more people go to the theatres, but I can not think of one.

When we’ve had live conventions in the past, we have invited the general public to come watch material on big screens with us. For free.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

More than theaters themselves I think it's the advertizing commercial movies get. Everybody knows what the latest movie by Marvel or Disney is because they see it everywhere: On bus stations, on TV, in the streets... I read today of a recent movie that cost 200 million dollars to make and 100 million in advertizing. If our videos had such publicity campaigns surely many more millions would watch them. But of course, we cannot afford to spend that amount of money in ads.

On the other hand, I remember some years ago the branch prepared a commercial about protecting children from sexual abuse and it was shown on many TV channels in the US. I am not sure if they paid to have it shown or it was aired for free as a service to the community.

3 minutes ago, carlos said:

More than theaters themselves I think it's the advertizing commercial movies get. Everybody knows what the latest movie by Marvel or Disney is because they see it everywhere: On bus stations, on TV, in the streets... I read today of a recent movie that cost 200 million dollars to make and 100 million in advertizing. If our videos had such publicity campaigns surely many more millions would watch them. But of course, we cannot afford to spend that amount of money in ads.

On the other hand, I remember some years ago the branch prepared a commercial about protecting children from sexual abuse and it was shown on many TV channels in the US. I am not sure if they paid to have it shown or it was aired for free as a service to the community.

The rough cost of streaming advertising on Australian TV networks: On channel 7, the cost for running ads of 15 seconds during the highest primetime is around $23000 while the cost of running an ad of 30-second duration comes to around $38000.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

26 minutes ago, carlos said:

In the US, the FCC looks kindly upon TV stations at license renewal time if they commit/donate time to public service announcements (PSA). Those are ads run for the public good and don't charge the advertisers.  Of course, since there is no money to be made, these ads are generally run late at night, where there is less desirable air time/ fewer viewers.

But that was the situation with our sexual abuse ad.

, czWhen the Photo Drama of Creation was shown in theaters, life was a lot different.  There was no stigma talking to Bible Students, like there is today talking to Jehovah's Witnesses.  Russell had columns in newspapers and even engaged in public debates in front of live audiences. 

The way theaters ran was different than today.  It was easier to get time or opportunity to show the Photo Drama.  Movies were not as plentiful so many audiences probably went just for the novelty of going to the movies.  Today (before Covid) there is a new movie in theaters each week. It's no longer the novelty.  Plus, theaters are about making money and may not be open to the idea of showing a movie for free (but there are exceptions). 

Odds are more worldly people feel comfortable watching our movies from jw.org in the privacy of their own home away from the prying eyes of neighbors. They can sample our message without the stigma of talking to those jehovahs. 

2 hours ago, Shawnster said:

When the Photo Drama of Creation was shown in theaters, life was a lot different. (…) Movies were not as plentiful so many audiences probably went just for the novelty of going to the movies.  Today (before Covid) there is a new movie in theaters each week.

Yeah, Photodrama was like a totally new technology. To get the same effect we would have to play our videos as holograms :)

Hmm, our organization use portable phonograms so maybe we still get to use portable hologram (projector)s in our service?

🙏 Thank you! 🙏