JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

1 hour ago, cme said:

Good morning friends, anxiety is the order of the day here.  Again, do not know where it came from.  News? Economy? Waiting on Jehovah? Family problems? Especially my oldest who unexpectantly has turn on me.  She's not a witness but, was never against it.

We as a congregation are being divided in a few weeks.  Husband on judicial committee.  I see the pain on his face.  I asked him he did not say anything other than it was someone that he appreciates much and did not think that this could happen.

Well, I'm full. Going out in service this morning.  Service brings me peace, joy and a sense of fullfillment.  May Jehovah have mercy on us as a people and individually.  Catch you all later.

Is it the congregation that has 53 elders and 200 publishers? I say: why not split the congregation into 3 parts. Each would still have at least 60 publishers and 16 elders.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, truce said:

Is it the congregation that has 53 elders and 200 publishers? I say: why not split the congregation into 3 parts. Each would still have at least 60 publishers and 16 elders.

Honestly with the way the world is developing, I don't see the need for a congregation to have more than 80 publishers. 

Edited by truce

2 minutes ago, truce said:

Honestly with the way the world is developing, I don't see the need for a congregation to have more than 80 publishers. 

It is unusual to have more than 10 elders in a congregation in my region. Normally, minimum of 5 to 6 elders for 60~70 publishers in a congregation can be said have balance responsibility.

More than 670 feared dead in Papua New Guinea landslide, UN agency says

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/more-than-4000-likely-impacted-by-papua-new-guinea-landslide-aid-group-says-2024-05-26/

So much suffering in one place after another, we need the Kingdom with utmost urgency 

41 minutes ago, Dages said:

Non, c'est une décision locale. Ma région a beaucoup changé ces derniers temps et le commandant réfléchit à déplacer les frontières:D 

In a handful of years we have had two restructurings, the last one was a year and a half ago now. 4 new congregations were created for the occasion and this year, a 5th was born. A magnificent increase. The cut was painful but frankly, it seemed to boost the congregations in the region. Pioneers are springing up  almost everywhere.

In my congregation there is one elder for every 8 publishers on average. A beautiful pastoral work is being accomplished.

Posted (edited)

Bro. David, thank you.  Jehovah knows we need prayers.  We all do in these last days.  I think I will come home and just go to bed.

By the way, I want to thank all you brothers for this "chat program".   Where would we go if we did not have our dear friends around the world. 

Hopefully, Jehovah willing in the NW we will have you over for dinner.   I can cook a "mean Paella"  :).

Edited by cme

1 hour ago, Dhanyel said:

More than 670 feared dead in Papua New Guinea landslide, UN agency says

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/more-than-4000-likely-impacted-by-papua-new-guinea-landslide-aid-group-says-2024-05-26/

So much suffering in one place after another, we need the Kingdom with utmost urgency 

Maybe it's one of the "fearful sights" that Jesus have said...

Posted (edited)

Spain calls for EU member states to ensure Israel respects World Court rulings on Gaza war.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/spain-calls-for-eu-member-states-to-ensure-israel-respects-world-court-rulings-on-gaza-war/

I know it’s only words but I found them interesting. I guess we are expecting that one day things will move beyond words, from whichever avenue it may be.

“I am going to ask the other 26 partners to declare the backing of the International Court of Justice and its decision, and also, if Israel continues to pursue against that opinion of the Court, we would try to take the right measures to enforce that decision,” he tells reporters in Brussels during a joint news conference with his Irish and Norwegian counterparts.“

Edited by MChill14

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, MChill14 said:

Spain calls for EU member states to ensure Israel respects World Court rulings on Gaza war.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/spain-calls-for-eu-member-states-to-ensure-israel-respects-world-court-rulings-on-gaza-war/

I know it’s only words but I found them interesting. I guess we are expecting that one day things will move beyond words, from whichever avenue it may be.

“I am going to ask the other 26 partners to declare the backing of the International Court of Justice and its decision, and also, if Israel continues to pursue against that opinion of the Court, we would try to take the right measures to enforce that decision,” he tells reporters in Brussels during a joint news conference with his Irish and Norwegian counterparts.“

It is sounding like reinforcing the verdict. Well, arresting Israel PM is like contradicting his worldwide supporters who are believing Israel holiness. One of them is HAGEE MINISTRY group based in US. They feel that all nations supporting the arrest is trampling down the Holy Land.

Edited by Richie

Posted (edited)
On 5/26/2024 at 6:58 AM, truce said:

In my area we have a lot of big congregations. Sometimes some congregations are split up and added to other existing congregations. 

The reason is that we have so many publishers here, but not enough kingdom halls. By keeping the congregations big, less new halls have to be constructed. 

Maybe that's the case in other areas too...

Edited by blue-jay

3 hours ago, MChill14 said:

whoah. Now the world is divided. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, jps said:

yep,

thats why i keep a low profile in this thread..

(from now 😄)

yep. Me too. My wild imagination flies! But I keep all to my self and stay alert to the news resumee at the end of each day and to GB updates.

I feel that we will have some bombastic updates soon, as GT aproaches fast. 

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

3 hours ago, Sofia said:

yep. Me too. My wild imagination flies! But I keep all to my self and stay alert to the news resumee at the end of each day and to GB updates.

I feel that we will have some bombastic updates soon, as GT aproaches fast. 

Do not talk to the congregations to avoid divisions. Keep in private talk in casual way. Even you make it ahead keep your head low😊

All have privilege in the platform cannot deviate from the outline and references although they have ideas in minds. That's is why great self control is necessary to keep in the track.

8 hours ago, trottigy said:

Nice text for today. It reminded me of this thread:

3 hours ago, jps said:

yep,

thats why i keep a low profile in this thread..

(from now 😄)

I think there's a difference between brainstorming how it might be fulfilled vs pointing to something in the news and claiming that that's the fulfillment. The first one keeps us on the watch, the second gets people's hopes up and dashed.

4 minutes ago, LeolaRootStew said:

I think there's a difference between brainstorming how it might be fulfilled vs pointing to something in the news and claiming that that's the fulfillment. The first one keeps us on the watch, the second gets people's hopes up and dashed.

If it is discussed with open mind in private talk that's fine as long as only sharing the ideas. For me, some ideas here are faith strengthening and spark my faith. But of course not a final statement. 

Your comments are added to spice up everyday life... Just keep in a proper place don't take it seriously if some offended. Later on, we will realize some of us does make it sense and added to our lights. That's a gift from Jehovah and the reality of life. 

The daily text reminds us that never be in the congregation that may cause divisions. 

27 minutes ago, LeolaRootStew said:

Unfortunately, we have found that some members don't know the difference..😞

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D