JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

5 hours ago, truce said:

I was waiting for someone to pick up on this. I think it's too definitive to say we've had an adjustment with regard to the judgment message. The GB has said that while we may declare a hard-hitting judgment message that is likened to hailstones that gets heavier in intensity as the GT progresses (very likely a message signaling that Satan's system is about to end), we must also realize that even the message of the good news in itself can be a judgment message for those who do not accept it. We must remember that as explained in the book Live With Jehovah's Day in Mind, even now we have a twofold message to declare: announcing the good news of what God's kingdom will do and also announcing the judgment that is soon to come upon the entire inhabited earth. In this regard, nothing has changed. 

Remember the article about the shaking of the nations? Same message, different reactions ... positive or negative depending on viewpoint. Same thing with the good news. It isn't judgement time until Jesus judges at Armageddon. Plus a judgement message is not the same as a hailstone message. There has been no mention of a hailstone message recently. The Broadcast of October 2023 notably only spoke of a judgement message and omitted the word hailstone. There is a difference.  It's the difference between a solely negative message and a negative response to a message which is both positive or negative depending on how we view it. It's always going to be a message of good news to us which is what you say above.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2021562

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/watchtower-study-may-2024/What-Do-We-Know-About-Jehovahs-Future-Judgments/ paras 12 and 13

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/StudioMonthlyPrograms/pub-jwb-106_1_VIDEO

1 hour ago, Abigail said:

Plus a judgement message is not the same as a hailstone message.

Exactly 

we won’t proclaim any hailstones message 

the message will be good news until Armagedom 

It will become more direct perhaps during GT but always good news.

judgement message for those goatlike 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Israel accepted the ceasefire agreement for 6 weeks

Hamas has to decide

https://fortune.com/2024/03/02/gaza-cease-fire-israel-white-house-up-to-hamas/amp/

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

This World scene can change drastically.

i heard tonight on the news that US president may stop supporting Israel because of election campaign.

Right now Biden s behind Trump on the polls.
USA seems to stop supporting Ukraine and Israel 

On the other side, Russian activists living in Portugal are calling all Russians NOT to vote on Putin. To do a stalling at 12:00 local hour to all voters against Putin to vote at that hour.

37 minutes ago, Sofia said:

i heard tonight on the news that US president may stop supporting Israel because of election campaign.

On the other side, Russian activists living in Portugal are calling all Russians NOT to vote on Putin. To do a stalling at 12:00 local hour to all voters against Putin to vote at that hour.

That's all exciting news😄

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

Israel accepted the ceasefire agreement for 6 weeks

Hamas has to decide

https://fortune.com/2024/03/02/gaza-cease-fire-israel-white-house-up-to-hamas/amp/

Prpbably a short period of peace for the sake of Religjous Holidays...Mmmm.... Hoping for surprise action can be seen after. Let see

Edited by Richie

13 hours ago, Sofia said:

Maybe the dont have money anymore to support the war. 

March 2024 is a bit exciting!!! 

> March 10 starts of Ramadan

> March 24 Our Memorial of Christ's Death

14 days from new moon at the start of Ramadan is Nisan 14. What a coincidence!!!! 

If Muslims are to be barred at Al Aqsa Mosque on March 10 at the start of Ramadan. Flashpoint of another confilct may start from Muslim world. Therefore, temporary peace talk is a must just to avoid this fireball. 

Edited by Richie

A lot can happen in March…

imagine:

-cease fire in Israel 

-Putin losing elections 

-many anointed get their final sealing by memorial time

i like to think that GT is just around the corner even if it takes a few more years 😅

2 hours ago, Sofia said:

imagine:

-cease fire in Israel 

-Putin losing elections 

i like to think that GT is just around the corner even if it takes a few more years 😅

You second bullet point is EXTREMELY unlikely.   EXTREMELY...

24 minutes ago, Desert Dan said:

We have a saying in Portuguese that says "atrás de mim virá quem, de mim, bom fará".

It translates into something like "behind me will come one who will do me good".

What I mean with this is not that I take any side, but that sometime people get too much from western media and forget that things are not black and white, and that there are also some hard line voices in Russia.

Anyway, those voices will now be more vocal after the German general leaked voice meeting.

Edited by Paulo

typo

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

52 minutes ago, truce said:

It's an almost one month disparity. Wow!

Yeah I had to look this up.  We do not go by the modern Jewish calendar but by the biblical lunar calendar.  So the new moon in Jerusalem is March 10th and April 8th. Northern spring equinox is March 20th.  The closest new moon is the March 10th one which starts the month of Nisan. March 24th would be the biblical Nisan 14. 
I think I got all that right. lol 

Edited by BLEmom

Corrected

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

53 minutes ago, BLEmom said:

Yeah I had to look this up.  We do not go by the modern Jewish calendar but by the biblical lunar calendar.  So the new moon in Jerusalem is March 10th and April 8th. Northern spring equinox is March 20th.  The closest new moon is the March 10th one which starts the month of Nisan. March 24th would be the biblical Nisan 14. 
I think I got all that right. lol 

Thanks a million for this exposition. 

2 hours ago, Desert Dan said:

I know... but my mind is no narrow... I cant see P&S on Earth with that man running Russia. Will he die? or  what? 

This is just my small mind reasoning... that´s all. 

7 hours ago, Mike047 said:

Our memorial is March 24, but Nisan 14th is April 22nd (Jewish calendar)

There is always a deviation from Jewish how we compute Nisan 14. Sometimes, only one day difference. The closest new moon from March Equinox is March 10. From March 10, we count 14 days then we come up March 24. April 08 new moon is a bit far from Equinox. So March 24 is a correct one. This is a first I notice that Jewish Passover become far from our computation and Muslim uses new moon from closest equinox that we make the same reference point for this year 2024.

I think is already discussed😂

Edited by Richie

6 hours ago, Sofia said:

imagine:

-cease fire in Israel 

-Putin losing elections 

I feel the same. Heat is around the corner. The same heat I had 20 years ago but more intense🤣

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/mar/03/jerusalem-land-grab-armenian-community-fear-eviction-after-contentious-deal

Jerusalem ‘land grab’: Armenian community fear eviction after contentious deal

“The war gives a cover,” Hintlian said, warning that if the ­contract is allowed to stand, it will set a ­dangerous precedent. “This will open the door for future grabs, even using violence.”

Another heat from Jerusalem.... 

2 hours ago, Sofia said:

I know... but my mind is no narrow... I cant see P&S on Earth with that man running Russia. Will he die? or  what? 

Scripturally, KOTN will end from his own....Let see how it works

4 hours ago, Sofia said:

If the Kots would just give up, there could be the cry of peace; no need for Putin to be gone. The kots can't win this war, in my opinion. What makes sense to me is that things escalate to the point that when peace is finally declared (or a stalemate), it is extreme enough that it will be the Cry of peace we are waiting for.

(obviously i could be wrong)

24 minutes ago, LeolaRootStew said:

If the Kots would just give up, there could be the cry of peace; no need for Putin to be gone. The kots can't win this war, in my opinion. What makes sense to me is that things escalate to the point that when peace is finally declared (or a stalemate), it is extreme enough that it will be the Cry of peace we are waiting for.

(obviously i could be wrong)

I think sis. Sofia is referrring to Daniel 11:45b..and he will come all the way to his end, and there will be no helper for him.

This verse is a bit mind boggling prior to GT.