JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

31 minutes ago, Luisabola said:

I should feel sad if any witnesses wouldn’t want war to end?!?

Why you have reached that conclusion? Any witness yearns for the end of wars and Paradise to come .. we want to go to peaceful home. Our neutrality has nothing to do with political solutions of this system. When we “take side” (or express viewpoints) what political entity should or shouldn’t have done, we are in line of compromising our Christian neutrality. 

Edited by New World Explorer

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

22 minutes ago, ChrisW said:

Jehovah said to him: “Go through the city, through Jerusalem, and put a mark on the foreheads of the men who are sighing and groaninge over all the detestable things that are being done in the city.”

Is groaning and expressing political views the same category?  Groaning does not violate boundaries of neutrality. Please do not misrepresent scripture, big thanks ☺️ 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

2 hours ago, mjcabz said:

No, its not. Its only BtG not a literal place. Christianity will be the main target in the outbreak of GT

Let see... how the prophecy works. For now nobody can say what is really the meaning of Jerusalem in Mat. 24:15 since antitype is already discarded from this verse. Honestly, I believed and pursued it as a symbolic Christendom for more than 20s years but now it shows differently. Well, let see... 

https://www.dw.com/en/germany-catholic-churches-are-demolished-or-repurposed/a-68300577

Markus Potthoff, the diocesan representative for parish development in Essen, described grief, disbelief, and also massive protests against past church closures. He recommends plenty of communication and "also space for grieving." It was not uncommon in the past for parishioners to "go to the barricades" to oppose the closure of their church, Potthoff told DW. But nowadays that doesn't happen anymore. "After COVID, church congregations have simply become a lot smaller."

1 hour ago, Richie said:

https://www.dw.com/en/germany-catholic-churches-are-demolished-or-repurposed/a-68300577

Markus Potthoff, the diocesan representative for parish development in Essen, described grief, disbelief, and also massive protests against past church closures. He recommends plenty of communication and "also space for grieving." It was not uncommon in the past for parishioners to "go to the barricades" to oppose the closure of their church, Potthoff told DW. But nowadays that doesn't happen anymore. "After COVID, church congregations have simply become a lot smaller."

The water will dry up - Revelation 

3 hours ago, Richie said:

Let see... how the prophecy works. For now nobody can say what is really the meaning of Jerusalem in Mat. 24:15 since antitype is already discarded from this verse. Honestly, I believed and pursued it as a symbolic Christendom for more than 20s years but now it shows differently. Well, let see... 

Matt 24:15: 

Jerusalem is the holy city at that time. The meaning of that prophecy for us is when the UN came into existence— “The whole tendency of the League of Nations is to turn the people away from God and from Christ, and it is therefore a desolating thing, the product of Satan, and an abomination in the sight of God.” So in 1919 “the disgusting thing” appeared. In time, the League gave way to the United Nations. Jehovah’s Witnesses have long exposed these human peace organizations as disgusting in God’s sight.

I hope this helps.

US, Russia to speak on Israeli occupation at top U.N. court

https://news.yahoo.com/us-russia-speak-israeli-occupation-010237229.html

Favorite Scriptures: Revelation 14:7 and Psalm 34:18 | Lost over 100 lbs following a whole food diet. 
¡Estoy aprendo español con Duolingo! | Lover of Ragdoll cats ❤️ Sammy & Toby

2 hours ago, sis little said:

Matt 24:15: 

Jerusalem is the holy city at that time. The meaning of that prophecy for us is when the UN came into existence— “The whole tendency of the League of Nations is to turn the people away from God and from Christ, and it is therefore a desolating thing, the product of Satan, and an abomination in the sight of God.” So in 1919 “the disgusting thing” appeared. In time, the League gave way to the United Nations. Jehovah’s Witnesses have long exposed these human peace organizations as disgusting in God’s sight.

I hope this helps.

If I’m right the “the disgusting thing” has not appeared in 1919, yet it will happen in the future when the go after BT.

47 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

If I’m right the “the disgusting thing” has not appeared in 1919, yet it will happen in the future when the go after BT.

Yes, the current light is the disgusting thing has not stood up yet in a holy place.

5 hours ago, Richie said:

image.png.7c71fcd27184acf84fae1259fa5b8586.png

New lights is aleady at jw.org.... Might be the same thing will happen to Mat. 24:15 in the future... Might be this verse is only for the 1st century Christians.

Do you think this means that soon UN will occupy and ban religion in the city of Jerusalem? 
Easter/ramadan time is approaching fast. 3 religions co exist in that city. Turmoils will probably arise. At some point something will trigger the wish to ban religion. Jehovah will make it happen.

Or on the other hand do you  feel that maybe there s no connection with now days ?

I believe there is because Jesus said the reader should be wise and think about Daniel.

(Ok ok… back then many Jews thought that it had already happened anyway 

Jesus said no. It will happen.)

since the disgusting thing is mentioned in Dan chapter 11 and obviously related to the time of the end of KOTN I still believe there will be another fulfillment soon.

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

Do you think this means that soon UN will occupy and ban religion in the city of Jerusalem? 
Easter/ramadan time is approaching fast. 3 religions co exist in that city. Turmoils will probably arise. At some point something will trigger the wish to ban religion. Jehovah will make it happen.

Or on the other hand do you  feel that maybe there s no connection with now days ?

I believe there is because Jesus said the reader should be wise and think about Daniel.

