JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

I always smile thinking of the way Jehovah carries out His purpose. Like, for example, He promised Abraham an offspring, but at first He didn't say when or how. Sarah stepped in to 'help' with Hagar. A few years after God tells them "No, he'll be Sarah's boy".

Now we're banging our heads trying to figure out the next move. And maybe we're trying too hard. 

"It's OK. Jehovah loves you", as brother Morris say.

1 hour ago, Ysaias said:

It may be, brother Jerry.

Like the number of days in 12:11, 12. To this date it's understood that all are in the past.

- 1,290 days: Jan 1919 to Sep 1922

- 1,335 days: Sep 1922 to May 1926

It may not be the case anymore, but we'll clearly understand the math after A-Day, maybe with a Kingdom Update (formerly, GB Update). And then, we all will say "Aha! That makes sense. So easy. Why didn't I notice?"

These dates / numbers have been fulfilled already. They are not for the future.

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 hour ago, Ysaias said:

I always smile thinking of the way Jehovah carries out His purpose. Like, for example, He promised Abraham an offspring, but at first He didn't say when or how. Sarah stepped in to 'help' with Hagar. A few years after God tells them "No, he'll be Sarah's boy".

Now we're banging our heads trying to figure out the next move. And maybe we're trying too hard. 

Jehovah’s timing is amazing

2000 years after the original sin in Eden and Jehovah’s anouncing the descendant to solve the issue, Jehovah anounced that descendant would come out of Abraham. 2000 years later Jesus proved to be that descendant and now 2000 years after that we are at the cusp of GT and Armageddon to change into paradise on Earth.

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 hour ago, Ysaias said:

I try to imagine if King David also banged his head🤣

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

These dates / numbers have been fulfilled already. They are not for the future.

I do hope this is true. That what our publications say. 

I will admit I have been humbly suspicious of them though. Daniel is full of amazing , exciting wonderous things!  and the way the entire book concludes is on some numbers that mathematically occured in the 1920s , long before I ,as a hopeful Great Tribulation survivor  ever came along ? 

Its that whole jump back in time thing, instead of following a flow of thought. 

When i read that as fulfillment its like 1 firecracker , instead of a huge fireworks show. 😅

I want them to already be fulfilled.I do.  But there is a teeny tiny piece in my mind that goes...I not so suuuuuurrre. Lol

6 minutes ago, Tsheppar said:

I do hope this is true. That what our publications say. 

I will admit I have been humbly suspicious of them though. Daniel is full of amazing , exciting wonderous things!  and the way the entire book concludes is on some numbers that mathematically occured in the 1920s , long before I ,as a hopeful Great Tribulation survivor  ever came along ? 

Its that whole jump back in time thing, instead of following a flow of thought. 

When i read that as fulfillment its like 1 firecracker , instead of a huge fireworks show. 😅

I want them to already be fulfilled.I do.  But there is a teeny tiny piece in my mind that goes...I not so suuuuuurrre. Lol

Only for my personal thought and note, these numbers have already fullfilled their purpose... if others say still for the future, that's fine as long as it has logical and Biblical reason behind. In the end, we are so excited for one thing, the GT starts. 

More bank failures are coming also……

The Federal Reserve on Wednesday said a funding lifeline created for banks last year after the collapse of Silicon Valley Bank threatened to spark a wider financial crisis would close as scheduled in March.”

https://www.reuters.com/markets/us/fed-allow-emergency-bank-lending-program-expire-march-11-2024-01-25/

Edited by zoebarry

1 hour ago, Dustparticle said:

I do not see no indications of food shortages in USA.

Same here in Tennessee, I would expect the price of beef to go up maybe because of the fires in Texas having killed many.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/texas-panhandle-ranchers-face-losses-and-grim-task-of-removing-dead-cattle-killed-by-wildfires/ar-BB1jbSA2

45 minutes ago, JennyM said:

The only thing that helped me survive now is prayer. 

This system is unbelievable. 

Been praying everyday. 

Without prayer, Ill be mentally and emotionally drained. 

That is true Jenny. Today's world can drain us mentally but through Jehovah's provision, we can have peace in the troubled world. 

8 hours ago, JennyM said:

The only thing that helped me survive now is prayer. 

This system is unbelievable. 

Been praying everyday. 

Without prayer, Ill be mentally and emotionally drained. 

Know that you are not the only one my dear sister, and that you are not alone.

At our last Circuit Assembly on February 25, our CO said the following:

"There are millions of demons confined to this planet.

There is a demon in your house,

there is a demon at your job,

There is a demon everywhere,

and they are all against us.

Do you really believe that any Jehovah's Witness, anywhere,

would have a job, or anything else,

without Jehovah's direct intervention?"

So, dear Jenny,

Always pray and always smile and always hold your head high.

Jehovah knows you.

And when He says your name, be sure that the angels also know who He is talking about.

Is 41:10

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

On 3/4/2024 at 4:22 AM, BLEmom said:

Yeah I had to look this up.  We do not go by the modern Jewish calendar but by the biblical lunar calendar.  So the new moon in Jerusalem is March 10th and April 8th. Northern spring equinox is March 20th.  The closest new moon is the March 10th one which starts the month of Nisan. March 24th would be the biblical Nisan 14. 
I think I got all that right. lol 

Interestingly 2024, as well as being a secular leap year, is also a Jewish one, when an extra month is slotted in, of which there are 7 in every 19 year cycle.  In short, without going into long explanations of other Jewish religious festivals, this is why there is a difference of a month between our Memorial, on Nisan 14 and the Jewish one on April 22.

Edited by GeordieGirl

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

1 hour ago, Paulo said:

Know that you are not the only one my dear sister, and that you are not alone.

At our last Circuit Assembly on February 25, our CO said the following:

"There are millions of demons confined to this planet.

There is a demon in your house,

there is a demon at your job,

There is a demon everywhere,

and they are all against us.

Do you really believe that any Jehovah's Witness, anywhere,

would have a job, or anything else,

without Jehovah's direct intervention?"

So, dear Jenny,

Always pray and always smile and always hold your head high.

Jehovah knows you.

And when He says your name, be sure that the angels also know who He is talking about.

Is 41:10

Interesting though.

1 hour ago, vern said:

The only stat we have is the 1\3 of myriad of myriad.  100 million .

10 demons per witness.

Satan had to ask permission to get to Job because he tried already but found a hedge instead.

There is mention of angels in heaven helping humans.

I think I have 25 of them.

Edited by Dustparticle

5 hours ago, vern said:

The only stat we have is the 1\3 of myriad of myriad.  100 million .

10 demons per witness.

Satan had to ask permission to get to Job because he tried already but found a hedge instead.

There is mention of angels in heaven helping humans.

1 myriad of myriad is after the 1/3 so that's 50M (150M - 33% 😃 100M)
So that's 6 per JW, 2,5 per Memorial attendant :)