JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Can you guys tell people's ancestors from their looks?

People who are not from Asian or Africa?

Somehow Jewish people look very Jewish to me. 

Like David Schwimmer, Paul Rudd and Ben Stiller.

I can tell if one is Korean or Japanese or Chinese, though to the eyes of other races, we Asians look just the same.

Of course, many Asians look just Asian. (I, as an instance, look Asian. I can look Chinese in China, Korean in Korea and Japanese in Japan)

But there are some people who look unmistakably Korean. 

23 minutes ago, Dages said:

Yes.

When I was in Japan, I could tell if one was Korean, Chinese or Japanese, but now that I'm in Europe, it's not so easy :D 

Then if you met me, you would only know I'm Asian..😀

Edited by VisualizeUrParadise

2 hours ago, VisualizeUrParadise said:

Do you speak Japanese?

Yes, and I can read Korean :D (but I don't understand)

Then if you met me, you would only know I'm Asian..

It depends on your face, but I'd probably think you are Japanese/Korean depending on your style :D 

People who are not from Asian or Africa?
Somehow Jewish people look very Jewish to me. 
Like David Schwimmer, Paul Rudd and Ben Stiller.

I can tell if one is Korean or Japanese or Chinese, though to the eyes of other races, we Asians look just the same.
Of course, many Asians look just Asian. (I, as an instance, look Asian. I can look Chinese in China, Korean in Korea and Japanese in Japan)
But there are some people who look unmistakably Korean. 

By Jewish, do you mean those who can trace their roots to the middle east, or those who trace it to Russia, Spain, Africa, or India? Not all might be ethnic jews.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Funny, we were talking about that on an earlier zoom chat with some of the members here.  I told one of the brothers I never would have known he was Welsh by his looks.  I can sometimes tell Japanese, Chinese, and Koreans apart, and I definitely can tell southeast Asians from northeast Asians.  To me, Cambodians have their own unique looks.  European, forget about it.  I even get Spanish and Italians mixed up.  Here, we African American/Black/People of Color - whatever is proper to call us- can usually pick out an African by their looks.  

Me, I'm a mutt.  My family the Jeffries landed here in 1635.  They started marrying people from the Occaneechi tribe based in North Carolina.  My grandmother on my father's side is the first black blood in the family.  My grandfather was half Scottish!  And my great-grandfather on my mothers side was a German immigrant.  So yeah, mutt.

Mutt here too. Related to General George Custer on one side of the family and supposedly related to Martha Washington on the other side...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 hours ago, coolbrz731 said:

told one of the brothers I never would have known he was Welsh by his looks.

That was me, yes.

I'm English, but I have strong Welsh heritage on my father's side, which is where my physical looks come from. I was explaining that historically, Welsh people were darker and ancient Roman records describe them as "looking like Spanish people".

This gene today is know as "dark Welsh", it's rarer now, because of the intermingling with other people of the British Isles, but you'll find in Wales, or people with connections to Wales, to have a "Mediterranean look", and it's because it goes back to the ancient Welsh, who are thought to have originated from the Middle East or the Mediterranean.

Examples if you look up "dark Welsh people".

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=dark+welsh+people&t=ffab&atb=v1-1&iar=images&iax=images&ia=images

DNA Testing - Stormfront

Ioan Gruffudd Profile

Why are some Welsh people naturally olive skinned ...

What DNA might tell us of the history of Welsh people ...

The Dark Welsh - AnthroScape

Edited by EccentricM

I can tell Irish men a mile away. 

However Scot’s and Irish ladies can be quite similar.
Eastern European ladies have a very similar look (usually slim with beautiful chiselled cheekbones)

Can NOT tell a Frenchman. They are the hardest of all to distinguish I reckon! They have a very mixed ancient heritage and most of the true Gauls got dispersed and only a small handful survived generations ago in Celtic areas. 
Full Disclosure: I know NOTHING 😅

7 hours ago, Honeybarrel said:

I can tell Irish men a mile away. 

However Scot’s and Irish ladies can be quite similar.
Eastern European ladies have a very similar look (usually slim with beautiful chiselled cheekbones)

Can NOT tell a Frenchman. They are the hardest of all to distinguish I reckon! They have a very mixed ancient heritage and most of the true Gauls got dispersed and only a small handful survived generations ago in Celtic areas. 
Full Disclosure: I know NOTHING 😅

What do Irish men look like? 

7 hours ago, VisualizeUrParadise said:

What do Irish men look like? 

It’s tricky but I’ve learnt. There are a few types. One is a sort of ruddy chap roundish face quite florid whether thin or large & Usually reddish blonde hard working .  Another is dark slightly swarthy average height easy with a grin. Another is tall, well built well mannered usually well educated and you wouldn’t know how much they are worth because they usually dress rugby-esque or outdoorsy sporty. All types are humorous to varying degrees and tend to be humble. In fact self deprecation is a very Irish male trait. 

16 hours ago, Honeybarrel said:

I can usually tell Eastern European/Slavic women. Mainly because I tend to be attracted to them 😄

But on a serious note, there tends to be a "specific type" I like physically in terms of facial features, and a lot of the time, the women I find attractive end up being of a Slavic (Polish, Russian, etc) background, even if I'm not "actively seeking" someone Slavic, ie: I'm not thinking "she's Slavic therefore I like her", but rather "I like her, oh turns out she's also Slavic, what a surprise!".

Edited by EccentricM

8 hours ago, Honeybarrel said:

Another is tall, well built well mannered usually well educated and you wouldn’t know how much they are worth because they usually dress rugby-esque or outdoorsy sporty. All types are humorous to varying degrees and tend to be humble. In fact self deprecation is a very Irish male trait. 

I must be Irish...:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

5 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I must be Irish...:lol1:

Billy stops Paddy in Dublin and asks for the quickest way to Cork.

Paddy says, “Are you on foot or in the car?”

Billy says, “In the car.”

Paddy says, “That’s the quickest way.” :lol1:LOL

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

13 hours ago, EccentricM said:

I can usually tell Eastern European/Slavic women. Mainly because I tend to be attracted to them 😄

But on a serious note, there tends to be a "specific type" I like physically in terms of facial features, and a lot of the time, the women I find attractive end up being of a Slavic (Polish, Russian, etc) background, even if I'm not "actively seeking" someone Slavic, ie: I'm not thinking "she's Slavic therefore I like her", but rather "I like her, oh turns out she's also Slavic, what a surprise!".

Well, I’m jealous. I only see Koreans all the time!  What can I do, I myself am Korean. 

42 minutes ago, VisualizeUrParadise said:

Well, I’m jealous. I only see Koreans all the time!  What can I do, I myself am Korean. 

Oh I don't meet any in real life since I don't go out, but it's people who I see online, be it in movies, people on YouTube, or simply friends, or friends of friends.

Over time I noticed I liked a very specific "look" most of the time, and a great deal of the people I saw had Slavic background. Not all women I've found attractive were Slavic, but had similar looks regardless.