JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2016 August JW Broadcasting Monthly Missing from Library

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 483 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I realise that the whole August 2016 JW Broadcasting program is missing from the library. The principle talk(used in Enjoy Life Forever book chapter 34), Morning worship by brother David Splane and the original song are still available. Anyway I managed to download it using an old link (by changing URL). I am really why the whole program is removed. Any possibilities?

9 minutes ago, Terk said:

Anyway I managed to download it using an old link (by changing URL). I am really why the whole program is removed.

What is it about?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I remember that broadcast, I know several of the friends that were shown in the part about Metro cart in San Francisco. It also had an interview with brother Malenfant

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

24 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I remember that broadcast, I know several of the friends that were shown in the part about Metro cart in San Francisco. It also had an interview with brother Malenfant

In addition, it had the life experience of Corey Wells and her family of Rodeo riders.  It showed how seeds of truth can lay dormant (even for years) in young ones.

2016 August JW Broadcasting Program 

(1) Ronald Curzan: “With Someone Loyal You Act in Loyalty” (16:49min)

(2) David H. Splane: Decisions of “the Faithful and Discreet Slave” (Matt. 24:45) (8:19min)

(3) William and Sandra Malenfant: "We Live to Jehovah" (full video, 29:50min)

(4) Cory Wells: I Wanted "the Real Life" (7:07min)

(5) Preparing for Marriage--Part 2 (missing segment)

(6) A Witness to Thousands Every Day—The Metropolitan Work in San Francisco (6:36min)

(7) Original song "Our Thanks Go to You" (2:47min)

(8) Greetings from Watchtower Orchestra 

(5) Preparing for Marriage--Part 2 (pictures of this video appear in Remain in God's Love chapter 10, IF you have not updated TODAY)

On 2/26/2022 at 11:28 AM, Paolo Sevilla said:

As of writing (26-Feb-2021 16:25 UTC), the old picture of the couple in lvs chap. 10 in English WOL is still there.

Only the picture in the main JW.org site was changed (yet). 

It changed on the JWPUB version of the file too. WOL and WT Library are updated monthly or every 2 months 

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/7/2022 at 1:48 AM, Paolo Sevilla said:

The picture in Online Library is already new as well.

I also noticed that the September 2020 JW Broadcasting is missing from the website.

That odd. The image art is still available.

https://assetsnffrgf-a.akamaihd.net/assets/m/jwb/univ/202009/art/jwb_univ_202009_wss_01_lg.jpg

Plus this link works but the actual JW Broadcast is video is missing. The videos are only available separately.

https://www.jw.org/download/?pub=jwb&issue=202009&langwritten=E

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 2/26/2022 at 12:58 AM, Terk said:

I realise that the whole August 2016 JW Broadcasting program is missing from the library.

On 2/26/2022 at 6:11 AM, Terk said:

2016 August JW Broadcasting Program 

(1) Ronald Curzan: “With Someone Loyal You Act in Loyalty” (16:49min)

(2) David H. Splane: Decisions of “the Faithful and Discreet Slave” (Matt. 24:45) (8:19min)

(3) William and Sandra Malenfant: "We Live to Jehovah" (full video, 29:50min)

(4) Cory Wells: I Wanted "the Real Life" (7:07min)

(5) Preparing for Marriage--Part 2 (missing segment)

(6) A Witness to Thousands Every Day—The Metropolitan Work in San Francisco (6:36min)

(7) Original song "Our Thanks Go to You" (2:47min)

(8) Greetings from Watchtower Orchestra 

(5) Preparing for Marriage--Part 2 (pictures of this video appear in Remain in God's Love chapter 10, IF you have not updated TODAY)

👀 UPDATE

The August 2016 JW Broadcast has now been re-uploaded. But It is now only 1:00:45 long, with the 'Preparing for Marriage - Part 2' section having been edited out from this new version:

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/StudioMonthlyPrograms/pub-jwb_201608_1_VIDEO

Um... What was wrong with Part 2 of Preparing for Marriage? That video is missing from jw.org. Did somebody get married to the wrong person because they were misinformed by something in that video?

P.S.: I still have the original video of part 2. If someone wants it, I could arrange to get it to you. Send me a PM.

2 hours ago, Sheep said:

Um... What was wrong with Part 2 of Preparing for Marriage? That video is missing from jw.org. Did somebody get married to the wrong person because they were misinformed by something in that video?

Plus its been cut out of the Enjoy Life Forever video link.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/pub-lffv_424_VIDEO

P.S.: I still have the longer video with part 2. If someone wants it, send me a PM.

If, for example, the couple or either spouse depicted in the video is no longer exemplary (not only because of disfellowshipping) then that could be a reason for pulling down the video. I know of a certain song that was pulled down because the brother that had the privilege of recording it was disfellowshipped. Sad and unwanted as it is, it happens to imperfect people.

When photos are changed, videos go missing, singers replaced etc., I try not to get worried, but rather remain assured that the GB is on the lookout to keep Jehovah’s worship pure, and his congregation blameless and unblemished.

Edited by Skye