JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Storm in California

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 913 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Pineapple Express is a non-technical term for a meteorological phenomenon characterized by a strong and persistent large-scale flow of warm moist air, and the associated heavy precipitation both in the waters immediately northeast of the Hawaiian Islands and extending northeast to any location along the Pacific coast of North America

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pineapple_Express

Edited by happiness IS

On vacation in San Francisco. We got drenched touring the city. 🤪

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

13 minutes ago, BLEmom said:

On vacation in San Francisco. We got drenched touring the city. 🤪

Sorry about that. October is usually a great time to visit California. The rest of the week looks nice so I hope you enjoy your visit.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

6 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

Hope everybody is ok over there? 

Richard (Tortuga) is this where you live? 

I haven't heard of any damage in our area. That news report appears to show a little localized flooding somewhere, probably from plugged street drains. The rock slide was many miles away and isn't unusual for that area to have rock slides any time of year.

We just had some heavy rain in our area, it didn't even feel like a storm..

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

The storm came close but not to close. A bit of rain and a bit of wind but we have had worse.  Power outages up and down the valley but not here. A bit disappointed as I am hoping to test out the whole house generator. Twisted humor. 😂

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

1 hour ago, rocket said:

the whole house generator.

Nice. My parents had a whole house generator, it actually only powered a few circuits but it worked well. The area they lived in would lose power occasionally and my mother needed an oxygen machine at the time.

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Nice. My parents had a whole house generator, it actually only powered a few circuits but it worked well. The area they lived in would lose power occasionally and my mother needed an oxygen machine at the time.

Depending on what size one gets makes a difference on what one can power.  This one is suppose to do all the 110 circuits and 2 220 loads at one time running at full speed. Kitchen Range, Water Heater and Dryer. But none of the 220 are necessary for a day or two except maybe the Range. Ideally, I would like to keep it running at low speed just to power the absolutely necessary things.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

31 minutes ago, rocket said:

Depending on what size one gets makes a difference on what one can power.  This one is suppose to do all the 110 circuits and 2 220 loads at one time running at full speed. Kitchen Range, Water Heater and Dryer. But none of the 220 are necessary for a day or two except maybe the Range. Ideally, I would like to keep it running at low speed just to power the absolutely necessary things.

Do you run it on propane?