(Ok ok… back then many Jews thought that it had already happened anyway 

Jesus said no. It will happen.)

since the disgusting thing is mentioned in Dan chapter 11 and obviously related to the time of the end of KOTN I still believe there will be another fulfillment soon.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I am just thinking that Mat. 24:15 is an indication of GT outbreak. Then, the attack on BTG will resume, 1st to Christendom and others to follow. I am just observing if this indication has an actual fulfillment then attack to Babylon. This idea has been obviously supported by secular references that Jerusalem today is still so atrached to Abrahamic religions and become the object of long term conflicts. In otherway around, might be Mat. 24:15 has no significant fulfillment today as indicated by discarding the antitype meaning of this. Well, I am still hoping for future understanding in Jehovah's will. 

If in case the word Jerusalem will become literal. UN will do away with this place due to the place become a flashpoint of long conflicts and to fullfill its long term peace mandate. If things going to this direction, it can be said "Jerusalem is humiliated by UN. Then UN has a concrete reason why all religions are to be banned, the start of GT. This is only my personal idea based on what's happening today.

Edited by Richie

10 minutes ago, ChrisW said:

I think what @Luisabola was trying to say was the sadness of the civilians that were killed.  I didn't read anything more into her statement then her compassion for others. What am I missing and how did I misquote scripture?

Imperfect servants of Jehovah did a lot of misquote or misunderstading someone's quotation. In the end, we love sharing  and taking notes from others that's benefit us. Still, we feel the love of others despite of differences.

Edited by Richie

One thing I'm sure of is that they'll use artificial intelligence against us.
Everyone pay attention to this, this will be a very strong weapon now and in the Great Tribulation.
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/15/technology/openai-sora-videos.html

(Be careful! The above comment came from a suspicious source, a 20 year old. There's a risk that he is being: Idiot, reckless or stupid)

11 minutes ago, Sete said:

Everyone pay attention to this, this will be a very strong weapon now and in the Great Tribulation.

As mentioned other times, the whole AI generation, and additional capability of video will truly be something to be aware of.   And also being able to learn someone's voice and duplicate it to say whatever.   I have seen the demo's and for a small price anyone can begin to experiment with it.    These technologies will only improve, and very fast.

As AI matures more, I am sure there will be some meeting parts on it.   It wouldn't surprise me if the video had demonstrations included so those not savvy in this type of thing can see it for themselves.   Even if there is no personal hobby-type interest with the brothers, they will need to learn what it's capable of.

6 hours ago, ChrisW said:

I have to take issue with that. How am I misrepresenting a scripture by quoting it?

I have asked the question. You did not answer. You only quoted last part. Please go back to my question dear sister to understand why I said that scripture is misrepresented in this case. For further discussion please pm me (not to hijack this topic) 

10 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

I have asked the question. You did not answer. You only quoted last part. Please go back to my question dear sister to understand why I said that scripture is misrepresented in this case. For further discussion please pm me (not to hijack this topic) 

I will simply say no groaning is not the same and leave it at that brother.  I think we all are groaning for this system to end.  

Dance. Even if there's no music. 

Dance Dancing GIF by binibambini

17 minutes ago, ChrisW said:

I will simply say no groaning is not the same and leave it at that brother.  I think we all are groaning for this system to end.  

Yes, we are all groaning as the pains of this system continue, and in fact are increasing. That’s why we need to stay away from any comments that can compromise our neutral stand. Feeling disappointment over political inaction (Gaza resolution) can affect our heart. Jehovah is watching how people suffer as well and still he tells us to wait patiently for him. In the meantime we zealously support the preaching work .. and If we are asked at the doors what do we think about veto at UN any United States how would we answer? (Neutrality is not only expressed by lips but also how we feel inside) Groaning YES, making political viewpoints NO. Thank you for answering my question. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/ap/ap-international/ap-brazil-calls-for-reform-of-united-nations-as-it-starts-its-g20-presidency/

Brazil calls for reform of United Nations as it starts its G20 presidency

Brazil’s foreign minister called for reforms of the United Nations and other multilateral institutions Wednesday while criticizing their inability to prevent global conflicts, as his country kicked off its presidency of the Group of 20 nations....

Edited by 80snewwave

"Any Day Now" 》 P&S/GT

7 hours ago, Sete said:

Yes this… ☝️ I have thought for a long while that this will become a tool in Satans hands that he will manipulate and try to use against us

I’m not trying to worry others, but imagine we are in the thick of the GT and we see a message supposedly from the GB it may even appear to be on our website! This message is giving us instructions… what do we do? ….. 

I think the obvious thing would be to listen to our body of elders, stay close to Jehovah and pay attention… I have wondered if this kind of scenario is also on the minds of the GB , AI has become extremely frightening… and things can look very very real

The GT may involve many things that 10 or 20 years ago we would never have contemplated

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

1 minute ago, Anniebea said:

Yes this… ☝️ I have thought for a long while that this will become a tool in Satans hands that he will manipulate and try to use against us

I’m not trying to worry others, but imagine we are in the thick of the GT and we see a message supposedly from the GB it may even appear to be on our website! This message is giving us instructions… what do we do? ….. 

I think the obvious thing would be to listen to our body of elders, stay close to Jehovah and pay attention… I have wondered if this kind of scenario is also on the minds of the GB , AI has become extremely frightening… and things can look very very real

The GT may involve many things that 10 or 20 years ago we would never have contemplated

There was a Watchtower study article about the possible disconnection to the branch and the only means to keep close to Jehovah's organization is to heed your elders' local directions.